Sequel: Love By Our Side
Status: completed

Everything's Changing Now

well dressed and overrated.

After he had dropped Sophie off, Stephen set off to find the perfect movie for that night. Once he arrived at Blockbuster, he realized he had no idea what Sophie liked to watch. He decided against anything involving blood, guts, and too much romance, which omitted many of his favorites. As he walked up and down the comedy aisle, he stopped in front of Wedding Crashers, one of his favorite movies. Smiling, he picked it up, figuring it had just the right amount of raunchy humor for the night not to be considered a date.

Stephen liked Sophie, but he wasn’t sure if the feelings were reciprocated, or if he was ready to start dating again so soon. He wanted to leave the summer open with no commitments other than his band, and to not tie anyone down as he felt he did with Leigh. He walked to the counter to pay for the movie, grabbing a 2 liter of Coke and a bucket of theater-style popcorn, what he felt was an appropriate follow-up to French toast.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Delaney! Can you come here for a sec? I need your help,” Sophie called to her cousin, who stumbled into her room. “It’s 2 in the afternoon, and you were still sleeping?”

“Ugh, I have the worst hangover, and I woke up like a half hour ago! I was just lying in bed,” Delaney tried to defend herself. “Oh yeah, who was the kid I was kissing last night? I didn’t do anything but kiss him, right?”

“You were with John the whole night, and you didn’t do anything more than kiss because neither of you were coherent enough. I’m sure if we had not left when we did more would have gone on,” replied Sophie, laughing.

“Shit, one night here and I’ve already shown my bad side. Oh well, from what I can remember he was a pretty good kisser,” Delaney shrugged. “Maybe this summer isn’t gonna be so bad after all. Anyways, what do ya need me for?”

“I had breakfast with Stephen this morning, and-“

“Wait! You went out with him?! Without telling me?! What kind of cousin are you!” Delaney exclaimed, cutting off Sophie.

“Uh, in case you forgot two minutes ago, but you were passed out. Anyways, we just went out for breakfast, he took me to this place and I bet him that I could make better French toast than what we ate, so I’m going over to his house tonight to cook and watch a movie,” Sophie finished.

“You have a date! A real date! Wait, he asked you, right?” Delaney asked, and received her answer as a nod. “Aha! It is a date! Oh, this is so exciting! We have to get you all dolled up-“

“Woah, slow down! It’s not a date, we’re just hanging out. I just met the guy yesterday, it’s a bit too soon to say we’re dating,” Sophie said, hoping her cousin wouldn’t put up a fight and just agree with her.

“Oh no, this is a bonafide date. I can tell you like this kid a lot, and you’re seeing him twice in one day! That screams love interest,” Delaney explained.

“No, that theory screams that you’re a freak who likes to spew random words that mean nothing. Who even says “love interest?” Have you been watching our mother’s soaps?” Sophie asked with amusement in her voice.

“Whatever cuz, you’ve got it bad and you can either accept my help or I’ll force it upon you-your choice.”

“Just help me pick something to wear and shut up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, filler, it's all cool. You don't get the date quite yet, possibly not til Monday, who knows.

Take Action was amaaaaaaazing, and if you wanna read the ~epic story of my security guard rish, go to my Tumblr.

Thank you for commenting and subscribing so far, keep it up. :)