‹ Prequel: You Should Know
Status: Slowly active.

Letting Go

Her Words Destroyed My Planet

“I want to break up, Alex.”

Your back is turned when you say it, as if avoiding the temptation to look at me.

“You’re joking,” I state in disbelief, turning you back around to face me.

I want it to be a joke.

You only look at me sadly, tucking a strand of dark, wavy hair behind your ear.

“This isn’t funny,” I start to ramble, but the look in your eyes tells me I know your sense of humor well enough that this isn’t your idea of joke.

It’s too cruel.

“What did I do?” You shake your head again, unresponsive. “I can change, I can fix it if you tell me what it is.”

“It’s not something that can be fixed,” you insist, closing your eyes as a tear escapes the corner of one.

“Why are you doing this?” I ask, a hint of panic rising in my voice. “I love you.”

“Don’t make this harder than it has to be, Alex. Please.”

“Then don’t do it,” I state simply, closing the gap between us, holding your face in my hands. “Don’t leave me, amor. Te quiero.” A sob breaks your lips as you try to pull away from me, but I don’t let you.

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“So make me understand,” I insist defiantly.

“Alex-”

I wake up in a cold sweat, jerking into an upright position.

I feel my heart’s irregular pounding calm itself down and my erratic breathing slowly returning back to normal.

I’m relieved to discover it’s only a dream.

I’m only relieved until I realize you’re not asleep next to me, and my reality is a thousand times worse than the nightmare I just had.

I’ve been dreaming about you a lot lately.

I don’t know why.

I don’t even know why I bother to sleep anymore.

It’s just a slap in the face every time I wake up.

Because I’m alone in our bed.

Because I’m alone, and you’re gone.

Because you’re gone, and you’re never coming back.

I wince as I sit up in my empty bed and pain throbs in my head.

It’s past two pm, according to the clock.

The sun hurts my eyes.

I abruptly feel bile rise in my throat and scramble the short distance from my bed to the bathroom.

I heave over the toilet until I’m done.

I used to drink for fun.

Now I do it to feel numb.

I can’t let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't stand having no chapters posted for this story, despite how busy I am with school right now.

For anyone that is bored enough to stalk me, you can find my musings here: http://twitter.com/SpreadTheRumors, I also have a music blog I constantly forget to update: http://spreadtherumors.tumblr.com/

Thank you to all my readers/commenters of the prequel, and my very first commenters: glitter and gold, Lina ;, SuckerTakesTheSaint, & inapallis.