Ringing in the Sane

Under Your Skin (or: Epilogue)

After I had fainted, I feel into a weird state of something like shock. I was awake, but I couldn’t seem to take in any information. I think I fell asleep as soon as someone helped me into the van. It was only around three or so hours later that I could finally process what I had seen. By that time, Pixie had already come up with a plan and we had all somehow managed to get way safely.

Except for one of us.

Desmond and Jared had killed each other.

Strangely, I don’t feel distraught with the fact. I think the only way he could really find peace was to die. He had been through too much in too short a time, and I don’t think he could handle it anymore.

I think that when he got that final call from Desmond, and when he was driving back to that abandoned house, he knew he was going to die.

That was why he was so calm.

We had a memorial for him a few weeks ago. We couldn’t give him a proper funeral because Pixie had set up his body and everything to make it seem that Jared was to blame for everything. I also think that Pixie knew that Jared was going to be killed, because all his arrangements were too good to be made up in a few hours.

To be honest, I have no idea what I’m going to do with my life, and it seems neither do the others.

But somehow I think we’ll work it out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you thank you thank you for reading!
A big special warm hug to Lizzie because she is absolutely spiffy in a million ways, and I dedicate this story to her.