Status: Back&Ready =D .

She's Just The White Envelope Girl

Just Let Me Start Again 'Cause It Feels Like a Nightmare to Me

Rosalie’s POV

“So, yeah,” I said, sniffing.

“But, you can’t, Rosalie,” Ash pleaded.

“I know, but I have to. They didn’t give me a choice. My mom was happy that I would get to spend quality time with,” I took a deep breathe before saying it, “my dad.”

“After what he had done to you, you can’t trust him at all.”

“I know,” I said. “I also know it’s going to be the worst week of my life.”

He looked at my sympathetically. “I wish you didn’t have to go,” he said, grabbing my hand.

“Me too,” I said, my eyes on the ground.

“So, a whole week without you, how am I going to survive?” he playfully said, winking.

I couldn’t help smiling at him. “Oh, you’ll survive. But, what about me? I need somebody to tell me dumb jokes to keep me from going insane.”

He looked offended. “My jokes are not dumb, okay?” he said, pretending to be mad. “Anyways, you like them. No, wait, you love them.”

I rolled my eyes. “You caught me. I love your dumb jokes, Ash.” He smiled. “It’s getting late,” I said, looking at the sky. “I have to go inside and pack. I leave tomorrow.”

He sighed. “I’ll come by tomorrow and say bye, okay?”

I nodded. “Sure,” I said, feeling sad.

Spending Spring Break with my dad was going to be horrible. My dad had came to surprise my mom and me with a short visit and a great—not really—idea. He was being really nice to me, but I didn’t believe him. But, my mom believed him. She looked so happy, happier than I’ve seen her. It was like she fell in love with him all over again. It made me sick yet sad. She’ll never see how he really is.

She was still in love with a horrible person.

○ ○

“Well, we’re here,” my dad announced, stopping the car.

I looked out the window and there was a big green house—yes, green, a really bright green. It stood out from all the other houses. All the other houses were white or brown, while this one was green. Okay, I know I was making a big deal about the house being green but still…it was green.

“Are you going to get out?” my dad said, interrupting my thoughts about the green house.

“Yeah,” I said, getting out the car, getting another good look at the house—the green house.

He grabbed my stuff and started walking towards the front door. “C’mon.”

When we finally got inside, he turned to look at me and made a real big fake smile. “This is my house. Your room is upstairs, the third one on the right,” he said, pointing toward the stairway. “You can get settled until Laney gets here.”

“Ok, I guess,” I said, guessing that Laney was his wife.

Like he told me, I went to my bedroom. It was big and empty. The only things in the room were a dresser and a bed. I sighed and sat on the bed.

Well this is going to be fun, I thought.

○ ○

“Rosalie, come down here!” my dad yelled.

As I took my sweet time walking there, I knew what was going to happen. He was going to introduce me to his wife. It was a scary feeling for me.

“Rosalie, this is Laney,” my dad said when I finally reached them. I looked at her. And then I realized she looked too nice to be with someone like my dad.

“Hi, there. It’s nice to meet you.” She smiled, making me relax a bit. “Your dad told me a lot about you. I have been dying to meet you.”

I looked at her in shock. I didn’t know my dad had talked about me. And, it seemed like he said good things. “Um, that’s nice. I wanted to meet you too,” I replied awkwardly, hoping that was the right thing to say.

She happily looked ay my dad and then at me. “Well, I should get dinner ready.”

After they showed me around their big house, and we finished dinner, it was already late. While Laney and my dad went to bed, I stayed awake. I really couldn’t believe this was happening. It was all so sudden. And, it just made me feel…scared? Lost? Nervous? I couldn’t find the word.

I got my phone and looked for a particular name, clicking Call.

“Hello?”

“Ash,” I said into the phone. “I know it’s late but…I need to talk to somebody.”

“I don’t mind, Rosalie. I’m not sleepy,” he said. “So, how’s it going?”

I sighed. “It’s different, I guess. Nothing bad has happened…yet.”

“Don’t say that. Nothing will probably go wrong. Trust me.”

I wanted to trust him but I couldn’t. I was just too hard. “Okay,” I lied. “But, other than that, everything else is fine.”

“Like what?”

“Well, his wife Laney is really nice. She didn’t make me feel really awkward like I thought she would. They have two other kids, but I think they’re at their grandparent’s house or something.”

“Oh, so you have half siblings?” he asked.

“Yep,” I said. We talked for another five minutes and then we got to the topic about the house.

“Wait,” Ash said, confused. “The house is green?”

“Yes,” I said, like it was the billionth time. “Like, really, really bright green. I’m not even kidding.”

He laughed, and I could see him rolling his eyes at me. “Bright green? And, why does this upset you?”

“Because! No person would have a bright green house or someone like my dad. It’s just not normal.”

“Oh, Rosalie, you are a special one.” By the sound of his voice, I knew he was smiling and that made me smile.

We talked until we knew it we had to get off.

“Night, Ash,” I sleepy said into the phone.

“Night, Rosalie,” he said too but I knew he was going to say more. “Rosalie?”

“Yeah?”

“Um…” he hesitantly said. “Can you bring me some cheese? I heard the cheese over there is really good.”

“Okay,” I said, confused by what he said. “Goodnight, Ash.”

“Night, Rosalie,” he said quickly then hung up.

I knew that wasn’t what he was going to say. I wanted to know what he was going to say and why he was so hesitant. I sighed. Maybe I’m not supposed to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
I bet y'all's reaction to me updating is like this:
Image
Or
Image
OR
Image
Haha xD
Anyways, sorry for the really long wait. Whenever I tried to write something, it didn't work, which sucked >.> And, the chapter is probably not too good and it might be really boring. Bleh. I'm hoping the next chapter might be better.
Okay, so i'll stop rambling.
Comment? :D
Title Credit: Start Over by Andrew Landon
Oh, I have nothing against green houses ;D