Status: updating when I can XD

Diamonds Pale Like Vampire Skin

.Chapter 19.

The three of us strolled through the twisted stone corridors. Every once in a while Zeke or Zack would stop to point out a particularly nasty teacher or a little known castle secret. Over the course of the tour, I learned about secret passageways, trapdoors, hiding places, and anything else that the castle could possibly hold.

As we walked through one of the endless corridors, Zack was pulled away by a girl. She was different. She had a dead, drowned look to her. Pin straight blond hair stuck to her back like it was wet. Her skin was a murky white and her eyes were a glazed over gray. She had a pinched face. She should have been ugly, but she was beautiful.

Zack motioned for us to go on without him, and once we were out of earshot, Zeke leaned in and whispered, "That was a leer."

Oh

Rian was spot on with their description, and I was surprised I hadn't made the connection. She looked like a drowned person, a deathly beautiful drowned person. A ghost boy passed us. He floated just above the stone floor and looked as if he was being pushed by an invisible wind.

"Do you want to see something really awesome?" Zeke asked me. His pale blue eyes looked like swirling water, if water could get that pale.

Sure

We both broke out in stupid grins as he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the unknown.

xxx

After Zeke pulled me up and down stairs, through deserted corridors, and many rooms, he pulled me through a heavy wooden door. It was incredibly dark, but you could see a swirling staircase that just kept going up.

What's this?

"This is the center tower, and we're the only ones who know how to get in it." Zeke smiled.

Wow

I gazed at the dusty walls and cobwebbed staircase. It sure as hell looked like no one knew about it.

"Come on, this isn't even the amazing part." Zeke said grabbing my hand and leading me up the staircase.

It was a long time until we got up it, and by the time we were, we were both winded.

At the very top of the stair case, there was another wooden door, though this one looked a little more weather beaten. Zeke held it open for me, and we stepped out onto the highest point in the castle.

The view was spectacular. You could see for miles! The wind was impossibly still and a medium sized eagle was perched on one of the turrets.

I looked up at the colorless sky.

Wow Zeke this is amazing.

I wrapped my arms around him in a hug and, not being able to resist, gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

"I thought you would appreciate it." Zeke smiled and ruffled my hair.

This is just so..

My thoughts trailed off. It was just that type of place that leaves you breathless.

"I'm glad you like it." Zeke said smiling once more.

We stood there for a long time watching the Earth, it was weird, you didn't feel like you were a part of it when you were up there, just an innocent bystander watching the world move. Occasionally a gust of wind would blow reminding you that you were alive. I liked the feeling as our hair would whip around our faces for a few short seconds. There was nothing like the feeling up there, being detached from the world and knowing that up there nothing could harm you. Up there I was invincible, down there I was not.

Once I started shivering from the winter air, Zeke made us leave. I whimpered as we scampered down the crumbling steps.

"Sorry we left, I just don't want you getting sick." Zeke apologized.

It's okay, I guess I forgive you

Zeke smiled and put my on his back so we could make it to the bottom of the stairs faster. Once we were at the bottom, Zeke held open the wooden door, and we walked out back into the deserted corridor.

We made our way back to the dorm, taking our time. I shuddered when a pig nosed ghost boy went right through me. It was a gross feeling, indescribable. Like someone was slowly washing out your insides with dirty bath water.

We passed Zack making out with the leer in a hallway.

Man whore

We really hurried after the disturbing sight of Zack chewing her face off.

When we actually arrived back at the dorm, we were sentenced to Rian's horrendous snoring. He was just a big, furry mass sleeping in the middle of the floor. Every once in a while, he'd sneeze and scratch his nose with his paw.

I excused myself to use the bathroom and came back to find Zeke sitting on my bed looking out the window.

Hey

I smiled, and Zeke waved. I walked over and plopped down next to Zeke

Can I ask you something?

"Sure." Zeke smiled throwing an arm around me.

Did you have any friends, like a best friend, when you were well.. human?

I'm not sure why I really wanted to know, I was just curious, but I felt bad when a grim look fell upon Zeke's face. Zeke sighed and nodded.

"I did", Zeke paused and took a gloomy look out the window before continuing, "His name was Genesis.. Genesis Shawn."

Zeke looked like he might cry.

Are you okay?

Zeke nodded. Not being able to help myself, I blurted out.

What happened?

Zeke took in a deep breath, and, just then, Zack burst in looking drunk and covered in lipstick.

"Hey guys.. wassup?" He grinned stupidly.

Zeke leaned in close to me and whispered, "I'll tell you the story some tomorrow when they're gone."

Zeke looked at Zack and Rian. I glared at Zack, I was slightly mad. I really wanted to find out about Genesis, it was killing me!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading you guys I love you! Anyways so this totally awesome chapter is dedicated to:

Crushed Black Wings

Katerina Phillips

Cindy In Wonderland

magenlea90

and

Danae Marie

Okay thanks for reading and subscribing you guys. GIve me some comment love?