The Legend of the Manor House

The legend of the manor house

It was an eerie Halloween night, the night of trick or treat. My town has a rather strange legend about Halloween night. If you dress as a vampire, the vampires from the manor on the top of the cliff will come down from there resting place and take you to be one of them. But its just a silly legend. I personally am a skeptic of that particular legend so that year I decided that it would be fun to dress as one of them and visit the manor.
It was six o’clock at night, the time I was supposed to meet my friends for tick or treat. The wind was blowing my hair and cloke around whipping them frantically. It was already getting dark and eerie out. I was just standing there, waiting when I heard a crunch of leaves behind me. I spun around swiftly but saw nothing except the sidewalk and blowing leaves. I shrugged off the feeling of someone watching me and turned back around.
I started to get bored, antsy even as the darkness came. The wind started to whip and whirl even more than before. My heart started racing when I felt someone come up and grab me from behind. I screamed as I spun around so fast I lost my balance. As I fell to the ground I looked up frightened and saw who had grabbed me.
“Victor you can’t do that to me.” I Yelled at the boy standing over me.
“Sorry love, but I though your weren’t afraid at the legend?” he replied with a smile as he reached for my hand to help me up from ground.
“I’m not, you just startled me is all.” I said as I was put back on my feet.
“Sure.” Is all he said as he put his arm around my shoulder.
“Where is Lisa and your costume?” I asked.
“My house, your cell is off and I couldn’t reach you so I had to come and get you.”
“Oh sorry, its not off its dead but thanks.” I said kissing his cheek.
“Your welcome now come on its getting late and if we’re late for tick or treat I will be forced to kill you.” He said laughing.
“ok that’s not funny, that just mean.” I said with pout.
“Oh love it’s ok I would never kill you.”
“You better not cause if I’m dead how are you going to love me.” he just laughed and took my hand.
We walked back to his house talking about random things, what ever happened to pop into our heads at the time but mostly we talked about the legend. We reached Victors house and right when he was going to open the door it swung open to reveal a very hyper Lisa.
“Hey Lisa.” I said as she jumped on me knocking me over on my back. “Holy crap Lisa your heavy get off of me.”
“Sorry, hey wait I resent that!” she said getting up.
“Ok your not that heavy but if your ripped my dress I will have to hurt you.” I replied. I checked the dress and found it to be in order but something wasn’t.
“Do you know were Victor went?” I asked.
“I don’t know I guess to change.” she said. She went to the kitchen and yelled out to me. “Do you want a soda?”
“Yea please.” I replied shutting the door to the house.
I looked around the house and saw a lot of Halloween decorations. But nothing that even resembled anything to do with vampires. Lisa’s mom came into the room dressed as the bride or Frankenstein with her hair sticking straight up.
“Hello dear how are you this Halloween night?” She asked me setting down a bowl of candy.
“I’m fine Mrs. Marenor.” I replied.
“That’s good dear but don’t you think your taking a big rish by wearing that costume today of all days?” she asked.
“No I don’t’ believe in the silly legend, and I drove for an hour to get the costume so I’m going to wear it.” I said proudly.
“Ok dear, Victor should be down soon.” She said.
“ok thank you.” She nodded and walked away as Lisa came in with the sodas.
We waited for Victor in the living room and talked about how much candy we were going to get and in the middle of a sentence I could swear I heard someone calling my name but at nothing more than a whisper.
“Did you hear that?” I asked Lisa.
“Hear what?”
“Nothing, it was nothing.” I replied looking around. Wanting to change the subject I asked her “Do you want to go see what’s taking him so long?”
“Sure.”
We walked to the bottom of the steps hoping maybe he was in the hall looking in the mirror at himself but he wasn’t.
“Victor, love we need to go or we’ll be late for trick or treating.” I called up the stairs.
“I’ll be down in a minute.” He called back.
“God your worse than a girl, I don’t even take this long to get ready.” I called back at him.
“Yes you do now I’ll be down in a minuet and I really mean a minute so go wait in the living room.”
“Ok fine but I’m timing you.”
“Fine just go wait.”
“Ok fifty seconds and counting.”
“Are you really timing him?” Lisa asked.
“Actually, yes I am.”
“Oh wow, why?”
“I don’t know bored I guess.” I said looking down at my watch. “So what are you supposed to be?”
“A dark fairy.” she said doing a little curtsy.
“awesome.” I said then looked to the stair well. “Ten seconds left, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two one…”
“Ok, ok, don’t have a heart attack I’m right here.” he said turning the corner of the stairs. He looked amazing.
My mouth hit the floor. Victor was wearing the same exact outfit that Dracula had on in the movie Van Hellsing. His hair was tied up in a pony tail with only two strands on each side hanging off. He smiled at me and I saw the custom fit fangs that we had gotten together.
“Victor, you look fantastic.” I finally muttered out.
“Why thank you love I was going for sexy and mysteries and by your look I think I pulled it off.” He said smugly.
“That you did.” I said walking over to him. He pulled out a bouquet of dying black roses with a bat and fang necklaces attached. “Oh there so pretty.”
“Good now turn around so I can put one of the necklaces on you.” He said. I did as I was told and pulled up my hair. He latched the bat one on and I turned back around.
“Ok if you two are done being all mushy gushy can we go?” Lisa asked.
“Why of coarse my dear friend.” I said in a Transylvanian accent.
“You are starting to act like real vampires.” Lisa said.
“I know that’s the idea.” Victor replied.
“Ok lets just go.” She said walking out of the house with Victor and I following.
We went from house to house being warned by almost everyone to take off the costumes while we still can. We went to every house in town and saved the manor on the cliff for last. We approached the cliff ready to make the climb up the steep road. People watched as we walked up to the top.
“I’m scared.” Lisa finally confessed.
“I know I could tell I was just waiting for you to say it, you can go if you want I wont be mad as long as Victor stays.” I said.
“I will stay forever if you ask.” Victor said.
“Oh well that’s sweet and all but I’m leaving so see you back at the house…I hope.” She started to walk back as Victor and I walked toward the manor.
We reached the front gate of the manor. It was covered in dead vines and gargoyles on the pillars. The gate was unlocked so we went in closing the gate with a creak behind us. The house was very old, moss and dead vines going up the side and all over. Some of the windows were boarded up but bim light shined through reveling someone to be home.
We walked to the front door knocking with the large knocker but before we could even get the first knock in we heard someone behind us start to talk.
“Well hello there you are the first kids to venture up here.” A man with a Victorian style outfit said. I jumped around startled by the mans presents.
“well sir you see we wanted to prove the legend wrong and that we aren't scared.” I said as boldly as I could make it.
“Well you should be.” He said. “Oh I’m just kidding children come in please have a seat.”
“Thank you sir” Victor said sitting on the old dusty couch. My heart was racing. I looked around the dusty house. Cobwebs hung from every corner, spiders on every step of the banister, and my least favorite of them all rats crawling along the walls.
I grabbed onto victors arm tightly. The room was rather large, books lined the walls there were even some on the floors. A large fire place was standing in front of us with a roaring fire inside. There was a desk behind with a large chair behind it.
“Please tell me children what are your names.” the man asked us.
“I’m Victor and this is Sylindriel.” Victor answered.
“I’m Ruclend and this is my wife Lucinda.” He said gesturing to the female that had just entered the room. She too was in Victorian style cloths.
“Hello would you like anything?” She asked kindly.
“Nothing thank you.” I said. Victor looked like he was about to say something but I jabbed him in the ribs.
“Nothing thank you though.” Victor said.
“We normally don’t get visitors up here especially not ones in vampire costumes because of the legend.” Lucinda said.
“Yes well we aren’t afraid of some silly legend.” Victor said.
“Well maybe your should be there children and perhaps you should learn to tell the difference between a truth and I lie.” Ruclend said. My pulse skyrocketed through the roof.
“Are you telling us that you are um, vampires?” I asked almost at a whisper.
“Well I’m not saying we are or are not child.” Ruclend said.
“Ok um we are going to go now.” Victor said standing up.
“Your not going anywhere.” Lucinda said menacingly.
Victor grabbed my hand and ran to the door but it was blocked by Ruclend, we ran up the spiral stair case to the next floor only Lucinda was waiting there for us. We started to back away slowly when we ran into something. We turned around and came face to face with Ruclend. He smiled at me and leaned down swiftly biting my neck. I screamed but not for long. The room started to spin and the last thing I saw was Victor being bitted by Lucinda then I black out.
I awoke the next night next to victor in a large bed. I looked at him to find him still sleeping but he looked different, everything did. Everything was magnified and every sound was louder than ever before. I looked at my hand, I was much paler than before and so was Victor. Victor began to stir and started to freak out.
“Calm down children your fine your just vampires now.” Lucinda said calmly.
“Oh yea calm down, we’re vampires, you turned us into vampires!” Victor said.
“Well if you don’t fulfill the legend we die, its in the contract we signed with the Devil.” She said. “we live after death as long as we fulfill the legend so we’re sorry but you live here now” she left the room to us and I turned to Victor and smiled.
“look love I’m sorry but how can you smile we are vampires!” he said getting up.
“Baby look it’s what we wanted now we get to spend forever together.” I said.
“Hmm well I never thought about it like that” he said with a laugh.
“Well love that is because you never think.”
“Hey, I resent that” he said laughing and tackling me to the bed tickling me.
“And that my dear daughter is how your father I became vampires.” I said to the little girl sitting in my lap.
“Mommy tell me another.” She asked.
“No dear sorry but its time for little vampires to go to sleep.”
“ok mommy, tomorrow?” She asked.
“Yes little one tomorrow.” She jumped out of my lap and ran up the stairs with me following to tuck her into bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
rate and comment