Until The End

BYOB

I saw Jimmy and Jacoby disappear with Naomi, and I shook my head. Those three were having too much fun, even for adults. Johnny sat down next to me on the couch. I put my feet up and looked up at him.

"You two have fun?" he asked.

"I was asleep," I chuckled. "I don't remember."

"Oh, one of those nights," Zacky said. He grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

"You are so immature, and I'm going to bed," I sighed, standing up.

Johnny groaned, "I just sat down, babe."

"Nobody said you have to come with me," I replied. "Though, at some point, your company would be appreciated."

"I'll be up later," Johnny said. "Love you, Liss."

I blew him a kiss and smiled. I turned and left the room, and I climbed the stairs to my room. I paused at the door, hearing the low rumble of thunder in the distance. Tomorrow we'd be in for a hell of a storm, if that was the beginning.

At around four in the morning, I heard the rain come down. Softly at first, then a full-on torrential downpour. I turned to Johnny, but he was asleep. I shook him until he opened one eye.

"What?" he said.

"I can't sleep," I replied. "I'm afraid of storms."

Johnny smiled and wrapped his arms around me. I put my face against his chest and closed my eyes, listening to the sounds of the rain hitting the roof.
----------------------------------------
I clutched Johnny's hand as the lightning flashed again. He kissed my forehead, but it brought little comfort as the thunder cracked a few seconds later. The storm hadn't ceased since it began, and it was now past noon.

Brian looked out the window as a carhorn sounded. I looked toward the sound, but he said nothing.

"Bri?" I said. "What is it?"

"Some chick stopped in front of our house," Brian replied. "I think her car alarm is going off."

I looked out the window and saw the car. The lights were flashing, and I saw a woman get out. She cursed and kicked her car. She looked around at the houses, and she saw us looking. She quickly ran up the sidewalk, and our doorbell rang.

Brian shrugged and said, "I'll get it."

I peeked around the corner as he answered the door. The woman's curly black hair was dripping, and her clothes were soaked. Her eyeliner was running down her cheeks, but she was half smiling at him.

I approached them, and I put my arm around Brian's shoulder.

"Brian, you'd better not be hitting on this young lady," I said.

The woman smiled at me and said, "He wasn't. I'm Sam." She offered me her hand, and I shook it- even though she was soaked to the bone. "I'm from San Diego, but I was up visiting LA. My car broke down, and my phone's been dead since last night. Do you think I could use yours?"

I shrugged. "As long as you're not going to kill us all."

Sam laughed, "I wouldn't dream of it."

She followed me into the living room where Jimmy and Naomi were cuddled on the couch. I smiled at them and gave Sam the phone. She thanked me, and she excused herself to the hallway. Naomi stood up.

"Who's she?" she asked.

"That's Sam," I answered. "Her car broke down, and she needs a phone."

"Well, Brian keeps checking her out," Jimmy said, quite loud.

Brian punched his arm and said, "I check everyone out, and you know that."

Jimmy rolled his eyes and said, "I know, it's rather sick."

Brian crossed his arms, but I saw him look back to the hall where Sam was, and I knew he was hoping she would stay awhile.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Sam is for Sydney! Yay! Love you chica! Lol.

Comments are wicked cool. You should write a comment.