Until The End

This Love, This Hate

When Johnny came home, I faked it. I pretended I had no idea we had gotten the house, and he was thrilled to see my expression. I suppose that, yes, it's morally wrong to lie. On the other hand, I loved seeing Johnny happy. There couldn't be anything wrong with that.

It had been about an hour, and Brian was still on the phone with Sam. I hoped they were talking about something other than how great he was. That was the last thing anyone in this house needed- Brian having his ego stroked. He was even ignoring the food Johnny had brought back.

Zacky came in and sat down with us. He pulled a wing out of the bucket of chicken, and he bit off part of it.

"Where's Brian?" he asked, his mouth full of fried chicken.

"Talking to his new thing," Jimmy said with a smile.

"He has a new thing?" Zacky replied.

"Her name's Sam," I said. "They've been talking for awhile now."

"Well, at least he's not jackin' off," Zacky mumbled.

"We don't know that," Matt said. An evil look spread across his face, and I threw a piece of chicken at him.

"Shut up, Matt," I commanded. "I'm trying to eat."

He smiled, but he didn't say anything. Brian came in a moment later.

"Speak of the manwhore!" said Johnny.

"Ladies! Gentlemen! ...Johnny," he said, earning a punch from Johnny. "I'll have you know, I have a date next week."

"Really?" said Naomi. "A date, or a booty call?"

"A date," Brian replied. "Sam is coming from San Diego to spend a weekend here."

Matt choked. "The whole weekend?" he coughed.

"Yes, the whole weekend. I thought we could all get to know her."

"You were thinking?" asked Jimmy. "Don't hurt yourself, Bri."

Brian sat down next to Johnny and said, "Say what you will, but I am willing to give a relationship a shot again. It's worked for you guys."

Naomi squeezed Jimmy's hand, and they smiled. Johnny put his arm across the back of my chair. I thought for a second. If Brian really was trying to be committed, then we shouldn't stop him. It's good for him, and I wished he and Sam would last a long time if in fact it did work out.
----------------------------------------
After dinner, Johnny and I drove to the ice cream parlor we had gone to on our first real date. We pulled up to the front, and I smiled. The fluorescent lights gleaming off the floor, and the neon sign invited us inside. We accepted the invitation, and the familiar cold atmosphere greeted us first.

I tapped the glass case of the ice cream container, pointing to the cookie dough. Johnny kissed my cheek. He had known what I'd wanted before I had to show him. We got our ice cream and, we took a seat out front, avoiding the cold air.

I rested my head on Johnny's shoulder and sighed, "I'm gonna miss this."

"What do you mean?" asked Johnny.

"After the baby comes, we'll be occupied," I replied. "We can't just up and leave anytime we want."

"Oh...I guess you're right," Johnny agreed. "I just thought we could leave her with one of the others."

"Her?"

"Sure, I'd love a daughter."

I smiled. He had already given our baby a gender, the sweet thing. I kissed him, and he smiled too.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"I love you." I took another bite of my cookie dough ice cream.

"I love you, too, Liss." He touched my stomach and kissed me. "This couldn't come fast enough."
♠ ♠ ♠
Adorable. That's what Johnny is. :D

Comment! It makes me happy!