As You Wish.

Hardly a Gentlemen.

Sophia let out a breath off air, looking away from the ring to stare at something else. Her thin lips set into a pout as she blinked, trying to make sense of what was going on. There Jack knelt, his hand holding out a ring to her waiting for her answer, and all she could do was look away.

Her jaw tightened, "I suppose I don't have much of a choice." Sophia said curtly, choosing not to make eyes contact with the boy.

A breeze swept through the trees, rustling Sophia's hair, causing her to squint as she let the thought of marriage settle in her mind. It was sad that things had to happen this way, arranged marriages. But it was something Sophia had grown up around, something that couldn't be argued.

"Now, now." Jack said thoughtfully, "Why think of it that way?" He said, twisting the ring around his fingers as he thought of ways to gain back the Princesses attention. "You're going to be queen when you turn nineteen, surely you don't want that burden placed upon yours shoulders alone." Jack tried.

That only made Sophia's jaw tighten even more, there were many things that she wished to say, but years of etiquette classes taught her better. "Is it hard to believe that perhaps I was hoping that my betrothed would be less of a stranger and more of... I don't know, someone I was more acquainted with?" Sophia said in a rushed, yet low tone.

Jack raised an eyebrow, yet Sophia was still turned away, unable to see the gesture, "Is that so? Well tell me Princess, how many eligible men are you acquainted with?" Sarcasm was thick on his tongue, as well as amusement. And he was partially right, Sophia knew eligible men, but none could ever be considered anything more than stranger.

And yet, Sophia was surprised at the way the boy was speaking to her. She was keeping herself in the most polite manner she could considering the situation as he went along asking questions and intruding his barrier, crossing the line if you will. His attitude wasn't appreciated, and this would have to be the first time anyone had every talked to her in such a way.

Sophia fumbled with the skirt of her dress, straightening her back, "It would seem that, that topic of conversation is not nor ever will be any of your business Mister Malloy." Sophia said, suddenly uncomfortable with the position she was in, she was getting flushed and she wanted nothing more than for Jack to take a few steps back.

"Jack." He corrected, throwing her a wide grin, "And as for what is and what is not my business, it could very well be of my concern if you would give me an answer." Jack taunted, lifting the ring to catch Sophia's attention for not only a minute before she looked away again.

Sophia pursed her lips, "You've forgotten that I've already given you answer enough, Jack." She said, glancing at him briefly, "I'm to believe that if you really are suitable to be my husband that you are gentlemen enough not to make me repeat myself." She said, shifting slighting on the stone bench upon which she sat.

A lop sided grin formed itself on Jack's face, "On the contrary Princess, what if I told you I wasn't such a gentlemen?" He asked, earning an uncomfortable side glance from Sophia as she tried to remain without eye contact, "What if I told you I wanted to hear you say it?" He said slowly, clearly getting amusement at how uncomfortable his pushing words were making the Princess.

Sophia was indeed getting flushed, Jack was proving to be both immature and arrogant. If her parents really believed that she was to marry something who spoke only to watch the person squirm then they were sadly mistaken, this would never happen. But as she gave that a second thought, she realized that whatever her parents decided could not be tampered with, especially just because of how Sophia felt.

Sophia turned to face the boy still kneeling in front of her, her eye brows knitted together as she looked at him, "Pardon me?" She asked, "Surely you are not asking me to do something for you." She spat harshly, "Now if you were the gentlemen you should be, maybe, but no Mist- Jack, not while you kneel before me and ask for my hand in marriage will I be the one to do something for you. You must take what you've got and be merry with it." Sophia said, frustration raging through her veins as Jack continued to smile pleasantly at her.

"You have a bit of a temper don't you?"

"I have no patience for arrogant men like yourself." Sophia seethed, "I am a lady, a Princess no less, thus deserving an amount of respect from someone as unknown as you."

Jack let out a laugh, "Oh a Princess are you?" He asked, "And how would your mother feel if she heard her little Princess calling the man whom she hand picked out especially, arrogant?" Jack taunted, Sophia's cheeks flushing, "I don't think she would like that very much would she?" Sophia let out deep breath of air, undeniably flustered.

"Your despicable." She sneered.

Jack flashed her another wide grin before taking grasp of her hand, despite Sophia's struggle, taking the ring and placing it on her finger. It fit perfectly, to say the least. Sophia stared wide eyed, mouth agape as Jack ran his fingers over the jewel, looking at it for a while before returning his eyes to Sophia's, taking in the peculiar violet colour, Jack smiled at her tauntingly.

"Actually," He said, "I'm your fiance."