Status: not completed,, maybe won't be for a looooooooong time

Time - Love goes beyond all sciences

Him

He reached out with his hand and I shook it. He was nice. But wait a second! His hand wasn’t hot to me like every human’s skin! And there was no warm heat running through his body. No blood. And I couldn’t feel his pulse. No…heartbeat?

»Who…Who are you? « I whispered.

I stopped breathing. Not that I cared. I didn’t need air. But the shock felt as if I still had blood and adrenalin being released in that blood.

And then I saw it. His eyes weren’t mortal. I saw the red dots in these blue eyes. The same I have. The same Jessie has. And the same my father has. The same every vampire has.

And his skin was also pale. Pale, because there was no blood to give it colour. No blood to warm it.

He was a vampire.

»I am Tristan Kerby. Oh, and don’t panic«

I saw Jessie frown as she heard my thoughts spinning around this boy.

»What is your diet? « I asked.

There was a warning tone in my voice; A very warning tone. I snarled.

ANSWER! I thought.

Jessie backed away from Tristan when she heard my thoughts. She knew where I was going and she didn’t want to stand by this boy: The danger.

»Animal blood, I really like the blood of polar bear’s. Tastes delicious«
I relaxed.

He was one of us. Good. Jessie seemed to also have held her breath, because her cheeks became redder, than a second ago and her face wasn’t as pale anymore. She needed air.

»Why are you here? «

»I live here since yesterday. Does this answer your questions? Why don’t you just ask your sister? Since she can read all of my thoughts« he threw at my face. His last sentence was like a slap.

»How…“ Jessie breathed.

»Do you think I’m an idiot? I saw how you read the answer out of the teacher’s mind. And how you made Thomas think his girlfriend cheats on him. You controlled his mind«

He said it as if he commented on the colour of her jersey. I could only stare.

»You…you can read the vampires talents« I stated the fact.

Suddenly he stepped to Jessie and kissed her; Very passionately.

Uhm, okay. Just plain weird! I mean why? Why now?

When I would have a heart it would have stopped beating. And if I wouldn’t have trained my self-control, I would have ripped off his head.

And when my sister wouldn’t enjoy it, I’d slap him.

But what I saw was exactly why I didn’t act: she forced his mouth open with her lips and stuck her tongue in his mouth and twisted her fingers in his hair. My jaw dropped open.

***

»I’m sorry, Mandy! I swear! I don’t know what happened! «

I’m sure she was apologizing already for the hundredth time. Yeah, I mean it was wrong of her, but I mean she didn’t know what she was doing. Kind of a longing had flamed up in her. I’d felt it radiate from her body, while she kissed him. But she didn’t really want it. Or did she?

But the only real question spinning in my head was: Why did he do it?

We were sitting in my new car. My new Audi ER8. But it was specially made in sky-blue. I was driving at a speed of 180 m/ph.

“I don’t know, Mandy! I wish I’d know why he kissed me! I couldn’t read it in his mind! And I also don’t know why I longed for him so badly!”

I sighed. Suddenly I felt a flame in my throat, bursting through it to announce my thirst.

I’d so forgotten about the hunting trip, I’d planned with dad today.

“Jess, I have to go. Sorry. Can you drive my car home for me? Please? “I asked sweetly. I still haven’t forgotten about that Kerby-guy, but I tried to.

She gave me a ‘see-you-later-kiss’ and in inhuman speed I got out of the driving car, while

Jessie quickly jumped into the driver’s seat. I waved after her and then I ran at the double of the car’s speed to the meadow in the middle of the forest, where my father already waited for me. When I arrived I quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Hi, Dad, “ I said breathlessly, still exhilarated of my fast run, which had so filled me with joy of being released of the stress before.

“Hi, Mandy, darling, how are you? “ Dad asked, suddenly a worrying crease between his eyebrows that were slightly pressed together. I smoothed his marble and pale skin. The same I had…

“Dad…Do you know anything about the Kerby Family? “I asked.

Maybe dad knew something about him...?

“Kerby, Kerby, Kerby…” he mumbled the name while his dark brown eyes started to get light milky: Milk chocolate. He was thinking and remembering something; something terrible.

“Kerby. Mignonette Anastasia Kerby is the sister of Vladimir Maconi.”

My body got numb and I could only stare.
Maconi, the murderers of my mother and whole rest of a family I actually could have counted. And just because fate hates me: Vladimir Maconi’s sister’s son; Great.

“Dad…Was she also so…Uhm, power-greedy?” I asked, the last word coming out as a hiss.

“Yes, she was indeed, especially her husband, Drake. He once was counted as one of the Maconi, but he died in the attack of the werewolves.”

Okay, just to get this straight: the werewolves aren’t so nice fluffy pets you can count as best buddies or whatnot. The friendliest type I ever heard of was when they actually kill you fast, so you don’t have to suffer. (They don’t eat you, they just kill you, except deer, because every other creature stinks for them and you also don’t love to eat something stinky, do you?)
And plus: you were very lucky to actually run into one of those “nice” werewolves.

I once had the chance to meet one. It was in Transylvania, where we moved to after my sister and I turned to vampires. My dad thought it would be okay there, since very few people live there and there are enough animals to feed.
Yes, enough animals. And just really a few people who wouldn’t turn into killing machines (I mean really killers! They would even eat their own kids and wife) as soon as the full moon turns their skin ugly and burn away their humanity for the night.

I heard a crack behind me and I turned around very slowly, the shock had lamed my strong body.

Behind me was a creature I couldn’t name and a ray of silver moonlight caressed the black fur that stretched across its body. It wasn’t ugly, but I also didn’t look really welcoming.
I stepped back. I stopped breathing, without to care.
This creature had noticed me already. It sniffed me and then it growled viciously.
I haven’t hesitated; I ran. I ran around every tree, but I noticed I haven’t lost this monster.

Fear ripped through my brain and I knew I was dead. Yeah I know, I know. Not really dead, since I’m immortal.
I jumped up a tree, which seemed high enough and secure.
I hid behind the thick bushes up in the leaves; stopped breathing.

When the werewolf stood directly under me, it wrinkled its snout.
I couldn’t bear the danger anymore and bloodlust took fear’s ruling place in the centre of my mind.

I jumped down on the monster’s back and with my claws I slit through its skin. Some fur fell on the ground and a disgusting smell overwhelmed me. The creature howled in pain and tried unsuccessfully to throw me of its back. I twisted my claws in the dog’s fur and rode it until I couldn’t resist. I drank the blood of its wound. It tasted like rotten milk and I felt as if I’d spit everything out, but the liquid satisfied my terrible bloodlust and the pain in my throat and the red spot in my head faded. I relaxed as the lifeless body dropped to the ground and

I swiftly and lazily jumped of the werewolves’ back. I wiped my pale hand across my blood-smeared mouth and a feeling of sickness went through me.
I threw up all the red warmth with the taste of rusty nails. After the flow of red finished I coughed and then went to the body of the creature. I sliced of the head.
Let’s play it safe, I thought.

Suddenly the parts grew together again and the horrible scene pictured a dead, handsome and naked man, which wasn’t blood smeared like the monster and his dark, beautiful hair wasn’t filthy.
He didn’t have any hair on his body, just pale, cold skin.

I think werewolves want to just die in their original form and at least not disgusting and ugly.
As I looked at the beautiful man, tears warned to run out of my eyes.
I bent down and stroked the dark hair out of his face. I caressed his full lips with my hand and then I did something terrible: I kissed him on the clean, dead chest.

As I thought about this scene that was over a century ago, my father asked me something I didn’t want to answer. “Miranda, why did you ask me about them?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I tried to make it easier to read, I hope that's okay...(^-^)"
I hope you read further!
:) Love you! xx