Status: One Shot; Complete

Just so Bubbily

One&Done

Will you count me in?

I typed away on my laptop. Not being able to sleep completely sucks...to say the least. I had been awake for the past three or so hours, so I decided to atleast put my sleepless night into some positive action, and do my work. I was overloaded, so maybe this restless night would actually pay off. I doubt it. As I finished the fourteenth page of typing I heard light footsteps. My typing halted as my eyes looked towards my closed door. After a few more seconds I saw a head pop into my room. My eyes met their own, a little shocked contained in both.

“Well good morning Jason, sorry if I woke you up.”
My roommate glanced at my clock, noticing it was in fact early in the next day. “Good morning Allie. Don’t worry, you didn’t wake me up, I haven’t been able to sleep for a little while, and finally got tired of just sitting around. I noticed your light was on, so yeah.”
“Oh okay. How long have you been awake for?” I asked.
“Since about eleven thirty. Going to bed does not go over well with me. I’m too used to those late nights staying out with the guys.” I rolled my eyes, knowing that every word he said was true. “How about you?”
“Since midnight.”
“Well, that sucks. You should have just come into my room.”
I looked at him sceptically, “Oh yes, and like I knew you were awake.”
“Hey, you could have woke me up. You know I don’t mind.”
Both of us laughed a little bit, I agreed with him. When we first became roommates a few years ago, that was one of the first things he said.
“Maybe you’re scared of the monsters under your bed!” Jason joked.
I rolled my eyes, “Yes totally, Jas. Ya know, there are tons of monsters under there.”
“You never know Allie.” I just gave him a look. “Okay, okay...but still, I think I should stay in here, just incase.”
“Whatever you want to do Jason,” Letting out a small laugh he got into my bed beside me.

I woke up later that morning to see a childish face a few centimetres from my own. I scrunched up my nose in attempt to stop myself from laughing, and succeeded in only letting out a small giggle. Moving my face a little closer, I have him a small kiss on the nose which woke him up in a confused state.

“Eh, morning Allie.” Jason groggily spoke.
“Morning Jas.” I turned to fully face him, and lay with my face in my hand.
“How’d ya sleep?” He asked, “Better after I was here right?”
I laughed a little bit, “Actually yes. For once you were right.”
“Hey!” He spoke with a hint of humour in his voice. .
“Help me make breakfast?” I asked, starting to get out of bed.
“Sure,” He smiled at me, “Cuz I am such a wonderful chef.”
“Well of course Mr. Spezza, only the best.”
He gave me one of his signature smirks, “You know it.”

We both got out of bed, walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I was the first one down the stairs, and awaited at the bottom. As I was prodding a random mark on the side table that only I could see, Jason snuck up behind me, and wrapped his arms around my waist in a hug from behind. I slapped him playfully and looked up at his face. He seemed to be off in thought as I felt a weird sensation throughout my body. A shock went through my toes and glittered up through my body. There was really no way to describe it without sounding insanely...well insane.

Jason looked down at me expectantly, “Hey you okay Allz?” He asked.
I snapped out of my curious thoughts and removed the stare from my eyes, “Yeah I’m okay, just a bit tired still.”
Asking in quite a wrong manner he replied “We can go back to bed if you want...”
I scrunched up my nose as the previous feeling swept over me once again, “Come on. Let’s make breakfast.” I poked him in shoulder, right where his soft spot was, and he tripped backwards.
After yelling several profanities he came stomping in the kitchen behind me, “You know you aren’t very funny, right?”
“I care to differ.” I spoke with some lost sense of formalness in my voice.
He laughed as we both attempted to make scrambled eggs with toast and bacon. Neither of us being chefs whatsoever made this job terribly difficult.

As I finished making breakfast by putting all of our masterpieces on plates, Jason happened to slip off somewhere. Just when I was about to put the last piece of bacon on a plate I heard a shuffle of footsteps from behind me. I turned around in utter shock to see Jason wearing some sort of masquerade mask. I yelped in shock as he burst out laughing.

“You shoulda seen your face!” He continued laughing as I gave him a stern look. I couldn’t hold composure for much longer though, since I soon found myself cracking a smile at his expression. He honestly looked like a little kid watching ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ where they show all the clips in a row of people falling off of cars, trucks, bikes, roofs...whatever.
“I can just imagine what it looked like, but that was not funny Jas.”
“Well I think it was utterly hilarious.” He smiled and took off the mask.
“Hmpf.” I stuck my nose in the air in a semi-fake stubborn, disapproving act.
“Awww, Allie, don’t be like that.” He gave me a childish pout.
Why must all hockey players act like a bunch of two year olds and be so cute at the same time? I had yet to figure that out. “Fine...” Jason let out a cheer of happiness and wrapped me in a bone-breaking hug.

That evening we sat on the couch hidden under the covers. We were having a movie marathon on the rainy day. Jason wrapped his arm around me to bring me closer to him, and again, that lovely feeling was back. It started in my toes, and made my crinkle my nose. I tried to ignore the growing butterflies, and laid my head on his chest.

I feel asleep at peace. Jason and myself laid close together on his bed and even our breathing was in sync. He pulled the covers up to my nose and gave me a kiss on the forehead, “Sweet dreams.” His arms wrapped around my waist, which gave me a strong sense of comfort.

At 2am, something woke me up. It wasn’t a sound, a movement, or a dream even...It was that feeling. It had come back to me. It started as a deep feeling in my soul and it made me loose all control. Wherever it goes I always know, that he makes me smile, I hope he stays for a while and just takes his time, wherever he goes.

As I was caught up in this wondrous feeling. I heard a soft mumble. At first I couldn’t make it out, but as I listened closer I heard Jason say “I love you Allie...” My eyes shot open, as he slowly started to wake up.
“I love you too Jason.” And with that, our lips met, in what seemed to be held in for years.

Wherever, wherever, wherever you go.
Wherever, wherever, wherever you go.
Oooh, wherever you go
I always know
Cuz you make me smile, even just for a while

<3
♠ ♠ ♠
From a long time ago.
Not exactly proof read.

Yeah, not a good combination.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it at least a little bit :P