Status: This story is still being written. Please bare with me.

I couldn't help it

Chapter One

“He’s so beautiful.” I couldn’t take my eyes off him. I never, in a million years, would have thought that something so completely perfect, could exist. I kept studying his face, repeatedly. His breathtaking green eyes, black ringlets that framed his face.. I was amazed, astounded, overwhelmed, by his beauty, and angelic presence.

What made this even better? He came from me. Connor James. My five-hour-old son.

“He is beautiful. Isn’t he?” The voice came from the doorway. I looked up, and she stepped closer into the hospital room.

“I’m so proud of you. You are so young, but you made these past nine months look so easy. How did you do it?”

“Well, I had an incredible mother there to help.” I looked meaningfully, at my mom, and gave a grateful smile. “What I want to know is, how on earth, did I make something like him?”

“Well, generally dear… When two people truly love each other…” She didn’t get to finish that statement, because she had to catch the pillow I had thrown at her.

Laughing, she replied, “You know, I’m only kidding. If you didn’t know how sex worked by now, then well… it's a little too late.” Her face suddenly grew serious. “Carrie, I thought the same thing, when I held you for the first time. How could I make something so amazing?”

I smiled, and went back to looking at the little boy cradled in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this first chapter is kind of short. I'm trying to get a feel for this website, and this is my first story. Anyways, comments?