Until The End

Leave Out All The Rest

"Lissa, really," Naomi said. "I'm fine. You don't have to stay."

"Mimi, I swear to god, if you put up one more word against this, I'll make your life a living hell," I replied, sitting down with the television remote.

"I'm not dying," Naomi sighed. "Jesus, I've got Jimmy."

"Wouldn't you rather have me?" I asked, putting on my puppy dog eyes.

She smiled and said, "Fine. What are we watching?"

"The Proposal," I replied.

"Oooh, Ryan Reynolds," Naomi giggled.

"How can you go wrong?" I laughed. "Sam should be here soon. She was out with Brian."

"She's gonna miss the Betty White dance," said Naomi.

Sam and Brian had gone out for a movie, and afterwards it was to be a boys/ girls night. I was staying over here, and the guys would be staying and Johnny and I's place. I was excited because, even though Naomi and I were both pregnant, we hadn't had a girls night in forever.

I adjusted uncomfortably in my seat, and Naomi glanced over.

"What's up?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said. "My stomach kinda hurts."

"Are you gonna be okay?" said Naomi.

"Yeah, I think I'll be fine," I replied.

Sam texted me, just then, asking if we wanted anything for dinner. She would be picking us up some KFC. Fried chicken sounded three times as good to a pregnant woman, and Naomi agreed.

About the time naked Sandra Bullock ran into naked Ryan Reynolds, Sam was pulling into the driveway. I pulled myself up off the couch and hobbled in slowly to the foyer. I opened the door for Sam, and I took a bucket from her.

"Johnny told me to tell you they haven't broken anything yet," she chuckled.

"That's lovely to know," I laughed.

"Isn't it?" she said, smiling.

I grimaced, and I clutched my stomach.

"Lissa?" Sam said, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Lissa, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said.

"Lissa, wha-"

I cried out, doubling over in pain, and suddenly it felt like I'd wet myself. I clutched the counter for support, and Sam caught me.

"Naomi!" she shouted. "Naomi!"

Naomi rushed into the kitchen as fast as she possibly could. She grabbed my arm.

"Liss, honey, what's wrong?" she asked.

"It hurts!" I screamed.

"I think she's going into labor," Sam said. "We've got to get her to the hospital. I'll drive. Call Johnny."

They almost had to drag me out to the car; I couldn't walk. I lay in the back seat with Naomi holding my hand. Another pain ripped through my body, and I cried out. Naomi anxiously awaited the answer from the other line as I cried softly.

"Johnny!" Naomi said into her phone. "Johnny, we're going to the hospital. Lissa's going into labor."

I squeezed Naomi's hand, probably too tight, and I screamed again.

"Something's wrong, Johnny!" cried Naomi. "Just hurry and get to the hospital, okay? We're on the way."

She hung up her phone and stroked my forehead. I cried and dug my nails into the seat.

"Sam, drive faster!" Naomi said.

"I'm driving as fast as legally possible, okay?" Sam said. "I'm trying to get us there in one piece."

The pain grew and grew the longer we drove, but we eventually got to the hospital without any trouble. They put me in a wheelchair. I was in the elevator, I remember, when everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, lord. What now? :O

Comments? <3