I Almost Had You

2/2

“Now hurry up Astoria! We’re going to be late for breakfast!”

“I’m coming!”

I sighed. I had to get this bet with Astoria started. It has been three days already. But, I had the perfect plan! I was all ready. I had my short green and grey skirt, and my white, long sleeve button down shirt with my Slytherin tie.

“Alright, let’s go… Wait, what is with the skirt? You never wear skirts! Fingernail check!” I sighed but put my arms to my sides. My fingernails extended farther than my skirt. I planned it that way. DUH!

“Why a short skirt? What are you playing at?”

“It has been three days and Blaise hasn’t asked me out yet. I am not giving up on the bet just yet. Besides, I just had this laying around….”

Astoria gave me a weird look. I gave a fake smile and grabbed her arm. I dragged her out of the common room, and into the Great Hall. We both sat down at the Slytherin table. I sat beside Astoria and Pansy, Blaise was sitting across from me. I tried not to look up at him, but every once in a while, I couldn’t resist. Every time he looked at me I would quickly drop my gaze. By the time we had to leave for our first class I hadn’t eaten anything. But I got up anyway and exited the Great Hall. I walked down the hall until I came to Defense Against The Dark Arts. Boy was I late. I wasn’t at all thrilled about Lockhart teaching the class.

“Sup, Lockhart.”

“Nice of you to join us Miss Greengrass. Have a seat.”

I scanned. The only available seat was next to Draco, and Blaise was across the room. I groaned. “Do I have to sit with Malfoy?”

“Yes. Now SIT!”

I shuffled over to where Draco was sitting. He wasn’t all that thrilled about sitting next to me either.

“So, I hear you have a crush on Blaise. How adorable,” Draco teased.

“Just shut your big mouth Malfoy!” I snapped.

“So you’re not going to deny it?” Draco smirked.

“Of course I am not going to, every girl on Slytherin does. Face facts Draco, Blaise is just better looking than you. Too bad, so sad.”

Draco glared at me.

“Miss Greengrass, is there something you would like to share with the class?”

“No, if I was I would have stood up in front and made a big deal about it.”

“Excuse me? 50 points from Slytherin.”

I shut my mouth. The rest of the class just dragged on. But it finally did end. I nearly sprinted out the door until someone called my name. I t was Blaise.

“What was that all about, Alex? I know Lockhart can be a pain in the ass, but still, we can’t afford 50 points!”

“I’m sorry, Blaise. I am just not having a good week. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go to the library.”

“Wait!” Blaise shouted after I had already started walking away. I turned around. If it wasn’t Blaise I would have just kept walking.

“Can you meet me back at the common room, tonight. I need to ask you something.” He sounded kind of nervous.

“Sure,” I said and turned back around. I knew what he was going to ask because I could feel his eyes still on me as I walked off to the library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I handed Madam Pence my note from Snape. He had given me permission to go into the restricted section yesterday so I could do some research for my Potions essay. I had to right about the effects of an extremely dangerous love potion. Madam Pence let me look. Even in my second year, I knew the restricted section almost by heart. I began searching for a book, but I heard something from behind. I thought nothing of it until I heard some books fall. I spun around and screamed. There was the basilisk, and I had just stared directly into its eyes…
♠ ♠ ♠
I started off with it taking place in book six, but then I changed it so I could kill my character. Comments?