As You Wish.

A Royal Engagement.

Jack lead Sophia to a nearby bench, willing her to have a seat as he began to pace back and forth slowly a few feet in front of her. Sophia’s stared at the boy in curiosity and confusion, wondering what was traveling through the boys mind at present.

“Jack…” Sophia tried hesitantly, but he simply held up a finger, indicating she give him a moment. Sophia held her lips tightly together, having no other choice but to watch as the boy turned toward the fountain, hands behind his back.

It was then, as he faced away from her, that he began to speak, “You’re a Princess,” He stated, “and I’m the nephew of a high class lady.” Jack paused, looking over his shoulder slightly and then turning away, “I suppose you’re wondering why my family has come here.” He began another subject, his tone changing slightly, “And to get the straight to the point, it’s because we’re meant to be married.” His voice said his head lifting slightly as he looked at the sky. His voice was strong, rather nonchalant, and why not? He’s known of this for a while.

Sophia’s back stiffened at the word marriage, she was seventeen, she should have guessed that the time she be assigned a husband would be soon. After all, it was ridiculous to ever think that a young Princess was to rule a country on her own. However, she was disappointed with herself, for not seeing it sooner, for not understanding…? She didn’t know, but the emotion was thick in her veins.

“And though you have a right to say no, I’m to understand that you know what is right for our country.” Jack said, turning to face Sophia, “I’d help you Princess.” He said, looking at a nearby flower bush, “I’d be there for you, that you have my word.”

Sophia sat, her eyes fixed on the boy, her mouth slightly agape as she tried to comprehend what was happening. As she put all the pieces together, Jack took her silence as a sign to continue. He took two large steps forward, and then took her hands in his. Sophia’s eyes watch him, as he knelt down, releasing one of her hands to reach in his coat pocket… pulling out one gold ring.

The ring, with sunlight shinning down upon it, was pure beauty. With a gold band, one single white pearl with several violet gems surrounding it’s sides, made Sophia’s eyes dance as her attention was completely consumed with the loveliness of the jewel.

“Sophia Scarlet Darling,” Jacks voice said as he knelt before her, willing Sophia to pry her eyes away to look into those of Jack’s bluish-green ones, “Will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
[x] The ring.
Just an FYI, this whole thing is supposed to be moving fast.
What with the proposal and all that.

Sorry it was short, if it was any longer there would have been too much information.
Loves, Roux.