Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 12

“Everything will be fine” Aubrey said trying to sooth Sydney, but nothing her or Tera could say would stop her crying.

“He wasn’t supposed to find out this way” Sydney cried.

“Well, honey how was he going to find out?” Tera asked.

“I was going to wait til he came back to tell him” She said reaching for a tissue. “If I would have told him I was pregnant before he left, he would have thought I was just saying it so he wouldn’t divorce me”

Aubrey and Tera couldn’t disagree; she had a point there.

“Maybe you should call him,” Tera said.

“No, he doesn’t want to hear from me.” She cried.

“Well, Jimmy told me that once he calmed down he was happy about being a dad” she tried to make Sydney feel better, but it wasn’t working.

“Yeah and Zacky told me that Matt already started picking up little things for the baby. Just call him.” Aubrey handed Sydney her cell phone, but she didn’t have to call Matt, he was calling her. When her phone started to ring, she looked at both of them.

“Answer it!” Tera said.

“Hello” Her voice was shaky and Matt could hear it on the other end of the phone.

“Why didn’t you tell me we were having a baby?” his voice was calm. Tera and Aubrey got up and went in the other room to give her some privacy.

“I never got the chance,” she said

“You could have called”

“You wouldn’t have answered.” He heard her sniffle on the other end of the phone and knew she was crying, but wasn’t moved.

“Jesus Christ, Sydney. I don’t know what the fuck to do now. I need time to think. I’ll call you sometime next week” he said and hung up on her.

Aubrey and Tera left about half hour later. Syd was tired and asked to be alone for a little while.

--
“Did you see the paper?” she asked

“Yeah, I saw it.”

“How’s Matt?”

“Don’t even ask. He took his frustration out on Brian’s face.”

“Jesus Christ. Is he ok?”

“Yeah, he’s gonna be black and blue for a while though.”

“Poor Brian” she said.

“Poor Brian, how about poor me, I haven’t had sex in a month”

“Yeah, well that’s your own fault. If you weren’t such a pussy, I’d be there with you right now”

“I’m not in the mood for this, I’m hanging up now”


He hung up and threw his phone in the corner of the bunk before turning over and going to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...now we know Brian is not Mystery Man! and if it were his baby Syd would be nearly 6 months pregnant by now....not his...sorry...it's Matt's baby. :)