Status: updating when I can XD

Diamonds Pale Like Vampire Skin

.Chapter 5.

I rolled out of bed barely aware that today was Saturday. I took a shower and got dressed as swiftly and quietly as I could. When I was ready, I pressed an ear to my door. There was no sound except for Jerry's ugly snoring and sausage-like body rolling around on his bed.

Good.

I grabbed some money from my room and left.

As I walked down the identical suburban blocks, I came across Zeke. Once again, he appeared out of nowhere.

" Hey ", he smiled.

Hi.

Zeke's eyes flashed pale for the umpteenth time.

What are you?

" Huh?"

I knew he could hear me, otherwise he wouldn't have responded.

You can read my mind, you appear out of nowhere, you run faster than humanly possible with a girl on your back, and your skin's always cool.

" I just have a low body temperature", Zeke defended.

So you can read my mind!

" Crap " he muttered shaking his head. I guess he was really a dumb blonde.

What are you then?

" A monster " he said smirking. He winked at me which only puzzled me more.

But what kind of monster?

" I can't tell you?" Zeke shrugged. He flashed me a smile and bit his finger with his canine and spit on the ground before sprinting off at his abnormal speed. I looked down at where he was just standing. A single drop of blood lay where his feet should be. And then it all clicked as impossible as it was.

My best friend was a vampire?! What the hell?

xxx

I got home at five-thirty. I would have been home a lot sooner, but I spent the whole afternoon roaming the park dumbfounded. The fact that Zeke was a vampire stalked my mind. I tried to come up with any other explanation other than that, but there was none ( other that Zeke was a freak, but I already knew that he was and that he wasn't the kind of freak that would run around trying to make people think he was a vampire ).

I wasn't really scared just freaked out and fascinated. If it happened to you, you'd be like what the fuck.

Anyway, I walked into my house to see it lit and partially clean for once. I looked around and saw my mom and Jerry holding hands on the couch.

" Hi honey ", my mom said in her smoker's voice. She had one of those weird parental smiles on her face that was too big and happy like one big ball of happy drunken mush.

" We've got some news Alex", Jerry smiled demoniacally.

uh oh

" We're getting married! " my mom screeched with laughter.

What? No! Fucking no!!

" And-", she continued.

There's more?

" I'm pregnant!" she screeched once more.

What?!

" We've also decided" , Jerry began this was clearly his favorite part, " that since you can be so difficult and stressful that you are going to boarding school. "

Normally I'd be happy to get away, but what about the baby? Who would protect it from Jerry. I don't like it, but I couldn't leave an innocent child to Jerry. Better me than someone innocent and not yet traumatized.

" You're leaving in two weeks then you're out of our hair", Jerry leaned back in his chair clearly satisfied. I stood there in silent shock with my mouth agape before running off to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. I wasn't a big fan of this chapter, but it needed to happen. I hoped you liked it, sorry if you didn't. Subscribe and comment?