Status: Updates: Comming Soon!

Shh, Just Go With It

Hello Pittsburgh

October 12, 12:30 am
Oh this is typical. Annie has left me at the club to go off with some hockey player. I should have expected that when she told me she wanted to go out tonight. Normally I wouldn't mind and I would just take a bus back to our apartment. But this isn't Boston. This is Pittsburgh, and I have no idea where I am or where our apartment is.

Two minutes later
Walking on the sidewalk outside of the club. There are a bunch of drunk people out here. Oh god, how am I ever going to get home?

"Oh my god, Evie Wheeler is that you?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around. It was Caroline Green, who I had gone to high school with in Minnesota.

I hated her. She had dated my brother Blake, and cheated on him multiple times. She was also one of those girls that thought every single boy adored her.

"Hi. What are you doing here in Pittsburgh?" I said trying to act cheerful.

"Oh, I'm here with my boyfriend Alex Goligoski. He's a hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins." She said almost bragging.

"That's nice." I said forcing a smile.

She looked me up and down. "Oh are you here alone? Where's your brother? Doesn't he play for Boston now?"

"Yes, he plays for Boston, and..." I had to think of something fast. She couldn't see that I was alone. I hadn't exactly had a serious boyfriend before, and while Caroline was dating my brother she would make fun of me for it. I looked over at a group of guys and I saw one dark hair and a bit of facial scruff laughing and shooting his hands like they were guns. Okay he looks like someone fun. Maybe.. "...I'm not here alone. I'm here with my boyfriend as well."

She gave me a look. "You have a boyfriend?" I could tell she didn't believe me. "Where is then?"

I looked over to where the guys were standing. I then saw the guys way goodbye and walking away. Leaving the guy with the facial scruff alone. "He's standing over there waiting for me."

"Max Talbot is your boyfriend?" She looked at me again like she didn't believe me.

"Yeah." I said nodding and putting on an innocent smile.

"Prove it."

One minute later
Damny damn damn. Walking over to the Max Talbot guy who was my pretend boyfriend. It was just my luck that she knew who the guy was.

"Hi, can you pretend to be my boyfriend for 5 mins?" I said quickly

Max Talbot looked over at me. "Uh... What?"

"Just go with it."

Not even allowing him to answer, I reached up and kissed him squared on the mouth. I got no response from him at first, but then after a few seconds he put his arms around me. I then quickly let go and looked over at Caroline, and smiled.

She looked at me with her eyebrows raised, and then walked back inside the club.

"So.. um. What was that?" I heard Max say behind me.

I turned around "Yeah... Sorry. I needed you to pretend to be my boyfriend to get that bitch off my back."

"Oh, I see." He said.

"Well I must be off, I have to get home somehow" I said starting to walk away.

"Wait!" He said. "Can't I know your name?"

I turned around. "I'm Evie Wheeler." I then continued walking away.

"Wait! Geez! Don't you want to know my name?" he said grabbing my arm.

"You're Max Talbot. Caroline told me." I really just wanted to get home now.

"Well can't I atleast take you home or something?" he asked.

"You can't. I don't even know where I live."

He looked at me funny. "Are you that drunk?"

"No, I just moved to Pittsburgh to stay with my friend, who has decided to run off with a hockey player." I said sighing.

"Well come on, I'll take you back to my place." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me along.

Well hellooo Pittsburgh!