Sequel: Forgive Me
Status: Comment either this or my profile, if you want to know when the sequel will be up!

Break the Walls

Chapter Fifteen

Jack stared at me dumbfounded, meeting my gaze. We stayed like that for a few moments, just watching the other. Rian and Zack were more apologetic with their eyes, looking away to cease from staring at the freak show.

I gripped my wrist, biting my lip. I had told Alex with such an ease. Something about telling the others, though, kept me weary. It wasn’t that I didn’t trust them; I just don’t know if they believed me.

“Seriously?” he whispered, finally ripping his eyes away from my own.

“Yeah,” I sighed, “Why do you think I never invited anyone of you over?”

“I just thought you didn’t like having someone over or your mom didn’t tolerate it.”

I nodded, nipping my lip. In the back of my mind, there was a little voice telling me that the boys weren’t one hundred percent certain of the situation. They had to be, though. Didn’t they?

Alex squeezed my hand, pulling me onto his lap, “That’s also why her mom is barely home.”

Jack sighed quietly, “I’m sorry, Hailee.”

“Don’t be,” I smiled a tad, “it’s not your fault.”

The night slowly pulled its way towards us, sneaking up like a fox on a rabbit. I had no reason to believe that this would turn out to be a normal day, frankly.

I put Adam to bed, kissing his forehead, but he was already asleep. Walking out of his room, I found myself back downstairs, “Where’s Zack at?”

“Angela called,” Rian shook his head.

I nodded at his irritation, sitting on the couch next to Alex. He slipped his hand into mine, smiling.

“I got it,” Jack squealed as the phone rang, picking it up, “Hello?”

I tuned out Jack’s conversation, chewing on the inside of my cheek. Between the boys hitting their big break, Adam, not worrying about my mom and over reacting about things, I hadn’t had much time to look over the mail that had been piling up.

I got to my feet, walking into the kitchen. I flipped through the white envelopes, coming across a big, yellow one at the bottom. My eyes went wide as I read the mailing address, University of Maryland.

My fingers shook, as I opened the envelope, pulling out the white sheet of paper, “Oh my God!”

“What’s wrong?” Alex ran in, standing behind me with his hand on my lower back, “What’s that?”

“I got in!”

“Are you going to be there for the graduation?” I straightened out my purple Lipsy Harness Beaded Dress, turning to look at Alex.

It had been two weeks since I got my acceptance letter, and I felt like I was walking on water. Graduation was tonight, and I was rummaging through my closet to find a dress to wear.

Since the boys had started recording, they stopped going to school. Between running to the studio and dealing with the managers, they barely had time to do anything. It was a near miracle that I was seeing him, right now.

“Of course,” Alex got to his feet, wrapping his arms around my waist, “We may not be walking across the stage, but that doesn’t mean we all won’t watch you do it.”

I smiled up at him, pressing my lips against his softly. All this time, Alex still made my heart beat and extra thump.

“Hailee,” Adam opened up, his tuxedo a little big on him, “I’m ready.”

I smiled at him, “That makes two of us. Are you going to be good for Alex, Jack, Rian and Zack?”

“Duh,” he smiled his charming smile, turning out to walk elsewhere.

“Here we go, I guess,” I turned towards Alex, shaking off my nerves.

“I now present you with the Graduates of 2006,” our principle clapped as we all rose to our feet, tossing our caps into the air.

I picked my cap back up, pushing my valedictorian robes out of the way to pass through the massive crowd. Adam, Jack, Alex, Rian and Zack all heaved their ways up, throwing their arms at me and shouting congratulations.

I had never been so nervous before in my life. It was a tradition that the valedictorian gives the class speech, telling about the different students and their successes. I wasn’t panicky for that, though; I was nervous to stand in front of so many people.

Alex and I walked out of the auditorium, hand in hand with Adam right in front of us.

“Hailee, Alex,” Greg, the yearbook photographer stood in front of us, “can we get a picture?”

Alex smiled, nodding and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“I want in it,” Adam protested, tugging on Greg’s dress shirt sleeve.

Greg chuckled, “Go ahead, little guy.”

Adam scampered over, standing in front of us. Greg snapped the shot, moving onto the next couple.

We all walked out onto the football field, the other graduates cheering and yelling.

“Jack, what time is it?” Rian hugged me one last time, looking at the boys.

“Almost eight.”

I looked at Alex as the June wind brushed my dress forward. They had to be back at the studio by eight thirty. They were heading into New York to play at some club for a few days.

Alex pressed his lips against mine, “I love you, Hailee.”

“I love you too.”

“When will you be back?” Adam shifted onto one foot, looking up at Alex and Jack.

“A few days, don’t worry,” Zack answered for them, having been able to feel less guilty with Adam’s puppy eyes.

As the time dragged on, I drove the boys to the studio, kissing Alex good bye and wishing them luck. The Friday night life was beginning to show itself, as Adam and I drove through the city.

“Well, bubs,” I looked at him through the rearview mirror, “it’s Friday night. What movie should we get?”

“Finding Nemo,” he smiled at me.

This was a perfect end to a faultless day. My mom didn’t show up to the graduation, nor tried to. She left a note on the fridge with a fifty dollar bill, however.

Hailee,

Life has its unforeseen moments, sometimes. I know I wasn’t there for you, when you probably needed me most, but I love you. I love Adam, as well.

You can stay at the house for however long you need to. Congratulations on getting the acceptance letter, as well. I’ve never been so proud of anyone before. Your father would be proud astounded.

Mom
♠ ♠ ♠
:) How do you like the last chapter?

Thank you to all of my readers, commenters and subscribers. Be sure to look out for the sequel, which I may post sometime this week. If you want an private message of when the sequel is posted, just comment this or comment my profile. :)

Since you were all such good readers, I think you deserve this:
Image