Status: This story is still being written. Please bare with me.

I couldn't help it

Chapter Nine

The next day at school was really hard. I didn't leave right away from the baby-sitter's house, which only gave me more time to see Connor cry. Apparently, he suffers from separation anxiety, which I never realized, because before yesterday, I had never left him. I wanted to stay and comfort him. Maybe, if he knew I was coming back, he wouldn't be so upset about me leaving. But it didn't work. He latched onto me, and Maria had to pry him off. She urged me to go to school. But on the way there, I cried.

I guess you could tell that I'm a first-time mother. I was so new at all of this. I knew that Connor would calm down. I knew that this was only a phase in his life, and he would grow out of it. I knew that there would be times when I would have to 'get over it', and do the things I needed. But it didn't matter. It still doesn't. I just want Connor happy. I don't want to see him cry. I don't want him hurt. And I especially don't want to be the one hurting him. He's my son, and I want him happy.

I was standing at my locker, putting my books away, and tears were flowing out of my eyes. I looked over to the right, and saw her, again. She was talking to another girl, in the hall. I didn't really take notice of that girl, because 'Miss Evans' caught my eye, again. She was standing there, staring back at me. She had stopped talking to her friend. I don't know what it was about her, but everytime, I saw her, I couldn't stop looking.

"Ouch!" One of my books had fallen out of the locker, and onto my foot. I bent to pick it up, and looked back at the spot that she had been standing in. But she was gone. Her friend was still there, and she was now staring at me. Only her lips were curved into a smirk. Like dropping a book on my toe, had amused her or something. Or maybe, the smirk was for another reason. I couldn't be sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you noticed that the title was changed, then it's because my story was reported. Someone said the title was 'decorated'. I didn't think anything was wrong with it, but also didn't want the story suspended. Anyways, Comments?