Sequel: Love By Our Side
Status: completed

Everything's Changing Now

Image

Stephen Gomez stood smiling at his friends. Today had been a big day, probably the biggest of his 18 years yet. He heard the countdown, and on ‘one’ he ripped off his hat and threw it in the air, quickly hugging the nearest person to him, before stooping to pick up a random hat off the ground. He crookedly placed it on his head before running to meet up with his parents and brother, throwing smiles and words of congratulations to his peers. He had never been happier in his life; he finally graduated high school, his band was gaining a reputation in the local scene, and he had a beautiful girlfriend.

Sophie was always the “good girl,” rarely drinking, never getting detentions, and always looking out for her younger cousin, whose parents, along with her own, were going to Europe for the summer and sending the two girls to stay with family friends. Sophie was more than pleased about this because she would be interning at an animal shelter she had visited the previous summer while staying with the same friends. She would also have her own room with roof access so she could spend the four days a week she didn’t work rereading her enormous book collection, and she would have her own car for most of the summer because one of the kids would be away as a camp counselor. She was planning on taking random trips around Scottsdale and its surrounding areas, hoping to see things they didn’t have in Flagstaff.


Story title from Take It Slow by The Summer Set
All chapter titles from The Summer Set