Sequel: Love By Our Side
Status: completed

Everything's Changing Now

never gonna be as young as we are tonight.

“Do you see that?” Delaney shrieked at John, motioning towards her cousin and Stephen. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the two kissing in front of her. “They’ve been bullshitting all of us this whole time!”

“How do you know it’s not just because they’re drunk?” John said, trying to defend Sophie and Stephen.

“That doesn’t look like a “just because” kiss. I’m going over there,” Delaney stated, making her way towards the couch. “I see you two are comfortable.” Sophie quickly pulled away from Stephen at the sound of her cousin’s voice. She had a dumbfounded look on her face and Stephen, once he saw Delaney, mirrored her.

“I, uh, we, I mean, hi?” Sophie stammered, standing up unsuccessfully and landing on her backside on the floor. “There’s nothing going on between us, by the way. That was for…fun?”

“Hah okay, if you say so cuz. I don’t believe you and I doubt anyone else who just saw you two does either. Now that’s this is out in the open, you’re free to continue. Just tell me the truth next time you swear you’re not dating someone,” Delaney laughed as she walked away. John just shrugged to the two and followed Delaney back up the stairs, who was no doubt about to find the rest of the group and report her findings.

“Sorry about that…” Sophie mumbled, picking herself up off the ground and settling back onto the couch.

“It’s not your fault, and there’s nothing to apologize for. This was bound to happen sometime, we just needed some liquid confidence to help us out,” Stephen smiled. “Ready to face the guys and the teasing that’ll happen?”

“No, but I’m sure the alcohol will help me, at least tonight,” Sophie laughed, sliding into Stephen’s arm that was resting on the back of the couch. He tightened his grip on her and they watched the rest of the drunken singers take their turn at karaoke. After a few songs, they felt someone jump onto the couch with them.

“So you guys are official now, I hear,” Josh smirked, slurring every word. He was obviously more drunk that anyone standing in the room, and God only knew the activities going on upstairs.

“You heard wrong, sorry. It’s not nice to spread rumors, ya know,” Stephen said bluntly, looking Josh in the eye.

“Wha-I don’t think the only two sober people at this party would lie about something like that,” Josh stuttered, trying to defend himself. “I’m sticking with what they said, and they said you’re a couple.”

“Think what you want bro, I’m telling you it’s not true,” Stephen said.

“Whatever, I’m not gonna argue with you. I left an intense game of six cup and I need to get back,” Josh replied, defeated. Stephen and Sophie both burst out laughing once he was out of sight.

“So I guess it’s only fair to ask, are we ever going to be official?” Sophie questioned, looking up at Stephen.

“What do you think we are now? We’ve been found out and forced to go public,” Stephen responded.

“I don’t know what we are now, that’s why I’m asking you,” Sophie laughed, though she was getting annoyed.

“We are whatever you want us to be. I’m fine with continuing as we are now, though I could always go for more of this kissing thing,” Stephen joked, not sensing Sophie’s annoyance.

“Fine, I’ll ask. Stephen, will you be my boyfriend?” Stephen looked at Sophie, then looked straight ahead as if thinking.

“Lemme think about it for a sec-“ he started, before being hit in the arm by Sophie. “Yes, I’d love to. Are you happy now?” he jokingly asked before leaning down to pull her into another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah there ya go.

You'll probably want to check this out. :)