Status: Not Updating Until I Get Comments

Last Summer

Five;

I could feel the sun shining through French doors across the room. I opened my eyes slowly, trying to adjust them to the light that was flooding in. All I could see was the whiteness of the ceiling above. Blinking, I turned my head to the left and my eyes came in contact with the small alarm clock that sat on the wooden nightstand. The big red numbers read 8:43.

Taking in the digits, I let my head fall back on the pillow. I closed my eyes back up, trying to force myself to sleep just for a couple more hours but my body told me otherwise. Ten minutes later I was up out of the soft comforter and standing in front of my massive closet, my clothes barely fitting half the space provided.

Deciding on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, I made my way over to my bathroom and started doing all of my daily activities, skipping out on a shower since I took one last night.

Taking a good look at myself in the mirror I noticed I was looking paler than usual. Well, I am at the beach so I may as well go lay out and attempt to get a tan later. Maybe I'll ask Maddie if she wanted to join me.

Oh Maddie! I almost forgot I had to meet her later. I guess it was a good thing I didn't sleep those extra hours. I rushed into the other room and pulled my clothes on, making sure to slip my shoes on before leaving my room.

Walking downstairs, I realized my parents still weren't awake considering the low amount of noise in the house. I found the piece of paper mom had used yesterday to write the note informing me where she and dad were at. Finding a pen next to it I decided to make a note of my own.

Setting the pen back down next the my note, I grabbed the car keys the were on the counter already and headed down to Wind And Wave to see what Maddie was up too.

[&&&]

The sun was beating down hard, a coat of sweat covering my nose. I opened the door to Wind And Wave and was greeted with a gust of wind from the air conditioner that was placed over the door when summer started. I glanced over the store and finally spotted Maddie by the surfboards, cleaning off dust that collected on them from overnight.

"Maddie, hey," I said to attract her attention. She glanced up from the brightly colored surfboard and smiled. "Hey!" she exclaimed, gaining attention from the few shoppers there. She briskly walked over and placed the cloth that she was using on the counter, small specks of dust flying around the air.

"My shift for the morning is just about over so I'll go sign out and meet you in the front," she told me and without letting me reply walked over toward the back to go check herself out.

Turning on my heel, I walked near the door, making sure to stay out of the way for the customers that were leaving and entering the store. Many people were coming in, I guess since summer started everyone needed a new swimsuit or surfboard.

"Ready?" I heard, Maddie coming up from behind me. Nodding my head we headed outside, back into the scorching sun. We decided on just taking my car since we were just going up the road to eat. Sliding in the seat, the leather was hot, warming up my skin to a new degree. Quickly turning on the car I blasted the air, my hair going everywhere.

Backing out, made my way down the street.

[&&&]

The restaurant was small and secluded. Not very many people were there so I guess it wasn't very known around town. We settled down on a booth, the seats torn slightly and writing covered some parts of the tabletop. Our orders consisted of burgers and fries, not many meal choices on the menu. The beach was right in our view, people out surfing, girls laying on the sand working on their tan, and small children building sandcastles like their was no tomorrow.

"Wow, I love how everyone and their mom just gawks and doesn't think he has eyes," I heard Maddie say. Looking over at her I saw her looking out the window. Following her gaze, my eyes landed on none other that Nick Jonas. She was right, girls left and right were staring down the boy, watching him wax his surfboard, probably getting ready to get into the water. It was a pretty funny sight to watch though because you could tell he was enjoying it, seeing him smirk from the corner of my eye.

"Hey, how do you feel about going down to the beach?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow finally updated. School's out for me so that means more updates :)
Sorry Nick STILL isn't in the story but next one, he will!
I have 30 subscribers so I better see some comments! :)