Status: inactive

Mistake + Inheritance = Love?

A Sudden Encounter

Chapter 1
A Sudden Encounter

"Khaye, wake up! Wake up!"

"Argh...Hee Jin stop bothering me....."

Huh? That's weird, why is Hee Jin calling me? Oh no... Don't tell me...

"Miss Kaleigh Shin Aunnecka Campbell! Are you insulting me? Why are you sleeping in my class!?"

Okay, relax I must act like I didn't slept. But it's too late; Mrs. Chou was already standing furiously in front of me! Crap, I felt so humiliated! I started to hear some giggles from my classmates.

"Miss Campbell, explain why you just fallen asleep during my class discussions!"

"I'm sorry ma’am, Uhm...It's because..."

Oh! Why am I nervous? Wait, is this my first time? No? Yes? Gosh! Never mind, it doesn't matter. Why can't I just spill it?

Suddenly the bell rang...Phew! I was saved by the bell. That was closed! But still her scary eyes were on me.

"Meet me at the Guidance Office after lunch break, understood?"

"Yes, Mrs. Chou!"

I replied her hurriedly. Then she left the room and slammed the glass door. Thank God it didn't break. Oh! I really felt so stupid. My classmates couldn't resist staring at me. I knew from the start that they don't like me, so what I don't like them either.
Why am I doing this? I only get free school fess because of my scholarship and the opportunity given might be lost in a flash! Tears from my eyes were about to fall, then someone tapped my shoulder. It's my best friend “Miss Beauty and Brains," Song Hee Jin.

"Hey, Khaye it's alright... Maybe she just felt very insulted because, you know. You just fall asleep in her class."

I just gave her a sigh and a faked smile.

"Girl, don't be upset, don't worry I will go with you in the Guidance Office. Okay?"

"Song Hee Jin, are you really sure about that? You can't take back it anymore.."

"Yeah Khaye I won't take it..."

Before she could say something, I already gave her a hug. I'm lucky to have her. Actually she's my first cousin. When my parents died 10 years ago, her very nice mother adopted me and brought me here in Seoul, Korea. According to them I have no relatives anymore in Canada. And even though I'm a half Canadian girl they treated me as one of their own.

(Flash back)

I really cried so hard, I was just 7 years old when my parents died in a plane crashed. Aunt Song You-Lin, my mother's younger sister tried to comfort me. But still it didn't worked. They seem to be stranger to me because it's my first time to see them, they just fresh from Korea.

I thought my world would be so doomed because of the tragic incident. But someone lightened it up. Aunt Lin's very angelic daughter, Song Hee Jin. She's like a doll, very rare and delicate.

"Hee Jin, meet your cousin Khaye. Be nice to her she just lost her parents."

"I will mom. Hi Khaye, I'm Hee Jin do you wanna help me color this picture?"

She was talking about the pink coloring book. I still didn't answer her but she grabbed my hand and we sat in the big round table. We started to chat a bit. And it was the beginning of our true friendship. She said, she knew how I felt because her father died also last year.

(Present)

Hee Jin gave me a snap.

“Come on girl! I'm starving let's eat our lunch."

“Uh-Okay."

We started to fall in line in order to buy our foods. The place was crowded and I could hear the noise of the students laughing and chatting. I really love the Italian Style of our dining quarters, perfectly fit for Korea's number 1 elite school.

“What’s your order ma’am?" Said the very nice canteen lady.

“Uhm, I want jumbo burger with triple beef patty, rice cakes with kimbap and don't forget the big sized ice tea."

The lady gave me a very curious look. Maybe she thought that I can't finish all the food I
ordered. Let's see I will definitely prove her wrong!

“Whoa! Khaye are you sure you can finish it all?"

Hee Jin gave me a surprise look.

“Yeah! I'm depressed so I need to eat."

“Ma’am here's your order, 120 won."

“Thank you!"

I paid my bill and got my food. Seconds later I gave my best friend a signal. I'm pointing to an empty table, meaning I need to go there before anyone else can.

“Okay, go on." She said.

She followed me after she got her order. Our atmosphere remained silent and she seems to be worried about me. I was about to say something but a big tomato slice was trapped in my throat. I was choked! She hurriedly opens the big bottle of ice tea and lifts me to drink it.
Ah... At last I felt alright.

“Thank you, I felt better now.”

“Are you sure? See that’s what you get, eat slowly okay?’

“Sure, thanks for the concern.”

“Anyway, why did you fall asleep? Did you sleep late last night?”

“Kinda..?

“Why?”

“It’s because I’ve watched a very nice movie last night. Lee Min Ho, Koo Hye Sun, Kim So Eun and Kim Bum were the actors and actresses. I’m one of their fan that’s why I can’t afford to miss it.”

“Just... just don’t forget to study okay? Remember were here because of a scholarship.”

“Yeah, I won’t forget that.”

Then she grabbed my hand.

“Let’s go.”

“Go? Where?”

“Did you forget? You must go to the guidance office today.”

“Oh, yeah! Thanks for reminding me...”

We happily chatted in the lobby while were on our way to the Guidance Office, talking about my experience yesterday in my cello recital. Just then a tall lady wearing eye glasses and has a blue coat called Hee Jin. She’s Miss Young our school librarian. I admit that Hee Jin is smarter than me that’s why she only asked help to her. Well a big thanks to Miss Young, I have now no accompany in the Guidance Office.

I was walking all by myself heading towards the Office. Everybody seems busy. And then it hit me! Argh!!! I almost forgot the School’s Winter Festival is fast approaching! I continued to walk and it happened that I passed by in the Music room. I heard a very soothing melody of a piano piece. I heard many piano pieces before but this one is different. The door was partially opened so I decided to catch a glimpse to the person who’s playing the instrument.

And there I saw a very handsome guy with a curly hair; he had a pure shade of hazel brown eyes, tedious and red lips---close to perfection. He seems to be innocent and he really played the attractive melody with passion. It’s feels like heaven. I don’t understand the moment I saw Him my heart beat really faster. . Am I dreaming? I’m not sleeping right? Wait, sleeping huh? Yeah I nearly forgot! I have an appointment to Mrs. Chou in the guidance office.

I was about to leave the area but because of my carelessness I hit the vase in the table near the door. Oh my! It felt down and what can I do? The vase was broken. I should clean this up. I started to pick the broken pieces but the handsome guy realized that he was not alone in the room.

“Who’s that? Anybody there?”

He looked left and right. He started searching. Oh no! He was nearly before me!
What should I do? I…. CAN’T MOVE.....
♠ ♠ ♠
please leave some comments. thank you. ^_^