Status: updating when I can XD

Diamonds Pale Like Vampire Skin

.Chapter 24.

The week went by as uneventful as the last. Rian slipped some garlic powder into Zack's bed on Monday, and he didn't stop scratching until Thursday.

On Thursday night, Zeke, Zack, and Rian were all some place else, and as fate would have it, I sat on my bed taking notes on werewolves. The book on werewolves was definitely the thickest out of all the ones I got, and I was only ten pages into the book when Zeke came barging in.

"Hey Alex, I thought you didn't have any homework." Zeke said quickly advancing. I jumped and quickly tried to cover my notes, but it was pretty pitiful to even try to hide something from a vampire. Before I could even think, Zeke was skimming his pale eyes over my notes.

"Alex what, what is this?"Zeke asked sounding slightly angry and sad.

I was.. I wanted to..

I couldn't think of anything to say, my mind was drawing a blank.

"Why didn't you just ask me?" Zeke asked sounding upset now.

Zeke.. I..

"You shouldn't be messing with things like this!" Zeke near shouted his anger coming back. That made me angry. What was wrong with wanting to know stuff about this new world I had been thrust into?

Why the hell not?

My mind started to scream at Zeke. I couldn't control it, and I didn't really care either.

"Because something could happen." Zeke roared. I heard a growl building up in his throat.

Somethings going to happen? Goddammit Zeke, nothing's going to happen!

Zeke breathed in sharply and ran out of the room faster than I had ever seen him run before; gone in the blink of an eye. I felt my anger cool a little bit, washed out by immediate regret. What did he expect though?

xxx

Zeke didn't come back to the dorm that night or Friday night. I would have been worried, except that I saw him in class. He just sat there with a stony expression on his face refusing to talk to me. By third period on Friday, I decided that he could go screw himself, and I stopped trying to talk to him.

We spent a week in silence. I desperately wanted to talk to him, but my stubbornness was getting the best of me so I refused to. This whole thing was incredibly stupid. I hated it, just hated it. Zack and Rian always seemed awkward between us too. Rian had taken Zeke's side, and Zack sided with me.

On Friday night, after a week of silence, I was alone in the dorm. As I shivered, I walked over and closed the window that had somehow gotten open. Rian probably opened it. There was a nasty thunderstorm going on outside that made the castle the perfect stage for a horror movie. As the wind howled through the dark corridors, I spent the evening lounging around in my pajamas. I hadn't taken any notes since the incident with Zeke, I just could get out the notebook again.

I turned the lights down low as I began to feel drowsy. It was getting late, and I wished that Zeke would get back. I was finally fed up with the perpetual silence and had decided to just bite the bullet and talk to Zeke again. I was even prepared to apologize for whatever the hell I did to piss him off.

My eyelids drooped as I waited for Zeke, and I tried my hardest not to fall asleep. I laid down on my bed quietly doing my homework. The lights flickered as a nasty bolt of lightning hit the castle. I heard footsteps echo down the corridor and stop outside our door. My heart skipped a beat at the thought that it may be Zeke.

I looked up eagerly as the door creaked open, but it wasn't Zeke standing there. It was a kid about our age. He looked hard though with scarred arms and vicious dark red hair. His eyes were a bright piercing blue. It took me forever to recognize him, but as he approached me with a demonic scowl on his scarred face, the thought struck me.

Genesis

I drew in a sharp breath as Genesis menacingly approached me. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I was frozen with fear. Before a thought could cross my mind, Genesis had picked me up and put me in front of him like a human shield. He tossed an envelope on my bed and pressed a gleaming red blade to my throat. I could feel the blade only millimeters away from my throat, if I moved at all, I was dead.

"Move", Genesis hissed in my ear like a poisonous snake. I gulped and complied slowly walking forward afraid of the gleaming red blade. As he urged me forward with his body pressed tightly against mine, we backed out into that corridor, and I squeezed my eyes shut.

As we entered the corridor, I heard a gasp, and my eyes fluttered open. I was face to face with Zeke.

"Alex?" Zeke asked dumbfounded.

Zeke I-I-I'm sorry we've been fighting.

Tears crawled down my cheeks knowing this might be the last time I would see him. If only I hadn't been fighting with him, then maybe it would have never happened.

"Alex, I-I'm sorry too." Zeke apologized taking a step towards me. Genesis pressed the blade tight against my throat, drawing a thin line of crimson blood.

"One more step, and I kill her!" Genesis screeched. Zeke stopped in his tracks with panic stricken on his face.

"Wha-what -"

"Shut up!", Genesis yelled, "there's a letter on her bed explaining the circumstances, no don't follow me or girlie here dies."

"Genesis", Zeke began to say.

"Don't say my name you rotten traitor!"

"I-I.." Zeke began to say something as Genesis backed away with me into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped you liked the chapter, I don't think the first part was written very well:( anyways this chapter is dedicated to:

Sami Sadistic

Katerina Phillips

Beyond_Beautiful

Vampcraze

punkrockerballerina

and

JessicaMargaret

thanks for reading you guys. I love you. :)