Until The End

Better Believe It

I smiled, watching Johnny playing tug-of-war with Cale. I put my hand on my stomach, now actually giving away that I was pregnant. I was little over four months along now, and in another month I could find out the sex of the baby. I say I because Johnny didn't want to know yet, but I did.

Naomi's stomach was growing at an alarming rate. At just under three months, she was almost the size I was. Jimmy wasn't worried about her. Just said he'd been feeding her too much Ben & Jerry's. I, on the other hand, was concerned for my best friend's safety.

Brian and Sam had taken turns visiting each other on the weekends, which I figured was a good thing. Brian seemed happy with taking it slow, now that he'd gotten used to it, and I learned that Zacky and Matt missed having his smartass remarks around the house.

I looked over at the others' backyard and saw Brian talking on the phone. I knew he was talking to Sam, as always. He couldn't stand not talking to her. I think it was because she gave him a challenge, and he liked that. I hadn't given him much of a challenge, which was my own goddamned fault.

"Get her, Cale! Go get mama!" brought me out of my daze, and I looked back to see Johnny racing Cale over to me.

Cale chased his tail around my feet, and Johnny sat down, exhausted. I sat down next to him and smiled.

"We're shooting a video next week, if I didn't already tell you," Johnny said.

"Really?" I said. "Which song?"

"'Until The End'," said Johnny. "Matt wanted to know if you'd be in it."

"Well, sure, but I'm pregnant. Don't expect me to be doing what I did before."

"I wouldn't dream of it, Lissa."

I smiled and rested my cheek on his shoulder while Cale ran back and forth between the shed and us. Johnny played with my hair gently. I opened my mouth to say something when I heard Brian.

"Guys!" he shouted, running over to us.

"Brian, go away," groaned Johnny.

"Shut up, dumbass, I have something to tell you guys," Brian said, bending to pet Cale.

"Well, spit it out, then, Bri," I said. "We haven't got all day."

"Well, I asked Sam to move down here and live with me," Brian said, all excited.

"Doesn't she have a job down in San Diego?" asked Johnny.

I elbowed him and said, "That's great! When's she coming up?"

"She'll be coming next month," Brian replied. "I'll be helping her move all of her stuff. She's talking to her boss about transferring agencies."

"Agencies?" Johnny echoed.

"Yeah, she's a model," Brian replied.

"You're dating a model? And you were gonna tell us...when?" Johnny asked.

"I don't know. Now I guess. Whenever it came up."

"Well, I'm happy you've got a girl, Brian," I said. "I'm glad you both want this."

"Listen, I'm gonna kick Matt and Zack and Jimmy and Naomi out of the house when she comes. I wanna surprise her. Romantic dinner and all that corny shit," Brian said. "You guys mind if they come over here?"

"I don't care," Johnny said. "Be just like old times, I guess. 'cept without you."

"Thanks, man," Brian said. "I hear you guys are goin' in for an ultrasound next month."

"Yep, mid April," I said.

"You guys gonna find out what it is?"

"Yeah-"

"No-"

Johnny and I looked at each other. We still hadn't agreed, I guess, but I wanted to know what it was. We looked back at a puzzled Brian. He continued scratching Cale's ears, and he shook his head.

"I see you have this all figured out," he said.

I bit my lip as Johnny put an arm around my waist.

"I'm sure we'll agree on something by the time the appointment comes around," he said. "In the meantime, we still haven't figured out a name."

"Why don't you name him Brian?" said Brian, striking a superhero-esque pose.

I shook my head. "No," I said. "Brian is a name for manwhores."

"But my dad has that name!"

"I rest my case."

I smiled sweetly at him, and he shrugged. Obviously he had no disagreement to make. Johnny chuckled, and Cale ran up to him.

"Knows who is daddy is," Brian said. "Your dog's an ass to deny this."

"You're an ass," Johnny replied.

"Well, alright," Brian said. "See you two lovebirds later."

He began walking back toward his house, and I turned to Johnny. He smiled at me, but I did not return the gesture.

"You really don't want to know what we're going to have?" I said.

"I want it to be a surprise," he replied. "I like surprises."

"Well, I want to know," I sighed. "I can't wait that long. I want to pick the perfect name."

"It's whatever you want, hun," Johnny said.

I nodded. I just wanted him to help me pick the name. And if he didn't know the sex, it would be hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler shit. Meh.

Comments?

By the way- a month has passed if you didn't catch that.