For School

Warped Tour 2013 - true story sort of. i made a lot of crap up

I kicked my shoes off and instantly regretted it; the small, unnaturally sharp pebbles poked the pads of my bare feet, making me cringe in pain. I popped my shoes back on, giving a scowl to my best friend’s smiling face. Allena’s smirk beamed bright with arrogance.
We continued on through the hoards of standing teens, stopping by each merch tent we thought to. In the air, I smelled the heavenly scent of pizza and was thoughtlessly dragged to its tent.

We pushed our way pass several people loitering loudly to take a whiff.

“How much?” I ended up shouting over the zillion conversations going on around us. My question was directed at the hipster-wannabe standing on the other side. He glanced up, his Ray ban sunglasses inching down to the tip of his nose. His ear-length blond hair stuck to his neck in fatigue from the blazing red orb of light hanging in the sky that Tuesday afternoon in July.

“These,” – he pointed to a glob of gooey cheese plastered on a circular dish of crust. – “$2.50. That,” - he motioned next to another similar glob of cheese with specks of red pepperoni slices sprinkled carelessly around. - “Same.”
From beside me, Allena’s laugh rang out into the air as she tilted her head back. I made the thinking face. “I’ll take cheese,” I announced overzealously. She nodded from beside me.

“Me too.”

He peeled the deliciousness from its cardboard box, slumping two slices on two separate plates. We dug out our money. Mine was already damp from sitting in my back pocket for ten minutes. That’s how hot it was out here. I was already sweating up a storm.

We grabbed our plates, thanked the dude, then scampered out of the growing crowd. I was too eager to finally eat something after the two hour long drive from Troy to Cincinnati. I quickly went for my pizza, Allena doing just the same.

Allena cursed out suddenly and I knew why – the second my fingers touched the crust, they got scolded, and recoiled themselves back. Almost immediately, I felt my heart beat through to my fingertips.

I whimpered in agony but kept my eyes on the prize – food. More whimpers were let out as I courageously grabbed the pizza, inhaled deeply for mental preparation, then went in for the kill.

My tongue hated me, getting burned within seconds. I let the deafening ring of bands playing from all around be my song of determination as I braved my way through the small bite of perfection. The combination of salty cheese and crunchy crust was divine. Allena was over there laughing her butt off, but looked at me in admiration.

Downing the mouthful, I flung my free hand up into the air, a battle cry belting out.

Worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
it was supposed to be a imagery assignment. I'm apparently bad at doing all the five senses. only got like touch and sight. heh. whoops