As You Wish.

Into the Labyrinth.

The morning was bright, with clear, crystal blue skies and thick pillowy clouds looming above the people of Amaterasu. The air was crisp, the scent of rain ever present among the blades of grass. You could hear the almost silent sounds of water running over rocks, the still chirping of birds in nearby trees and rustling of leaves as the held to their branches.

It was warm, making it too perfect of a day for Sophia to be outside. She didn't mind giving the two Malloy children a tour, not in the slightest, she was just far too confused. Her head was full of ceaseless questions, some that were trying to break their way out, their only goal to get an answer.

But Sophia Darling was a Princess, and Princesses must accept the fact that sometimes things are beyond their knowledge, and are that way for a reason. A reason that Princesses mustn't question or confuse.

"This is the garden," Sophia began, letting her hands grazed the soft petals of a nearby rose bush, "It's one of my favorite places. The garden consists of a large field, for recreation, a butterfly garden, a rose garden, a labyrinth, many fountains as well as several gazebos and swings." She said, love filling her voice as she spoke of the place.

Olivia and Jack trailed behind the Princess, taking in the sights and smells around them. Both of them had to admit that the garden was beautiful, Jack thought of the archery and fencing he could get done on the field, whilst Olivia, on the other hand, no matter how beautiful the garden may be, was thinking of the palace, how magnificent it was and how she wished to be inside being waited on.

"Gardeners tend to the garden everyday," Sophia said, "Trimming, cleaning and simply keeping the garden kept."

Sophia never realized how rehearsed and proper she sounded. After twelve years of being told how to talk, it was almost as if she had a script. Her voice wasn't natural anymore, it was robotic. When she was younger, smiles were always present on her face. She had the cutest pair of dimples, and now, you hardly ever saw them. When she did smile, it never reached her eyes, never was bigger than polite and never showed true happiness.

"Princess," Olivia called timidly, glancing at her brother, "Though I would love to accompany you as well as my brother on the tour of the palace, the trip here this morning was awfully long, if you don't mind, might I go inside and find my sleeping arrangements so I may get some rest? Perhaps?" She asked.

Jack looked at his sister in confusion, one of the first expressions to grace the boys face since arriving. The Princess turned toward the girl, raised eyebrows in surprise.

"Oh," Sophia said, feeling almost sad for she thought she had lost the interest of Olivia, "Alright, if you wish."

Olivia curtsied and turned toward the palace, throwing a knowing glance toward Jack before beginning to make her way toward indoors. Sophia stood hesitantly in place for a moment, and then glanced at Jack briefly, "Well, I suppose we should carry on with the tour." She said slowly, turning away.

As she began to walk forward, Jack's hand suddenly shot out and took grasp of her wrist, causing her to spin and balk at the frankness of the boy who had yet to speak a word. Sophia was surprised at the way Jack had touched her, it was almost appalling at the way he had taken hold of her.

"Pardon me Princess." Came the first words Sophia heard escape his lips as he released his hands, "But might you show me your favourite fountain in the garden?" Jack asked, smiling a boyish side smile for reassurance. His voice was both soft and strong, a certain confidence gracing his words.

Sophia swallowed, stepping back a smidge to try and assess her situation. For one, she just noticed how unbelievably attractive Jack was. For two, she was rarely asked about her favourite places, much less her interests. And for three, she wondered what her mother would want her to do.

Considering Jack was her guest, her mother would be much more upset if she had refused to do what the boy asked, rather than upset that she chose to be alone with him... so timidly, Sophia agreed, and the pair made their way toward Sophia's favourite fountain... which was nestled conveniently in the center of the labyrinth.

The two walked in silence. Jack's hands in his trousers, his head bowed and he shielded his eyes from the sun, whilst Sophia hand her hands folded in front of her, her eyes wandering along the continuous line of shrubs they passed. Neither of them were aware of the four pair of eyes currently watching them as then maneuvered their way to the garden... or the fact that they were chatting animatedly about them as we speak.

"Where are they headed then?" Stephen asked, bringing his cup of tea to his lips as he watched the two teenagers walk.

"Looks as if their headed toward the labyrinth." Rosalinda said, dissecting every movement her daughter made.

"And whats in there?" Lucinda asked from her seat, craning her neck so she might be able to catch a glimpse of her nephew and the Princess.

"Sophia's favourite fountain."

"Curious." Charles said, "You think Jack will ask her there?"

Lucinda fanned herself, "Jackson always liked to make the ladies more comfortable, if this fountain is the Princesses favourite place, it is quite possible that my nephew plans to ask her today, in a matter of moments." She said in all certainty, looking toward the door as footsteps sounded. Soon, Olivia was walking into the study which held all four adults.

"There you are Olivia, come have a seat next to me, beautiful job leaving the two of them alone." Lucinda said gingerly, patting the space next to her.

Olivia curtsied, taking a seat, "Thank you Lady Lucinda, Jack seemed rather confused at my abrupt leaving, but I take it he got the hint rather quickly." She said, taking the cup of tea her aunt offered to her, "Have my eyes mistaken me, or did I see him grasp her wrist moments after my leaving?"

"Your eyes have not mistaken you dear," Rosalinda assured, "He did indeed touch my daughter... I do wish we were able to hear what they were saying." She murmured as she gazed mindlessly at her heir.

But even if the Queens wish was granted, it would go to no use, for Jackson and the Princess were both overcome with silence. The pair made their way through the tangle of the labyrinth, and it was a good thing that Sophia had the maze memorized, for if not, they would have surely been lost by now.

To say the least, Sophia was even more curious now as she wandered through the thick mass of greenery with the new stranger. He didn't say much, but then again, neither did she. She supposed that it was just peculiar that he wasn't asking constant questions, most boys who visited the palace couldn't keep their mouths shut. Which immediately made Sophia lose all interest in them. But Jackson was particularly quiet, and it was somewhat intriguing.

Among all the lefts and rights, Sophia and Jack finally ended up in the middle of the labyrinth. Coming into view was Sophia's favourite three tiered fountain. Made of dark metal, the soothing sounds of the water falling grasped your attention and held on to it for dear life.

With all the grace and beauty that took Sophia nearly twelve years to master, she walked to the fountains edge, hands folded in front of her and she gazed into the depths of the water. Few koi fish tickled the surface of the blue, swimming away quickly as Jack joined next to her, bending down to graze the edge of the water with his fingertips before standing straight and folding his hands behind his back.

They stood in silence for a moment, watching the fish and the trickling for the water... until Jack began, "Princess?" He asked quietly, to which Sophia looked up at him, "I have a question for you.."

Is that so? I was wondering when the questions would come. Sophia thought softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
[x] Jackson Malloy

I hoped that this chapter would be a little more promising.
So how did I do? More details? Less?
FEEDBACK MOFOS!
...just kidding, comments please?

Jack's hot huh? That's Gaspard Ulliel.
Mmmh, french! x]

Loves, Roux.