For School

McLovin' - vanity license plate of dream car or whatever. enjoy.

“We can stop by there on the way home,” my mom suggested from the driver’s seat, shoving her mouth with French fries. I didn’t even have to think about it. I agreed right away.

“I wouldn’t hate that.”

It took us five minutes to get from McDonald’s to Ording’s. In the parking lot sat a tiny car. My mom pulled up beside it. She put the car in park, grinning. She asked me, “So…Whattcha think?”

I gave it a look, instantly transfixed on its plum exterior. The little thing had become slightly dulled by all the wear and tear it faced sitting out in the real world for whoever knows how long. I imagined taking a seat up front, the windows rolled down, the smell of the salty French fries breaking in as I thanked the cashier at the McDonald’s drive-thru. I know I'd be stopping there often.

My gaze went next for its headlights and I bit back a laugh. They were ‘eyes’. I knew from looking at it that there must’ve been a little button you pushed and the headlights would blink.

I could almost hear them click open and close. I wondered if I could make them wink at people. Imagine the laughs and gasps of shock I’d get.

That wouldn’t be the only thing others would giggle over - the wide variety of bumper stickers would be the headlights’ partner in crime. There was no organization when it came to their placement; they were even placed on the rear window. Granted, not the smartest idea, but it made me laugh.

Several of them, though, were beginning to peel off. I thought of running my hand over their raised edges, and the scraping sound they’d make.

This car was making my day. It was my dream car, I swear.

I turned my attention back to my mom and gave her my honest opinion.

“It’s adorable.”
♠ ♠ ♠
short but...it was meant to be. get off my back, woman.