Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 24

When the morning came, Brian headed back over to the hospital to see Stormy again. This time he was much calmer. When he got to her room the bed was empty. It was made as if no one even slept in it.

He walked out of the room and over to the nurses station. “Where is the girl that was in that room?” he asked pointing to Stormy’s door.

“She checked herself out this morning” the nurse said.

“What? How could you let that happen?”

“I’m sorry sir, we can’t keep patients here against their will”

Brian looked at her and nodded. His mind raced as to where she could have gone. After getting back in his car he headed back to the house and hoped that she had gone home.

When he got back to the house he headed down to his apartment, but found it empty.
After running back up he knocked on Johnny’s door.

“Hey, have you seen Stormy?”

“no?”

“She checked out of the hospital, please if you see her, call me right away”

Johnny nodded, but Brian was down the hall before he could respond. He knocked on Zacky’s door next.

“Stormy checked out of the hospital, have you seen her?”

“no” Zacky shook his head and Brian took off again. He found Harley’s door and knocked next.

She answered wrapped in a sheet and he could see Jason Berry in the background on the bed.

“You know what? Never mind!” Brian said and walked down to the living room. He sat down on the couch and tried to think of places she would go.

--

“You are and never will be anything more than a filthy slut”

Matt’s words played over and over again in her head as she walked down the street. She didn’t know where she was going, but she knew she couldn’t go home.

“No one will ever love you”

She wiped her eyes and continued walking. He was right, no one would ever love her. As the night grew darker she found herself in the seedy part of town. There were prostitutes on the corners and strip clubs in between every porn shop and drug dealers just lurking in the darkness.

She pulled her jacket closed and continued to walk down the boulevard. No one knew where she was and no one was probably looking for her. There were men who would call out to her and say the disgusting things that they would like to do to her.

“Go back to your pole, you two dollar whore”

It was getting colder as she walked further into the night. Part of her wanted to go home, but she kept telling herself she wasn’t welcome there. When she reached the end of the boulevard, she looked over the railing at the water down below. There was something about it that looked so inviting.

“You could disappear right now and do you really think anyone in this room would give a fuck?”

She swung her leg over the railing, but a cold hand around her mouth pulled her back. A strong arm wrapped around her waist and dragged her back to a waiting vehicle. She kicked and tried to get out of his grip, but he was to strong for her. He shoved her into the back seat of the limo and got in beside her closing the door behind him.

“We meet again” Laura said.