As You Wish.

Are We Going Out?

"Be my Prince Charming?" Sophia asked the boy slowly, letting a soft sigh fall from her pillowly lips as she snuggled closer into his chest. The warmth radiating off of his body was like home, like the sun rising, like seeing the ocean for the first time, like staring up into the stars as they were now.

Sophia did not fret when the boy did not answer immediately, simply content with feeling the steady rhythm of his chest rising and lowering with every sweet breath he took. His strong arms held her together, giving her the warmth and security she needed to live.

He'd always had a way with words, and with having so many available, liked to pick just the right ones. So as she breathed him in, she waited silently for the beautiful letters that formed beautiful words, that would form the beautiful sentence she knew would make her heart soar.

"As you wish, Princess." He said softly after a moment, his voice as sweet a dozen roses. Strong like the sword he bared, and true like his character. Sophia was in nirvana, heaven, in place where it was just She and He, and that was enough for her.


Sophia Darling sat up in her large four poster bed, a sweat upon her forehead despite the fact that her thick duvet was resting on the foot of her bed and the only thing upon her was a thin sheet tangled upon her legs. Her ears began to ring because of sitting up to fast, she put a hand to her head to try and stop the spinning, murmuring something of a head rush.

Once able to see straight, Sophia slouched lazily as she looked upon her room - an action that would have resulted in scolding if her mother had been in her presence - hardly able to make anything out due to the lack of light.

Sophia closed her violet eyes and took a breath, What a peculiar dream, she thought. It made no sense to her, but then again, it was a dream. They were not real, hardly held any accurate information, and frankly, somewhat messed with your head. A soft knock at her door caused her to open her eyes.

After calling for the person to enter, her maid Maybelle walked in with her fresh sheets. "Good morning Princess." She said politely before setting down the sheets on the cushioned bench at the end of her bed. Sophia smiled in recognition and watched as Maybelle began to open her large curtains.

Rays of light began seeping into the room, illuminating her large suite. Her elegant bedroom was one of the largest in the entire palace, though she rarely spent any time in it. Unless of course, she was out on her stone balcony looking out into the garden.

And if she wasn't looking at the garden, she was wandering in its tangle of paths. Taking in the sweet smell of the apple orchards the breeze brought in from the west, watching the dizzy bees wobble from flower to flower, and grazing her fingers along the top of the water as she watched the timid koi fish swim around.

Amaterasu, her home, was an island so small that by looking at most maps it was nearly impossible to find. Surrounded by the salty waters of the pacific ocean, oddly enough Amaterasu's weather resembled that of Europe. Warm summers, and cold winters.

"Princess, Her Highness the Queen has called for you to be down in the dinning hall for breakfast in an hour. Would you like me to draw you a bath?" Maybelle asked Sophia after finishing opening her blinds. Sophia nodded, and with that Maybelle disappeared into the bathroom.

Sophia swung her legs to the side of the bed, shifting herself so she could stand up and stretch her tired limbs. Her long brown hair, currently held in a single French braid bounced against her back as she spread her arms out and yawned. She was thankful that it was only August, meaning it was still warm out and she was still able to wear light clothing to bed. Silently padding toward her bathroom, her silk camisole night gown swished lightly from side to side.

Sophia was normal height for a seventeen year old, tall enough to be called graceful and lean, yet short enough when it came to standing next to men. She had long, lean legs, olive colored like the rest of her body. Sophia was thin, but not shockingly so. Thin nude colored lips graced her face, along with a ski slop nose, and bright violet eyes. She had high cheek bones that were naturally pink, all and all looked like a Princess.

She entered her bathroom to find Maybelle adjusting her bath water. Sophia's bathroom was an oddly shaped pentagon room, the center held a classic claw footed tub to which everything else seemed to center around. There was one large window covered in white curtains to prevent any peeping toms, a sink against the far wall, as well as a vanity, a toilet, and a separate shower.

"Not too hot, not too cold, just the way you like it Princess." Maybelle smiled as she set a fresh towel on the rack, "I'll leave you to it then." She said after curtsying briefly, then walking toward the door, closing it behind her as she left Sophia for herself.

Sophia pulled her camisole off her back, dropping it on the floor so it pooled in a pile of silk. Reaching behind her, she tugged on the ribbon holding her soft hair together. Throwing the ribbon aside, she gently shook out her hair, appreciating the loose feeling as she ran her hands through it. The brown strands cascaded down her shoulders like a silent waterfall, unusually waved due to the braid.

Hesitantly, Sophia stepped into the bath. The water was just as Maybelle promised, just the way she liked it. Many things were just the way she liked it, being a Princess and all, it was something that just happened to come with the title. Sophia wouldn't mind her bath being a little cold though, or her morning tea a little bland, or her hair a bit out of place.

Sophia wouldn't mind, but her mother certainly would.

Lowering herself in the water, Sophia let a soft sigh escape from her lips as her eyes drooped and the warm water enveloped her body. The heat caressed her skin softly, giving her the warm feeling she should have connected with an earlier occurrence. But since she did not, she just focused on breathing in the warm air.

Taking a breath, Sophia closed her eyes tighter and submerged her head in the water. A comfortable pressure fell upon her, the weight of her hair becoming the feeling of a feather as it danced in the water. The water made her feel so weightless, so free, so stress free.

Resurfacing, Sophia rested her head on the edge of the tub. Taking a few breaths as she began to wash herself, remembering she only had an hour before she needed to be at breakfast. And to her mother, being a Princess meant being on time, always.

After washing herself thoroughly, Sophia stepped out of the tub and onto the tiled floor soaking wet. Quickly grabbing the towel, she tried to dry herself off before the puddle of water on the floor got any bigger. In all honesty she didn't need too, knowing that the maids would take care of everything but she liked to make things as stress free as possible. Once dry, she put on the undergarments that were put on her vanity for her, and then walked out into her room in only her bra and underwear. Waiting to dress her was Maybelle and her other maid, Esme.

It was common for a Princess to have a helping hand when it came to anything, be it dressing, bathing, or even waking up in the morning. Up until the age of thirteen, Sophia had one of her maids wash her, until she decided that she wanted to bath time to be an alone time of some sort. They still dressed her though, be it tradition.

Sophia's clothes were always picked out for her by her royal stylist -if you could be so candid- named Mae. She had a lovely point of view when it came to clothes, always making sure her matches were elegant, sophisticated, and form fitting. As Sophia approached the bed were her clothes were resting, however, she noticed that her outfit of choice was not the usual day dress. Instead it was a dress that should be wore if they were visiting someone, what with the corset, the more expensive cloth, and the intricate designs of the entire outfit.

Both of her maids curtsied as she approached them, "What's this?" Sophia asked curiously as she touched the clothes gently.

"Clothes for the day Miss." Esme answered.

"Am I going somewhere?" Sophia asked as she backed away from the bed so they could begin dressing her. Neither of the maids answered her, so she assumed that they hadn't a clue. Beginning with the corset, they tightened it around her torso to the point where if it was any tighter, she might not be able to breathe.

"How's that Princess?" Maybelle asked after she finished lacing the corset, moving to grab the next bit of clothing that would be put on Sophia.

Sophia sighed lightly, arms out, "Perfect." She murmured.

Maybelle and Esme pulled a thin under dress over her head, and then the actual dress, which was surprisingly light despite the length. They helped her into a pair of tights that resembled her skin color so well that it might have been see through. Then placing her in her simple flats that would be hidden by the dress anyways, they sat her down so they might do something with her hair.

After drying it, they delicately designed it so her brown hair was curled and was styled in a beautiful updo, with a few strands framing her face and a gold band for decoration. Sophia was confused though, on most days he hair was let loose, or braided. The only time anything special was done was if she was going somewhere.

"Why am I being prepared as if I'm going out?" Sophia wondered.

Esme smiled, "Princess should want to look her best today."

Sophia's eyebrows began to crinkle in confusion, but she stopped the action knowing that he mother once told her it made her face ugly, "Whys that?"

Maybelle and Esme exchanged a secretive smile, "We mustn't tell."

Sophia pursed her lips, clearly upset by not being let in on the secret. But she didn't push the subject any further, knowing that she would figure it out sooner or later. After being deemed presentable by her trusted maids, Sophia was pushed out of her room and told to hurry down the stairs so her mother would not be cross the rest of the day.

Descending down the stairs, Sophia made sure to smile at all the maids and butlers running around. They all seemed a bit extra busy today, and she hoped not to get into their way. She wondered what had them all looking so rushed and flustered. It was still early in the morning, no later than ten, and yet they were all acting as if it was parade day.

Sophia walked slowly from the foyer towards the dinning hall, her dress sweeping the granite floor gently. She was sure that by the end of the day the ends would be dirty, especially after she takes her usual walk through the garden. She still found the dress unnecessary, unless of course her mother had forgotten to mention todays activities to her. Which was a possibility, mother liked to share only what she wanted.

As she neared the dinning hall, she heard voices floating. Assuming it was just her mother and father, she didn't take much notice. Until she heard the voice of an older woman. Slowing her already slow pace, she was surprised to hear several unfamiliar voices coming from the dinning hall. Timid, she crept closer to the door. It wouldn't be surprising to know her mother decided not to tell her of guests, it was so like her after all. Surely enough, once Sophia entered the hall, there were four extra people sitting at the table, as well as her parents, equaling six people total.

All eyes were on her as she entered, the conversation fading quickly. Soon the sound of chair being pushed away from the table filled the room as everyone sat up to greet her.

"Sophia love, there you are." Her mother said sweetly, almost uncommon coming from her unless she was in the presence of someone she wanted to think highly of her. Making Sophia wonder what these strangers meant to her, "We've been waiting for you." Her mother continued as she glanced at her guests, "We have visitors."

Well yes mother, I noticed. Sophia thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the best match I could find for what I imagine Sophia's palace to look like [X]

How am I doing? Comments?

Roux.