I Don't Need A Glove To Catch Your Hint.

Fate needs to have our arms wrapped & our lips locked.

"OW!" I cried. Turning around to face the culprit, I got shoved to the side which sent me flying into an innocent bystander, "Mother fu-!"

"Noelle!"

"I'm coming!" Disgruntled, I straightened up & brushed myself off.

After apologizing to the poor boy I ran into, I dashed off after my best friend, Minnie. Yes, Minnie. Short for Minerva.

She hates it. I love every second of it.

"You're going too fast!" I shouted at Minnie over the crowds impeding cheers.

This is SO not my scene.

Minnie kept going as if she didn't hear me. Heffer.

Ashley, her little sister, turned around & offered me her hand, so that I wouldn't get lost in the crowd. I grabbed her hand grateful, muttering a small 'thanks'.

When the three of us finally reached the exit, Minnie threw the doors open & rejoiced; hollering to the world about her urgency to use the bathroom.

"Are you coming with us, Noelle?"

Glancing at Ashley a few feet away, I can see she is on her way to following her sister to the bathroom. Minnie is already at a full sprint to her destination. Typical. "No, I think I'll just stay here and look at all these...Nifty t-shirts." I replied back to her, looking at all the brightly colored clothing in front of me.

"Okay we'll be back in a few minutes!" She calls back to me as she skips to the bathroom.

"Kay," I say even though she probably didn't hear me. Taking another glance around the place, I can see that it’s basically empty. Only me and a couple random workers around.

Oh shame on me! I forgot to mention where we are. We're at a concert. But not just any concert...Believers Never Die tour! And at this current moment, Fall Out Boy is closing the set. Minnie decided to take this as her chance to relieve herself.

Did I mention this is SO not my scene? Oh, I did? Well then - Yes this is my first concert... And most likely my last. Don't get me wrong, I love all the bands here to pieces. It's just, the mass of bodies and the lack of showering don't mix well with me. The smell... Oh gosh the smell.

ANYWAYS. Yeah, I'm just not into that whole kind of thing. Sitting at home listening to the band is perfectly fine with me. But no, my lunatic best friend drags me downtown, screaming about winning tickets off the radio, basically she kidnapped me and forced me here with her and Ashley, when I could have been at home taking a nap, or shopping at the mall, maybe online shopping could have sufficed as well...

"Hi there!"

I jumped at the sound of his voice. I was too busy looking at All Time Low's merchandise; I didn't even see the guy sitting behind the table! Was I really that absorbed in my own thoughts I couldn't see this guy? This extremely cute guy...

"Sweet Jesus you scared me," pause and catch breath, "never do that again!" I scolded him, clutching my hand to my chest.

He merely raised his eyebrows and chuckled while putting his hands up in surrender, "My bad, I'll never do it again."

"Are you mocking me?" I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him. And his attractive eyes. And nose ring.

"Pshh, who me? Nah." But as he said that he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I think you are." I narrowed my eyes at him and uncrossed my arms.

"Do you?" He questioned, uncrossing his arms and narrowing his eyes, leaning forward on the table.

"Yes, I do." I sniffed and lifted my chin in a haughty way. He smiled. It was an impish grin. Drool.

"Well, that's just great to know. I'm Vinny!" He extended his hand toward me. I looked down at his hand and slowly reached out and placed my much smaller hand into his. Just as I was going to pull my hand away, he brought it to his lips and placed a delicate kiss to the back of my hand.

I'm so glad I don't blush easy.

"Vinny, short for Vincent, am I correct?" I asked as I retracted my hand from his grasp. I looked around the room and saw Minnie and Ashley scoping out the Cobra Starship merch.

"Yep, sure is and I'm still waiting to hear your name." He gave me an expectant look. His accent sounds like he's from New York.

"Oh! How rude of me, I'm Noelle," at this point I did a bit of a curtsey which he laughed at. Oh that laugh. "So what are you?"

He looked puzzled, "I'm a merch...guy?" He answered, quizzically.

Minnie and Ashley spotted me and were headed over right now. Ashley looked awed for some reason. Strange...

"Yes clearly, I can see that. But the fault at hand is mine, what I meant to say is 'What ethnicity are you?'" Stupid stupid stupid. Nervous habit.

He looked at me oddly, "I'm Italian, are you always this smart sounding?" He turned to Ashley who just walked up, "Is she always this smart sounding?"

"Oh! No never. She only talks extra smart when she's arou-"

"Ashley! Please!" I cut her off before she could do any damage.

"Vinny Vegas!" Minnie squealed when she walked up to us. Vincent gave her a small 'Sup' and head nod. "Oh and don't mind Noelle and her smarticle-ness. She's only like that when-"

"Minnie..." I warned.

She glared at me, "She's only like that when she's around cute guys and she's nervous."

I closed my eyes in embarrassment and when I opened them I turned to Vinny who had a peculiar look on his face, almost like he just came up with a brilliant idea, "Don't mind Minnie, she doesn't know what she's talking about," I threw her a dark look and she grinned at me.

Ashley sensed that her sister was about to be pulverized, so she pointed to the Hey Monday merch booth and let out an 'Oh!'. She grabbed Minnie and dragged her away before I could lay a finger on her.

"So Noelle..." Vincent said to me pleasantly.

"Yes, Vincent?" I eyed him cautiously as he stood up from his seat. Tall. Well probably only around 5'11" but that's quite tall to someone who's short like me.

In one fluid motion, he jumped over the table that was separating us & stood right in front of me. I looked up at his face and his impish grin returned.

"Do I make you nervous Noelle?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Psh, who me? Nah," I said to him.

His eyes narrowed, but the grin never faded, "Are you mocking me?"

"Yes?" My voice came out small. Not helping.

"How very rude of you." He said and leaned back against the table, basically taking a seat, "and do you want to know what I think?"

"What do you think, Vincent?" I asked, crossing my arms. He mimicked the action.

"I think I'm making you nervous."

Ding. Brilliant idea just popped into my head.

"Do you?" I asked walking closer to him.

"Yes, I do." He replied watching my every move.

"Au contraire, Vincent," I murmured softly, standing between his legs now, "I think you are the one that's nervous."

Where did this confidence come from? Oh well, I'll use it while it lasts I suppose.

Vinny's eyes opened a little wider from my sudden burst of confidence. I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed. "Yeah?" He gulped, "Why do you think that?"

"Well for starters, your hands are slightly shaking," I took his hands in mine, barely speaking above a whisper. "And you're standing awfully still, like you're afraid to move. Your breathing is quite shallow. And last but not least, you're so nervous that you're trying to concentrate on one thing at a time & failed to notice that you have customers waiting for you." I let go of his hands and walked off to the side.

Vinny seemed to snap out of his daze and focused on his costumers then, "Oh, uh hi! Yeah sorry about that... Um, let me get that for you." He hopped over the table and got back to business mode, which caused a small smile to appear on my face.

"You SO love him!" Minnie whispered in my ear.

I rolled my eyes, "I do not love him, I think he's charming though."

"Give him your number!" Ashley squealed a little too loudly, which caused everyone in a 10 foot radius to look over at us. I smiled quickly at Vinny, who was smirking, and turned around.

"Be quiet! My goodness, you guys are over analyzing this. And aren't you like 10, Ashley?!" I retorted.

She scoffed, "I'm 12, get it right for once."

I had a tendency to think she's younger. It's quite bothersome to her, but what can I say? I have a horrid memory...When it comes to her age.

"Tish tosh!" Minnie said, waving her hand in dismissal, "Who cares how old she is," Ashley glared at Minnie, "What matters is that she's right, and you need to give the man your number!"

"Ugh! No! If the man wants to give me HIS number, he'll give it to me!" We were all speaking in hushed voices so that the man - I mean, Vinny - Wouldn't hear us.

"Who cares? Can we get back to the concert now?" Ashley asked impatiently, tapping her foot.

"No, Ashley. No." Minnie said sternly to her sister, grabbing her by the shoulders and slightly shaking her, "What if this is Noelle's only chance at true love?"

"Gosh, thanks a bunch Minnie..." I scowled at her.

"I meant that in the nicest way possible, Noelle!" She said earnestly. With her wide doe eyes, who wouldn't believe her?

I looked over towards Vinny and noticed he actually had a bunch of people in line waiting for his services. Taking a further look around the place, I saw that more and more people were trickling in. Well, there goes my only chance at true love. Gosh, I need to stop listening to Minnie so much.

"Come on guys; let's just go watch the rest of the concert." I said. It came out a bit sadder than I meant it too though. The sisters gave me sympathetic looks that I didn't really appreciate.

"Um actually..." I looked at Minnie who had a somewhat guilty look on her face, "I don't really feel like watching the rest of Fall Out Boy, do you wanna just go home instead?"

I nodded while Ashley somewhat agreed, "Fine, but what a waste of free tickets."

Minnie and I both groaned, "Shut up, Ashley!" I took one last look at Vinny, and then we were off to the car.

"You know, it's a shame." Minnie stated as we were walking.

"What is?" I questioned.

"You not hooking up with Vinny Vegas." At this I rolled my eyes, but she continued, "No, I'm serious! You could have totally been able to hook me up with Jack." She said, with fondness on her face.

"Yeah! And I could have had Alex!" Ashley put her 2 cent in.

"First of all, that's a horrible reason for me to...'hook up' with him. And doesn't Alex have a girlfriend? And isn't he like 10 years older than you?" I raised my eyebrow at Ashley.

"I don't see the point you're trying to make."

I sighed, "Never mind."

"Noelle! Wait! Sorry - Excuse me, Noelle!"

I turned around quickly and saw Vinny jogging to catch up with us trying to avoid running into people as he went. He abandoned his merch booth and about 15 costumers... Can merch guys get fired? Because if his boss comes out to check on him...

"Noelle," He said when he finally caught up to us, his breathing heavy from the sprint, "Were you really just going to up and leave without saying goodbye?"

"Uh, we'll meet you at the car okay?" Minnie said, grabbing Ashley's arm and pulling her away.

"You were busy, and I didn't want to get in the way..." I told him, hoping he wasn't going to pass out from the lack of oxygen, "Do you ever work out? I mean it really wasn't that far of a run and you're totally out of breath."

"I wouldn't normally say this to a girl’s face, but no. I don't work out," He replied, finally catching his breath.

"Right, well how do I know if you don't normally say things to a girls face? You travel from city to city and you could be pulling the same act on me you pull on every girl." I said indignantly, crossing my arms.

"Because you're not every girl and you know it," He gave me a stern look, his face softened and he uncrossed my arms and took my hands in his, "You're the only one out of how many girls that comes to these shows, the only one that gave me the time of day. The only one who actually spoke to me not on business purposes or asking about the band I work for." Minnie flashed through my mind and I had to stifle a giggle, "The only one who spoke to me like a person, and not some random guy who works for some band."

I looked down, and then back up at him, "You know, you're being incredibly cheesy right now, Vincent."

Vinny gave you that impish grin again, "I know, but I thought it was worth a shot. And I meant every word."

"Yeah, yeah I know. Now shut up and," pause. He looked excited. Hah, loser. "Give me your number." That wiped the smile off his face.

"I thought you were gonna say..." He looked disappointed as he took my phone from my hand and programmed his number in it, calling his phone, so that he'd have mine.

"Well considering I'm not every girl..." I muttered, a coy smile appearing on my face.

He handed my phone back with a laugh, "I'm calling you tonight, is that okay?" He asked, "And you have texting right?"

"Yes that is okay, and yes, I do have texting. But um, I have to go now, and you have a bunch of angry costumers waiting for you."

He looked over his shoulder at them, and alas, there was an angry mob sitting there glaring at us, "Ah who cares about them?" He smiled at me.

I smiled back, "I'll talk to you tonight," I let go of his hands and reached up grabbing the sides of his face softly, tiptoeing so I could reach properly, and kissed him on the cheek. I let my lips linger for a couple seconds before backing away.

He stood there staring at me, with that infamous impish grin, "Bye, Noelle."

"Bye, Vincent." I turned around and started walking to the car. When I got there, I had 4 expectant eyes staring at me, "...Yes?"

"What happened!?"

"Did you kiss him!?"

"Did you get his number!?"

"YES! I'm going to marry Alex Gaskarth!"

"Slow down! Goodness. Can we go to McDonalds? I'm hungry." I said to them. Cue the sad faces.

"That's it? You want food?" Minnie asked, starting the car and pulling away.

"Yes, I'm quite hungry..."

"But, but what about Vinny?!" Ashley cried.

"What about him?" I turned around to look at her and started laughing. She looked at me as if I were insane.

"Sorry I got a text... It tickled, gosh!" I opened up the text from 'Vincent<3'. How cute, he entered a heart next to his name.

Hey, guess what?

I texted back quickly, saying 'what? (:'.

"Who are you texting?" Minnie demanded, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Oh you know, just... this guy." I opened up the new text he sent me.

I think I'm in likes with you (=

I smiled so big, it felt like it would be permanent.

"Oh my gosh, she's texting him! Minnie, she's texting Vinny!" Ashley screamed.

"WHAT?! Are you going to tell us what happened or not?!"

"Why do you think we're going to McDonalds!? I'll tell you when we start eating!" I said to them excitedly, to which they cheered at.

I replied back to Vinny:

I think I'm in likes with you too... (:(:
♠ ♠ ♠
This was fun to write. I heart Vincent Petrocelli [:
& yes I realize it was cliche and predictable, but who currrs!

I'm going to be writing a follow up one shot to this story, so subscribe!

Oh & I hate doing this but... feedback?
Pweeeease?

Love yazzz<3