Sequel: To Silence He Calls

Requim of a Dream

The Waking Nightmare

He stood overlooking the day. This was his domain. His friends were concerned about him. He knew that. And on one level, he could understand why. He could not control what he was though. He had changed. He had become this beast and on that other level, the thing that controlled him…he enjoyed what he did when he was this beast. He felt remorse for it later of course, when he was aware again, but until then, the beast ruled. Powerful muscles, handsome features, it was the perfect combination to lure what he wanted. This was the first time the beast had ever been able to take over during the other’s time. He rather liked it. There was power in the day. People didn’t expect him to be what he was. They only saw the other. They saw the superstar, the seducer. They didn’t see the animal caged inside of him.

“Matt!” A female’s voice drew the beast’s attention trying to speak to the human that was caged inside of him. He turned and smirked, looking the woman up and down. She was beautiful. Sexy even was the word that most would use. To him, she just looked delicious. “Hey baby, I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” She explained with a soft laugh.

I have plans for her my friend, the beast thought with a chuckle. The human let off a string of profanity that the beast couldn’t help but chuckle at. “I’ve been looking for you too baby…and I’ve been wanting you,” he promised in a husky whisper.

Don’t you dare fucking touch her! She’s mine. I won’t let you hurt her.

The beast wanted to laugh out loud. It wasn’t as if the little human could do anything. He was trapped in his own mind. It was a delusion to believe that he even had a chance against the beast. The beast was strong and had control. “C’mon babe,” the beast coaxed taking the woman’s hand. “I want to go somewhere. I need you so fucking bad it hurts.” It wondered for a moment if it could see the laughter, the evil in its eyes. Then it remembered the silly human and his aviator glasses. If it weren’t for them maybe she would be able to see. Maybe then she would know. Now she wouldn’t know until he killed her.

A blush stained her cheeks a tempting red. He wanted to lick them. That could wait. He would do that as the tears fell down her cheeks and as she begged him softly pleading and then screaming. “Matt…”

“Please baby,” he begged he kissed her softly, wanting more. She was so soft, so fragile. So weak. Her life would be so sweet to take. He could feel the human begin to struggle. It won’t work. I’m going to kill her and you’re going to watch every moment of it.

Like hell I am. I’m gonna kill you, you son of a bitch. I’m gonna fucking rip you to shreds!

The would mean killing yourself Matthew and you and I both know…you don’t have the guts, the beast hissed softly as he drew his prey along. He had no fear. His victory was eminent. He was gentle at first. Giving her what she might expect if he were the human; even as the human raged in his mind, pounding his fists against the barrier that separated him from control and victory.

The beast chuckled softly. “What is it baby?” she asked looking up at him with a smile.

He smirked down at her before slowly reaching up and pulling off the aviators. She stared in shock for a moment before she tried to scream. The beast already had his hand over her mouth. “Shh, wouldn’t want anyone to come now would we?” he asked, yellow eyes flashing. She whimpered against his hand trying to squirm away. “By the way…Matthew says hello,” he promised nibbling at her ear as she squirmed underneath him.

Get the fuck off of her! Goddammit! I’m not gonna let you have her!

You could never control this before Matt. You’ve always wanted this. Always needed this…now isn’t any different. You just can’t admit it.

The beast closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He was so high. The anticipation before making a kill was the greatest rush a person could ever feel. There was so much control. The anticipation of victory. The knowledge of absolute domination.

It was the beast that screamed as his body flew off the girl’s and hit the wall. He could hear her scream and scramble against the other wall uncertain of what to do. He had no time for her though. He was more concerned about the human whose body he was supposed to be possessing. I told you that you can’t have her you bastard.

Oh please, are we really going to go through this? The beast asked massaging its temples. You can’t win. I am every dark thought you have ever had and felt. I win. You cannot help but bow to what I will.

I don't have to, the human said drawing a skeptical gaze. Both human and beast looked through their eyes and out into the real world where the woman had slowly crept towards the prone body with its vacant brown eyes. “M-Matt…baby…pl-please…” a tear fell on the body’s cheek and the beast felt as if it had been burned. I told you. I won’t let you have her.

The beast understood and rage flowed through him. It hissed softly, the sound not quite able to escape the body’s lips. I die, you die. Remember?

The human smirked, a cocky little tilt of the lips that said he was unafraid. That’s a risk I’m willing to take.
♠ ♠ ♠
>.> What you think? Yes it is a one-shot...though I might consider doing more if there is interest from anyone.