The Yule Ball and Confessions

1/1

The atmosphere outside the boy’s dorm was hectic. Couples were walking in and out of the Great Hall with swift speed. Girls were checking their appearances anywhere were they could to make sure their looks were impeccable. Boys were loosing up their robes and smoothing our wrinkles on their under shirts. In the midst of it, were two nervous teenage boys.

“I can’t do this Harry!” Ron exclaimed nervously. “Look at my robes. Look at them!”

“I see them,” Harry said cautiously picking his words. Anything that Harry said wrongly could end up ruining Ron’s night more than it had already been. “I expect yours is more traditional.”

“Traditional!” Ron said outraged. “They’re ancient.”

“It’ll be fine Ron,” Harry reassured him. “Tonight will be over before you know it. Nobody will be paying attention to what everybody’s wearing. They’ll be too busy wondering who’s with who. Trust me.”

Ron sighed. He knew what Harry said was true, but it didn’t really make him feel any better than before. “I know. It’s just that..that’s not really why I’m so upset over the whole Yule Ball,” Ron finished. His face had turned a scarlet red much like the color of his hair.

Harry was confused. “What is it Ron? What’s wrong with Padma? She’s a nice girl. What’s got your wand in a knot?”

Ron turned in even darker shade then before. It was safe to say his face matched the color of a Gryffindor banner. “I sorta didn’t really want to go with Padma,” he mumbled out quickly.

“That’s it Ron? Oh, well, this night will go by quickly,” Harry said awkwardly. “Well, who did you want to take?”

Ron gave Harry an incredulous look. “Are you serious mate?”

Harry looked around. “Yeah.”

Ron looked down on the ground and everywhere else except Harry’s face. He mumbled out a couple of words that made no sense to Harry.

“What?” Harry asked.

“I said that I would have liked to go to the Yule Ball with Hermione!” Ron yelled out.

Harry braced himself for that. He knew that Ron and Hermione always had something for each other, but he didn’t know how long it would be until the truth came out. He would be the one stuck in the middle. “Oh.. Well.. I’m sure she would have loved to go with you,” Harry finished lamely.

“Shut up,” Ron said still red in the face, but with a smile on his face.

The two boys laughed it off while continuing to get ready for the ball. Both boys didn’t know what would happen in the future, but along as they were still friends, anything was possible.