Until The End

Never Gonna Be Alone

I sighed loudly, and Johnny looked up from his laptop. He smiled at me in that way that I couldn't help but smile back. He picked the laptop up and set it on the end table, and he stood up. He came and sat beside me, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Something bothering you?" he asked.

I shrugged and said, "Not bothering, really. It's just on my mind."

"Well, then, what's on your mind?"

"This whole thing. The baby, the wedding. Where are we gonna live? I'm sure the guys won't want us here once the baby comes."

"Don't you worry your pretty little head off, Lissa," Johnny laughed. "I've got it handled."

I rested my head on his chest and looked down at my stomach. There was a slight bump forming, but the real fat would come in a few months. I had only just told him I was pregnant two weeks ago at Naomi and Jimmy's wedding, and we'd still been living with Matt, Zacky, and Brian. Jimmy and Naomi would be back from their first honeymoon in a week or so- first because they couldn't decide where to go, so it was Mexico now and Alaska later.

Johnny kissed the top of my head and said, "If it's a problem for them, we can always move in with my parents until we find a place. Not that I think the guys will care. You've been through a lot with us, and they love you for it."

"Not like you, though," I added with a giggle.

"Definitely not like me," Johnny replied. He touched my stomach.

I took a deep breath and held his hand. I closed my eyes, drifting in and out of sleep, until the phone rang. I opened my eyes and sat up as Johnny reached for the phone. He looked at the caller ID, and he frowned.

"It's your dad," he said.

I sighed and said, "Give it here."

He handed me the phone, and I answered it.

"Dad?" I said.

"Actually, Mom," laughed my mom. "How goes it, darling?"

"Mom! Oh, it's great! How about you?"

"Can't complain too much. Less snow than normal, so I'm happy for that. Yay, global warming!"

I shook my head and said, "So, why'd you call?"

"Wanted to know how the wedding went. Jennifer's not spilling, but I knew you would."

"It was gorgeous, Mom. Everything was perfect." I glanced at Johnny and smiled.

"Anything else happen? Anything exciting?"

I laughed. She knew already, she just wanted to hear it from me. "Well, Mom, Johnny and I are getting married."

"Ah! That's my girl! I told you it'd be him, didn't I?"

"And I've got more news."

"More? What could possibly be better than this?"

I heard Matt come crashing down the stairs, and he said, "Is that Christine?"

I laughed, "Hold on, Mom. Someone wants to talk to you."

I set the phone on speaker phone and set it on the table. I heard her laughing because she knew it was Matt that wanted to talk to her.

"Christine!" Matt said. "How's Iowa doing for you?"

"Why, hello, Matthew," my mom replied. "Iowa is nowhere near as gorgeous as Huntington, believe me."

"We've missed your cooking here," Matt said.

"Well, maybe you boys will just have to come visit me here. I'm not made of money; I can't just fly out there to fix you dinner."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Matt, go away. I gotta talk to her."

"Bye, Christine!" Matt shouted as I pushed him away.

"Good-bye, Matthew," Mom laughed. "Anyway, Lissa. What's this news?"

"How would you like to be a grandma?"

I heard my mom drop the phone, and Johnny laughed. I elbowed him gently, but I too couldn't help laughing. It was certainly a shocker for my mom, though not nearly as big as the shock I received. I heard her clear her throat.

"How?" she asked.

"I don't know," I replied. "But doctors don't lie, and neither did that piece of paper she showed me."

My mom squealed, "Oh! I can't wait! You and Johnny are going to be the perfect parents! Do you have any idea how beautiful your children are going to be?"

"And short," Johnny added to himself.

"Oh, I've got to go tell the rest of the family! Good-bye, Lissa! I love you!"

And with that, she hung up. My mom never was one for long good-byes, and I knew that. I hung up as well, and I turned to Johnny. He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead. I put my hand on top of his and smiled back at him. He made me feel so loved, and my mom was right. He was going to be the perfect dad. Certainly better than my own had been, and he wouldn't turn out to be his own father either. I sighed again, and Johnny squeezed my hand lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter up today! Told you so!

If you read this and didn't read "A Little Piece of Heaven", you might want to read that one first.

Comment!