Hematomania

Chapter Four

I woke up, with my head pounding and disconnected images in my head, of the man from the bar attacking me, and then Damian coming to to rescue. I wrote it of as a strange dream and a hangover.

Swinging my legs over the edge of my bed and look down at an old pair of trackies, not being able to recall changing, or even getting home for that matter. How much did I drink last night?

I stand and the throbbing in my head escalates to a hammering, and the walls begin to sway. Just as the floor begins to rise to meet me, I feel someone catch me and place me back on the bed.

I'm in too much pain to even care who it is, I just hope they're friendly. "Panadol" I mumble. I hear whoever it is reach over to the bedside table pop two tables out of the packet sounding as if it was being projected through a 100 watt amp that was installed in my ear.

I'm pulled into a sitting position and given the tables and a drink of water. I take them then fall back into my bed and fall asleep again.

----------

I wake many hours later, the pain considerably better. I lay there for a minute with images of the strange dream resurface.

I takes me a while, but I remember that I have company. I sit up slowly and look around, before I lay my eyes on Damian sitting on the bed next to me.

Then it occurs that the images weren't a dream. I can't recall much other almost getting raped and them being saved by Damian then his, "you're safe.. from everyone other than me" what is that supposed to mean.

Before I ask I think maybe I should ask some simpler questions.

"What happened?"

"You were almost raped by some old man from the club," He answers, "lucky I decided to walk home when I did" he smiled

"Are you sure 'you' weren't following me with the same intention?"

He laughs "No I actually live next door."

"Wait how did you know I lived here?"

"I saw you leave for the club" he said

"So you didn't think of, I don't know mentioning it to me before, I left alone and defenceless?" I asked "maybe this whole thing could've been avoided"

"I didn't really trust myself to be alone with you"

"So you did have the same intention as that man?"

He laughs it off again "No" his face turns serious "How much to you remember of last night?"

"I remember him attacting me, then you pulling him off me.. and then you picking me up and telling me I was safe" I answer only leaving out one fact, figuring that there seems to be pieces missing, so it could be my brain trying to make stuff up to scare me.

"Anything else?"

"Uhh" I think wanting to not lye to him "You said something else after you told me i was safe, but I couldn't really make sense of it" I answer truthfully.

"Are you sure?" he asks, as if he told me the world secrets and he doesn't want to repeat them

"I'm sure" I say "Why is there something important I'm forgetting?"

I can see a glint in his eyes there's something but he just simply answers "no" and the glints gone, leaving me wondering if I imagined it. "I guess under the circumstances you could have forgotten a lot more, with the shock, alcohol and concussion."

"Hmm" I nod feeling hungry, while i hear my stomach's cry confirming that feeling

"Want me to order a pizza?" Damian asks

"No," I say "You've done more then enough, thank you though, but I'm sure you have other things to get to"

"Hmm. I guess I should probably get to unpacking those boxes." He looks at me with intense worry for someone who just met me "If you need me I'm next door, on the right." He gets up grabs my phone from a cluttered desk chucks it at the end of my bed and shows himself out.

In a strange way I'm feel both scared and safe with him gone. How can that even work, it's one or the other, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever but I had writers block then year 12 (senior year) started and everything is so cray cray.
But here have a update.