Status: Requested One-Shot :D

Baby Blue Eyes

Chapter 1

I looked myself in the mirror, my hair falling in my eyes. She doesn’t like it when it does that, so I’ve spent a half hour trying to fix it, but it doesn’t work.

Aaliyah expected perfection from me, and I can’t give it to her. Nobody can. Which is why I’m just not going to put up with it. If she doesn’t like all of my imperfections, then she can leave me, that is, if I don’t leave her first.

I sported a tight black beater and tan cargo shorts with flip flops. She wanted me to dress nicely, wearing my black skinny jeans, white shirt and black suit vest. I’d rather be comfortable than sweating. It’s summer, for crying out loud.

I reserved a table for two at an outdoor restaurant on a beach nearby. The scenery is beautiful, and the sound of the ocean is really relaxing. Hopefully that does something to make tonight a little better.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket. I looked at the clock, seeing that it was exactly 6:30. She’s right on time, as always.

“Hello?” I answer.

“I’m ready, I’ll expect you at 7.” She said.

“I’ll be the-”

She hung up before I could finish my sentence. I sighed, shut my phone, and walked out of my bathroom. I could already tell this was going to be a hellish night.

“Was that Ally?” Shannon asked from the kitchen.

“Yup. I have to be there at 7, no earlier, no later.” I said in a mocking voice. My brother didn’t like her anymore than I do.

“Sounds like her. Shouldn’t you be in something more formal? Didn’t she tell you that?” He pointed out, coming out of the kitchen with a sandwich and a Smirnoff.

“She did, but I’m probably going to dump her tonight. I can’t handle all this perfection shit. If she can’t accept me for my flaws and not bring them up every time we’re together, then I can’t be with her.”

“Thank you!” Shannon said, throwing his hands in the air, acting like he just saw the messiah. “And it only took you, what, 4 months to figure this out?”

“Shut up.” I said, looking at the clock. “I have to go. I’ll see you later.”

Shannon waved as I went out the door and hurried to the car, backing out of the driveway and going to Aaliyah’s house. I got there two minutes early, so I sat in my car until 6:59, then going to her door. I knocked twice before she opened it. It’s not very promising when your girlfriend opens the door and the first look you receive is a glare. She looked stunning, nonetheless. She sported her usual little black dress with stilettos, and her long brown hair was in gentle curls going down her back and framing her face.

“I told you to dress nice.” She said stubbornly.

“All my clothes were dirty.” I lied in a monotonous voice.

“You’ve known about this for a week, you’re the one who told me.” She argued.

“I forgot.” I said simply, shrugging my shoulders. “Are you ready or not, Ally? The reservation is for 7:30.”

“Yes, Jared, I’m ready. Lets go.” She said, her tone snotty.

I rolled my eyes when I walked behind her. I’m definitely not going to miss this. She got into the car before I did and stared at me impatiently. I got into the car and she sighed. The drive there was silent, leaving to me and my thoughts.

How did I end up falling for this girl? Has she always been like this? She had to have put on an act to reel me in, that has to be it.

I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car, going to Aaliyah’s side and opening the door for her.

“Thanks.” She said in an attempt to be polite.

We walked to the counter of the outdoor restaurant and the waitress escorted us to our table.

“Hi, my name is Patricia, and I’ll be your waitress for this evening. Can I start you off with something to drink?”

I looked up at her and almost forgot to breathe.

She was average height, slim, but not stick thin. Her blonde hair came just below her shoulders, straight. Her eyes were as blue as mine, and for the first time, I realized what it was like to be under that intense of a stare. Her smile was kind, and she seemed like she would have a really bubbly personality. I smiled at her and inhaled as I was about to tell her what I wanted to drink.

“I’ll have a Coke, but only 5 ice cubes, no more, no less. I will be counting.” Ally said.

Patricia winced a little at her harshness. “And for you?”

I cleared my throat. “I’ll just have water, thank you.” I smiled, and she returned the favor.

“Alright, I’ll bring those out to you right away.” She said, walking away with a slight bounce in her step.

I waited until she walked away to speak to Aaliyah. “What the hell is your problem?”

She scoffed. “Excuse me?”

“You can’t just talk to people like that, you know how rude it is?” I asked, keeping my voice down, the wind picking up slightly.

“I just know how to get what I want.” She said, blowing me off completely.

I leaned back in my chair, in complete awe. “Wow. Are you completely heartless? Are you? Because it sure fucking seems like it.”

She stared at me, her mouth open in shock, about to say something, until Patricia came back.

“Alright, I have your Coke with five ice cubes,” She handed Ally her drink, Ally counting the ice cubes. Patricia rolled her eyes at her when she looked over at me, and I laughed a little bit. “And here’s your water. Are you two ready to order?”

“I’ll have the Caesar salad with no croutons and the dressing on the side.” Ally said, looking at her fingernails.

Patricia wrote on her little notepad. “And you?” She looked at me.

I rested my chin in my palm and looked up at her. “I don’t know, what would you recommend?” I asked, giving her a lazy smile.

I saw her cheeks turn red, which made my smile get even bigger. I could just feel Aaliyah’s glare, but I don’t care.

“Um, well we have our all you can eat fish fry going on right now.” She said, sounding like she was going to stumble over her words at any moment.

“Would you get that if you were in my position right now?” I asked, looking into her ocean blue eyes.

She nodded. “I would, it’s my favorite thing here.”

“Then that’s perfect.” I said, handing her my menu. She stepped to grab Ally’s and walked away towards the kitchen.

I turned around and she was slouching in her chair, pouting, looking like a five year old on punishment. So immature. She sat up and got out of her chair and said, “I have to use the bathroom,” then stalking off towards the restrooms.

I sighed and looked around, seeing Patricia leaning against a wall, her cheeks still slightly flushed, a smile on her face. She caught my gaze, and I waved her over.

“What can I do for you, sir?” She asked politely.

“Call me Jared.” I said, smiling at her. “And all you have to do is give me your number so I can take you out sometime.”

“B-but you’re t-taken.” She stuttered, laughing nervously.

“I’m not going to be by tomorrow.” I smirked, pulling a pen out of my shorts pocket, writing down my number, handing it to her. “Now make it a fair exchange?” I asked.

“You’re not breaking up with her because of me, are you?” She asked, getting self conscious.

“No, no, no. Of course not. I’ve been planning this for a while. You just happened to fall into my life at the perfect time.” I said, grabbing her hand, squeezing it between both of mine, kissing her knuckles, looking at her through my hair.

She smiled and flushed a deep red, covering one side of her face with her free hand. She then pulled her hand out of my grasp and grabbed her pen, scribbling something down on one of her order forms, tearing it off and handing it to me, smiling.

“I’ll be calling.” I said before she walked away.

“I’ll be waiting.” She said, turning her back to me and walking towards another table she was waiting on.

She walked away at the perfect time; Ally came back to the table and scoffed. “The food still isn’t here? It was just a fricken salad for God’s sake.”

“My god, Aaliyah, shut your mouth.” I said, rolling my eyes.

She glared at me. “What?”

“You heard me. You’re so whiny and bitchy, always expecting everything you want to fall into your lap. You want everything perfect, just to your liking. One fault, one imperfection, and you despise it. And honestly, Ally, I can’t take it anymore. I’m tired of trying to please you. I obviously can’t meet your standards, so why try?” I said, finally letting all my emotions towards her out. It felt so good to let all of that go.

“Are you breaking up with me?” She asked in a shrill, screechy voice, earning the attention from all the other people in the restaurant.

“Yes, Aaliyah, I’m breaking up with you. It’s not that hard of a concept to understand. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a new interest to focus on.” I got out of my chair and went back towards the kitchen, leaving Ally speechless and alone. Good. She deserves every bit of it.

Right as I got to the kitchen doors, Patricia came out with our food.

“Oh! Jared! What are you doing back here?” She said, slightly startled.

“Telling you that Aaliyah doesn’t need her food, but inviting you to sit and enjoy it with me.” I said, smiling, helping her with the tray she was carrying.

“I-I really can’t-” She said.

“I think you can. Fifteen minutes, tops.” I gave her slight puppy eyes.

She looked back towards the kitchen and sighed, smiling. “Alright, fifteen minutes.”

I grabbed my plate and she grabbed Ally’s, leaving the tray on top of the others, walking with me to sit at our table. Patricia ended up not liking the salad without croutons, so we shared my plate of fish and ended up talking for an hour. I didn’t mention anything about the passing time, since we were having such a good time.

Patricia looked at her watch. “Oh my gosh! I’m way over fifteen minutes. My boss is going to kill me.”

“Don’t worry about him, he’ll get over it. When is your shift over?” I asked, grabbing her hands over the table.

She blushed, smiling, looking away. “Now.”

“Do you want to get a coffee with me? Maybe walk on the beach for a little while?” I offered, not wanting this night to end.

She looked at me, a warm, sweet look on her face. “I’d like that, a lot.”
♠ ♠ ♠
For BlueDreams ^_^
<3