Until The End

Her Ghost In The Fog

The basement was dark, and I had to use the wall to find my way around. I didn't want to turn the light on in case Naomi was still asleep, like I knew she was. I stopped at the bottom of the steps, hearing a slow breathing.

"Naomi," I hissed.

She groaned. "Go away."

"Naomi, come on," I said. "Johnny left, and I don't know where he went."

"Again? You gotta get a chain for that man," Naomi yawned, turning on the light next to her. "How'd you lose him?"

"I just woke up, and he was gone. Matt knows where he is, but he's not telling me."

"What time is it?" Naomi rubbed her eyes.

"Nine thirty," I said.

"Oh, he might be getting breakfast for you. Maybe he wanted to surprise you. He's sweet like that."

I smiled and said, "I never thought of that."

"How's your bed working out for you?"

"It's as comfy as the one in the store."

"That's good. Hey has Jimmy said anything to you?"

"'bout what?"

"I don't know. Stuff."

"Nope. No stuff."

"Okay, good. Let's go upstairs, shall we?I'm hungry, and I doubt Jimmy's making me anything for breakfast."

"No, he seemed pretty pissed that I'd woke him up with the doorbell."

"Oh, he was up before you got here. Don't let him fool you."

Naomi sighed and got out of bed. She pulled Jimmy's sweatshirt over her pajamas, and I chuckled to myself at how small it made her look. She smiled at me, acknowledging my silent remarks, and I shrugged. She put an arm around my shoulders, and we went upstairs.

Jimmy put an arm around Naomi's waist and kissed her cheek when we got to the kitchen. Zacky was laying down in the living room, obviously hungover, and Matt and Brian were sitting at the counter.

"So, Liss, you learn where your man is?" asked Matt.

"No, but the testicle offer is still on the table, Matthew," I retorted.

Matt protectively put his hands in his lap, and Brian nearly snorted his water across the counter. I rolled my eyes and took a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Brian, I hear you're going to San Diego next weekend?" I said.

"Yeah," choked Brian. "Yeah, I'm staying with Sam for the weekend."

"Awesome," I replied. "I hope all goes well for you."

"You mean you hope I'm a good boy while I'm there," Brian said.

"That too." I patted his arm a bit forcefully, and I said, "Maybe he's home now. I'd better go back and check. I'll be back over later."

"Really?" Matt whined. "Stay at your own house."

Jimmy reached over and flicked Matt's nose. "Be nice," he commanded.

"Lissa, of course you'll be over later," Naomi said, patting my stomach. "You love us too much to let us go."

I smiled. "See you later, guys."

I waved to them as I left, shutting the front door behind me. I glanced back toward our house and noticed Johnny's car sitting in the driveway. I grinned, making my way over.

The house was empty though. Nobody was there. I called his name in the entryway. No answer. I called his name in the dining room. Still nothing. I walked to the living room.

"Yoo-hoo? Johnny?" I said. "You here at all."

A figure on the couch said, "He's upstairs, hun."

"Oh, thanks, Mom," I said, taking a step away.

I stopped.

"Mom?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Mom's home?! That's so cool! Whadya think Matt will say? Haha

Comment? :D