Until The End

What Are Words

I set Emma carefully in her crib. She was so tiny, and it was such a large crib. I smiled, resting my head on the rail, and Johnny put an arm around my waist. He kissed my cheek.

"I love you," he whispered. "God, she's so beautiful."

I didn't say anything, but he knew I was tired. I was actually drifting off just standing there. Johnny put his arms around me, and I closed my eyes.

"If you want to go to bed, that's fine," he said.

I nodded, and he started gently pulling me toward our bedroom. He hoisted me up and set me on the bed, much like I had done with Emma, but I wouldn't let go of him. He chuckled quietly, laying down next to me. I rolled over and looked at him, and I smiled again.

"My parents will be here Monday," I said.

"Don't worry about them," Johnny said. "I've got it. You just get some sleep-"

"Johnny, we can't get married."

He looked at me and said, "What?"

"Well, I mean right now," I clarified. "It's gonna be awhile, isn't it? I mean, with raising Emma and you guys are going back out on tour soon, and then...I don't know. I mean, it'll be awhile before we can settle down a little."

Johnny touched my cheek and said, "Lissa, I don't care when we get married - or if we get married - I just want to be with you. I'd go to the ends of the earth for you, and I want you to be happy."

My cheeks grew warm and I nodded.

"You need your sleep, Liss," he said. "Don't worry about anything. Just go to sleep before Emma wakes up and needs to be fed."

"Thank you," I said. "What would I do without you?"

Johnny smiled and turned over. I lay staring at the ceiling for awhile before dozing off. When I awoke, Johnny had gone into Emma's room and was sitting with her in the rocking chair. Both were asleep, and I couldn't help but notice how adorable they both were.

It was going to take a long time to get used to the way things had changed, but if Johnny would be there, I could do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really sorry this is short and sucky, but I've grown to not enjoy writing this. I don't exactly know why, but I just don't like it as much. I'm going to finish it though, because I don't want to let any of you guys down.