Status: Updates: Comming Soon!

Shh, Just Go With It

Oh goddy god, how do I get myself into things?

8:26 am
Frantic call from Annie.

"Have you any idea how worried I have been? Where are you? What happened? You could be dead in a ditch for all I know. I mean you could've called or something! How could you be so carel-"

Put the phone down. Honestly, I don't need another mom. I left mine back in Minnesota and intend to keep her there. Mmm closey eyesies, going back to sleep. I could faintly hear Annie's screaming coming from the phone.

"Evie? EVIE? Are you even listening to me? You are so careless!"

That was it, the final straw.
"Yes mum, I'm alive, no thanks to you. It's okay if you don't call me or even tell me where you're going and just leave me in the streets of Pittsburgh, but if I don't call you, all hell breaks loose. Honestly. Just chill, I'm fine. Max will bring me home later." And I hung up.

Give her a taste of her own medicine hmph. She'll get over herself. Now, back to nice sleepykins.

Two minutes later

Knock on the door.
God! I at least wanted to sleep til 10. Sigh.
"Come in."

"Hey, I'm just going to make some breakfast, are you hungry?" Max said smiling.

Just then I felt a faint pang of hunger in my tummy.

"Oh yes." I said

Max laughed, and I followed him downstairs.

In the kitchen

He began to make chocolate chip pancakes. I was so happy, and they were delicious. Mmm. Just like him... hehehe. Brain, that's a 1.

"So, Evie, um.. are you and Caroline close friends.?" Max asked nonchalantly.

I almost spit my pancake out everywhere.

"Oh Maxy, Maxy, Maxy, Maxy. No. Not all. She is the foulest thing to walk the earth. Total slime."

"Oh.. well you two were talking like you were friends last night,"

I gave him a look. "What? Not at all."

"Oh." Max said, then sighed. "Evie, I still like her a lot."

I just stared at him. "Max, don't be stupid. I could tell you stories about that girl."

"Evie... please. Help me. I need to get her back."

11:34 am.
In the car

Max is mad at me.
I'm pretty sure that giving him a black eye was going a little overboard.
I don't think the black eye is the reason he's mad at me, though.
I just can't help him. Not after what Caroline did to my brother, what I saw him go through.

I looked over at Max, his face was hard and he was gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"Max?" I said quietly.

He remained silent, and continued to stare out the windshield.

I looked down at my hands. I'm such a bitch. I wish I could make it up to him. Eh... well, I guess I could help him. Caroline already thinks we're dating... That's it! I have a plan.

"Max. Max I'm sorry for punching you. And after some consideration, I'll help you."

Max looked over at me, a smile starting to form on his face. "Really?"

I took in a deep breath and let it out. "Yes. But you have to trust me. Caroline already thinks you and I are erm.. dating."

Max looked confused. "How does she...?"

I rolled my eyes. "Because I said we were, and I kissed you and yeah."

"Ohhh." Max nodded.

"Yeah, so. Um. Let's put this plan into action. Where are we going?"

"Well, I was going to take you to Billy Guerin's, but we have practice at 12:30 and I'm sure Caroline will be there... so, you're coming with me to practice." He smiled.

"Well, okay. That will work, and that way I can go home with Billy." I said.

"Alright well let's do this!" Max said as we pulled into the the parking lot.

How do I get into these situations?
Stupid niceness.