Sequel: Love By Our Side
Status: completed

Everything's Changing Now

i've got all my friends.

The next weekend, Stephen, Sophie, John, Delaney, Justin, Charis, Brian, Jess, Josh, and Taylor headed to the campground near Tuscon where the Stephen and John frequented when they were younger. They took two tents, assuming the girls would share one and the guys would cram into the other, despite arguments from Taylor that he should be allowed into the girl’s tent. The group made the two hour trip in Josh’s van, which he informed everyone not in The Summer Set would be the band’s mode of transportation if they ever got on a tour.

“That’s seeming more and more unlikely, Josh,” Taylor laughed, earning glares from the band members. “What? I’m just being honest. It’s already the middle of July!”

“All right, let’s try to not have fighting on this trip,” Jess intervened before Josh went off on Taylor.

“Instead we should talk about how it’s only couples on it,” John chuckled. “Jess and Brian, you guys are close enough to dating. And Taylor and Josh, your little half-spat shows you guys have some feelings for each other, too!” This statement earned John glares from four people, blushes from two, and laughter from the rest.

“Taylor and I don’t act like a couple!” Josh declared, trying to defend his masculinity.

“Yes, you do. I haven’t been here that long and I notice it, too,” Sophie agreed.

“You can’t say anything, you still won’t admit that you and Stephen are together!” Josh retorted while Stephen punched him. “Hey, I’m driving! You guys can’t deny it, you’re in love.” Stephen continued to glare at Josh while Sophie laughed and blushed. The seemingly relentless teasing affected her less each day.

“See? I told you he likes you, that proves it,” Charis whispered to Sophie.

“Yeah I guess so, or he could hate me and be offended,” Sophie replied as Charis rolled her eyes.

“Tonight, you gotta pull him away and tell him how you feel. If you don’t do it now, it won’t happen.” Charis suggested.

“That’s too soon, we’re gonna be here for two more days, I’ll think of something for just us two to do. Promise.” Sophie said, holding out her pinky. Charis accepted the promise and smiled.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Please tell me someone brought alcohol,” Taylor groaned.

“Of course! Not enough for us to drink all the time, but enough,” Justin laughed, breaking out handles of vodka and shot glasses.

“Perfect way to start the evening!” Josh laughed, grabbing a glass and filling it with the clear liquid.

“Is there anything but hard liquor?” Sophie asked, and was answered by Justin's finger pointing to case of beer and six packs of wine coolers. “Bet ya got those just for me, right?” she laughed, taking a berry wine cooler.

The group set up the tents, chairs, and fire pit in an hour before settling down to eat. They broke out ingredients for s’mores, chips, and more alcohol before choosing their chairs and starting the fire. Random conversations were brought up, stories were told, and eventually a guitar was brought out and a drunken sing along started. By midnight, everyone was exhausted and went to their respective tents, thoughts of the next day exciting all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dunno how often I'll get chapters out from now til Tuesday, I'm super busy and have to head up to my college for next year to pick classes and for a French scholarship competition. Let's all hope I get that $20,000 so I can go away next year, eh?