Status: updating when I can XD

Diamonds Pale Like Vampire Skin

.Chapter 7.

Zeke's eyebrows raised.

" Really? ", he asked laughing.

Yes, you're not like stupid twilight though from what I can tell, but if you ever start sparkling I'm out of here.

" Thanks, I suppose. "

I smiled. There was a bit of an awkward silence, but I don't think either of us minded. Out of nowhere Zeke snapped his teeth sending me into a fit of maniacal laughter. I stopped when I clutched my stomach which sent sharp pains through my torso.

Damn Jerry

" Are you okay? " Zeke asked nervously from the couch.

Yeah I'm fine.

Then I thought of something odd and possibly creepy.

How old are you?

" I only turned a year ago, don't worry I'm not some creepy child molester going around befriending innocent mute teenagers. " He answered.

So you're only?

" Seventeen just like you, trying to finish high school. "

Actually I'm sixteen, I skipped fourth grade.

" Oh cool, I wish I was smart like that. " Zeke looked up thoughtfully.

You're smart, besides you have eternity to learn.

" I wish I didn't have eternity. It'd be nice to be human. We're able to control our age so I've aging like everyone else at least. It'd still be better to be human. " Zeke smiled grimly.

What time is it?

" About 3 o'clock. "

Already?

Zeke nodded and grabbed the remote turning on the TV. I leaned back and put my head on his shoulder lazily. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

xxx

I woke up in the dark. I was on top of Zeke, who was asleep. I sighed and looked around the room until I saw the red digital numbers of a clock.

1:00AM

Great, Jerry was going to be pissed, but I didn't really care anymore. Jerry could go screw himself.

My attention was suddenly changed from Jerry to my exploding bladder. I quickly found the bathroom and did my business. When I was done, I went back to the living room and curled up on the couch. I was almost asleep when Zeke started talking in his sleep

" Alex don't hate me. " Zeke murmured sleepily.

Why would I hate you?

" Because I'm a monster "

You're not a monster, and I don't hate you.

" But, what if I hurt you, what if I suck your blood or something? " He asked deep in sleep.

You won't

I whispered to him in my mind as I fell asleep.

xxx

The next time I woke up it was six, and, this time, Zeke was on top of me with his ear pressed to my chest.

Are you awake?

" Yes. "

What are you doing?

" Listening to your heartbeat ", Zeke replied simply. For some reason it seemed completely normal.

Then I realized it was Tuesday and we had school. I scrambled to get up.

" Where are you going? " Zeke pouted.

Shower, and I'm not going to let you follow me on there.

" Oh. "

I went to the bathroom and realized I had no clothes. Hearing my thoughts, Zeke knocked on the door with a pile of clothes. They were guy clothes, but they would do. I put them on the counter and started the shower.

When the room was nice and steamy, I undressed carefully and stepped in the shower. I relished the feeling of the hot water running down me. It felt good to be clean, and the water made my bruises feel nonexistent. I came out of the shower smelling like Zeke because there was only his shampoo and body wash in there.

I dried myself off and slipped on Zeke's T-shirt. I laughed when I looked in the mirror and saw that it said BEAST in white letters that stuck out against the blue shirt. I decided to wear my jeans from yesterday though. I came out of the shower into the rest of the cool house.

" Hey " Zeke said when I walked into the living room.

Hi

" Keep the shirt, it looks cute on you. " Zeke smiled.

Really?

" Yeah it can remind you of me when I'm gone."

I blushed and remembered that Zeke would be leaving in one and a half weeks.

I'll miss you

" Dido " Zeke said winking at me.

We'd better get going to school.

" Yeah " Zeke tossed me my backpack, and he grabbed his black one as we headed out the door into the sunlight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped you liked. I love comments and subscribers :)

<3 PrinceMaggot