Status: updating when I can XD

Diamonds Pale Like Vampire Skin

.Chapter 13.

I woke up, and dread filled me. Zeke would be leaving today. I quickly got ready; I didn't want to waste anytime. I didn't even bother straightening my hair. When I was dressed, I ran down the stairs and out the door.

The sky was abnormally pale, and the snow drooped. The whole outside had an overall gloom to it, like today. I scrambled over to Zeke's house. I probably looked like an idiot, but I didn't care. Once I stood on the doorstep and rung the bell, Zeke's smiling face appeared in the doorway, and I knew everything would be okay, for now at least.

"Come on," Zeke smiled eagerly coming out of the door and grabbing my hand so I'd follow him, "I have a surprise for you!"

I looked at his smiling face and flushed red cheeks. His lip stud still sparkling in the bare, weak sunlight. Foggy mist escaped his lips as he breathed.

"I know I'm beautiful, but come on!" Zeke whined and playfully tugged me forward. I blushed and laughed.

God I'm gonna miss him

" I'm gonna miss you too love." Zeke smiled as we rounded East Ave.

Why do you want to go to the park so damn badly?

"Because, it's where we first became friends or at least the first time you admitted we were friends." Zeke said intently staring ahead. I smiled at the memory.

We rounded two more corners and walked three more blocks until the houses divided and revealed the snowy park. It seemed bright compared to everything else.

Zeke and I broke out running to the park until we stood on it's familiar snowy trail. For a while we slowly walked reminiscing until Zeke pulled me into a snowy alcove hidden by pine trees.

"I got you something." Zeke smiled.

I heard a faint tinkling as Zeke pulled something from his back pocket and hid it in clasped hand.

"Ready?" he teased cocking his left eyebrow.

I nodded.

Zeke opened his hands, revealing a delicate, thin silver chain. At the end was a small diamond that looked like crystallized starlight.

I gasped

Zeke you shouldn't have, it must have cost you a fortune!

"If it helps it didn't really cost me anything," Zeke admitted.

How?

"It's a viamond, a vampire diamond. It's made from vampire venom. I'm giving it to you so you can remember me. I hope you'll be happy, you're my best friend. Do you like it?" Zeke rambled.

I love it

I grinned. Zeke went behind me and put the necklace on me. I shivered as the chain touched my skin, it was the same temperature as Zeke.

xxx

How much time do we have left?

"An hour," Zeke answered in a depressed monotone voice. We had spent the whole day at the park except for when we went and got coffee.

Oh, let's start walking back to your house then.

Zeke nodded solemnly and we began walking away from the park. I glanced back one last time at the twisted trees and colorful playground before we turned the corner and left it behind.

We walked in silence, neither of us could think of something to say. As we turned the corner onto Zeke's street, I saw a sleek black car waiting in front for Zeke. Hot tears streamed down my face, and I didn't bother to try and stop them.

As we stood outside his house, I saw Zeke's luggage already in the car. Zeke looked at me.

" I'm going to miss you." he said sadly glimpsing at the car.

Me too.

"I'll find you someday though." Zeke promised as he kissed me cheek and got in the car. The sleek car drove away leaving me there thinking.

I'll find you too.

xxx

Zeke was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww that was a sad chapter. Sorry it took me forever to update I've sick and not really allowed to be on the computer. This chapter is dedicated to all my subscribers especially

Lynnie Vicious

Katerina Phillips

and

rubyvampire

Thanks for reading. Comment?