I don't need you

You know more about me then anyone else

"Erica... Erica wake up." Slowly opening my eyes I looked at Joe as he lent over me "Morning." he smiled
"What time is it?" I yawned rubbing my eyes
"6:30"
Letting out a groan I slowly sat up "How you feeling?" Joe asked as he opened the curtains letting in the morning sunlight.
"Better" I nodded running my hand through my hair and over my face; I hate being up early especially this early. I normally only get up an hour before school.
Joe sat on the edge of the bed and stared at me "What?" I asked, slightly uncomfortable
"Before you go downstairs, I need to tell you something. My mum knows." he blurted out
"Knows what?"
"Why your here, that you step dad, you know" he said indicated to my stomach, which still hurts like hell.
"Joe" I groaned
"She knew there was something going on, and I don't like lying to her and my dad." he explained "But on the positive side she said that you can stay for as long as you want."
There he goes again, why does he want me here so much.
"Joe I already told you I'm not living out of your guest room. First of all it's not fair on you and your parents and secondly I don't have any of my stuff."
"And I already told you I'm fine with it and so are my parents, and you can get your stuff and bring them back."
Staring into his eyes it's pretty obvious that's he's hoping I agree to this "I don't know." I shrugged
"At least think about it over breakfast." Joe said as he took my hand and pulled me out of the bed.
"Gently" I shouted as I scrambled out so that I didn't fall on the floor

******

"Wow, that's a lot of pancakes." I raised my eyebrows at the tower of pancakes Joe put in front of me as he sat down.
"It's to share." he laughed while putting a few on my plate
"Good, there is no way I'd be able to eat them all."
"Ok so I figured that we'd use this time for us to get to know each other." Joe said before taking a bite of his breakfast
"Can I go first?" I asked looking up at him then back at the pancake I was pulling apart
"Sure" he nodded
"Firstly what is your name? Your full name I mean."
Joe sniggered to himself "My full name? Joseph Adam Jonas. I hope all the questions are this easy." he smiled to himself while shifting in his seat.
"Does anyone call you Adam or AJ?"
"Why would people call me AJ?"
"You know, Adam Jonas. AJ" I explained
"Oh right. Er no, people call me Joe, or Joseph when I'm in trouble." he shrugged.

I covered my mouth as I let out a yawn "Once I consider you my friend I'm going to start calling you AJ." I nodded to myself
"Can I ask you a question now?" Joe asked suddenly turning serious, oh god he's gonna ask me about Allen or why I don't like people again. Hesitating at first I nodded and took another pancake from the stack.
"How long have you been living with your stepdad?"
Why couldn't he start off with something easy? I might as well answer him, get it over and done with. "I was afraid you'd ask me about him. I've lived alone with him for 3 years, 7 if you include the time when my mum was around."
"What happened to her?"
"She left, and before you ask I don't know why. I just got up one day and she wasn't around." I shrugged dropping the remainder of the half eaten pancake on the plate and reaching out for the drink in front of me.
"I'm sorry." Joe muttered
"Why? It's not your fault."
Joe looked down at his plate, oh god he's gone all silent. I hate long silences, maybe I should ask him another ques-
"Do you ever think about her?" he asked quickly looking up at me again
"No. I used to, but then I thought if she couldn't be brave enough to tell me that she's leaving or even write me a note explaining herself, then she's not worth thinking about. My dad on the other hand, I think about him all the time. I was a real daddies girl as a kid and when he died I-"
"You don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to." Joe said stopping me mid sentence.

Wow, I was about to tell him about everything, I didn't even think about it. That's never happened before, normally I make sure I don't say anything about it. Then again not many people ask.
"It's weird, I've never really talk to anyone about this stuff and here I am telling a guy i've known for a week about my tragic past." I bit the corner of my lip then shook my head "Congratulations Joe, you know more about me then anyone else." I laughed lightly.
He let out a quick laugh and smile "I think it's your turn again."
"Ok. Do you have an siblings?" I really need to start thinking of better questions, what the hell is wrong with me?
"That's easy. Yes, I have a brother who's at college..... Why don't you like the idea of having friends?"
"It's a long story and I don't think we have the time." I answered quickly, it's not a long story I'd just rather not tell him everything. Especially since I still don't know that much about him.
"Oh crap your right it's gone 7, we still need to go get your stuff." He pushed his chair back and quickly finished his orange juice
"Hold on, what is this 'we' business?" I asked looking up at him
"Did you or did you not agree to stay?"
"Well yea but-"
"I'm not letting you go back there on your own, so come on. Get dressed." He picked up one of the remaining pancakes and took a bite as he ushered me off the chair and out the dining room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now the good stuff gets to happen =]

And it also means I'm gonna start being mean with my updates, the more comments I get the faster i'll update.