Until The End

Have No Fear

A week later, and Johnny still hadn't left my stomach alone. He was afraid he would miss something, no matter how much I tried to assure him that nothing would happen.

He'd taken to holding headphones to my stomach now. Today it was Velvet Revolver. I didn't mind that he was trying to get her started early; I was glad he was so excited about this.

I shifted uncomfortably. He looked up at me, waiting for me to say something. I grimaced, but I relaxed when he came to sit beside me.

"What's up?" he asked.

"I'm just tired," I lied.

He raised an eyebrow. "Come on, just tell me."

I hesitated. Time to make something else up.

"It's nothing," I said. "Sitting here's making my legs fall asleep. I just don't want to make you move."

"Liss, if you want me to move, I can move," Johnny replied.

"You're fine," I said. "I know you like talking to Emma."

I smiled, and he kissed my cheek. I leaned my head on his shoulder, watching Cale chewing on a bone across the room.

Cale was almost twice the size he was when we got him. He knew how to sit and stay, but we were still working on a couple other commands. He was a quick learner.

He looked up from his bone, his ears perked up. He was still, and his eyes were fixated on the door. He stood up slowly and began growling.

"Cale?" Johnny said.

Cale let out a loud bark, making me jump. Johnny stood up.

"Stay here," he said in a low voice.

Cale bounded for the window. He put his front paws on the ledge and barked again. Johnny pulled back the curtain a little and peered out. I put a hand on my stomach. Johnny turned to Cale and shook his head.

"There's nothing there, Cale," he said.

Cale barked again, this time more frantically. That was when my phone rang, as well. I snapped my fingers, and Cale looked at me. I motioned for him to sit, and he did.

"Hello?" I said.

"Lissa, you might want to get over here," came Zacky's voice from the other line.

I could hear a few voices in the background, some frantic and some quiet. I sat up.

"Why? What's up?" I asked.

"Oh, you know, moral support," Zacky said.

"For who?" I continued. "Zacky, you're not making sense."

"Naomi," Zacky replied.

I felt the color drain from my face, and I said, "What happened?"

"She...she got really sick, and then she just...passed out-"

"What? Why isn't she at the hospital?"

"Jimmy wants you to go, too," Zacky sighed.

"Tell him to get in the car, and we'll meet him there," I said.

I hung up without another word. There was no arguing here. She was going to the hospital. Johnny looked at me.

"We've gotta go to the hospital," I said, standing up.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

"Naomi's sick," I said.

Johnny grabbed his keys, and we were out the door. He started the car, but we didn't move for a minute. I looked anxiously at him. He took my hand.

"She'll be alright," he assured me.

"Doesn't mean I can't worry," I said.

"Lissa," he said, touching my cheek. "She'll be fine."

I bit my lip. I hoped he was right.
---------------------------------
Naomi was sitting up in the hospital bed. Jimmy sat beside her, holding her hand, and Zacky stood near the door talking to a nurse. Naomi looked up and saw me, and she smiled.

"Lissa!" she said.

"Hey, Mimi," I said, sitting down. "How are ya?"

"I'm fine now," she replied. "The doctors said I was dehydrated."

"So you're okay now?" I asked.

"I'm okay to go home as soon as the doctors come back with my other tests," she said.

"Other tests?" I echoed.

"They had to check to make sure the babies weren't hurt," Jimmy said in a quiet voice.

I saw Naomi squeeze Jimmy's hand, and I tried to smile. Johnny put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sure they'll be alright," he said.

We sat there for awhile, and I heard Zacky laugh at something the nurse said. I glanced over. She was a little taller than he was, with long blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

Zacky crossed his arms and leaned against the wall, in that way he did when he was enjoying himself. I smiled and turned back to Johnny.

"Think he's got himself a new love interest," I whispered.

Johnny looked back and said, "Jesus fuck. This love shit's getting ridiculous."

He smiled sarcastically at me, and I punched his shoulder. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"It's a good thing you're cute," I sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Huge stuff coming soon! You do NOT want to miss this!

You will see the nurse quite soon. Be happy, it's for you, Julia. ;)