I don't need you

Can't believe your making me go bowling.

Not being able to concentrate on the teacher's discussion on some historical event that I couldn't care less about I picked up my pencil and began doodling on my notepad. Me and Joe have Math and History together and he had managed to convince the people I normally have sitting next to me to switch with him, apparently friends present or future are supposed to sit together.
Feeling a nudge on my arm I looked at Joe who glanced at the front of the classroom then back at me
"I was thinking that we should watch a movie tonight." he whispered
"Ok" I shrugged not showing much enthusiasm
"We can do something else if you don't want to."
"Joe I honestly don't-"
"Erica!" Looking up not only was the teacher glaring at me but so was the rest of the class
"Sorry" I muttered as I looked back down at my notebook.

Joe pushed a piece of paper in front of me with the words 'sorry I got you in trouble' written on it, looking at he I smiled weakly "It's fine" I mouthed out handing the paper back.

*****

Hearing the final bell signaling the end of school and grabbing my bag from under my chair I made my way out the classroom.
I'm supposed to meet Joe outside but I'm sure he can wait a few minutes while I go to the girls bathroom.

Pushing through the door I went straight to the cubical locking the door behind me, I don't actually need to use the toilet but I just need some time to think about what I'm doing. This is probably a stupid time to doubt my decision on giving Joe a chance but there's just something weird about it all. The way he was insistent on me talking to him in the first place, then trying to learn whatever he could about me. Now he wants to see a movie. I don't know maybe I'm just over analyzing it, maybe he's always like this with people. Pushing my hand through my hair I took a deep breath and stepped out the cubical, going straight to the sink.
While washing my hands I glanced to the side I noticed another girl using the sink next to me and looking right at me.
"Hey" she smiled
"Hi" I responded
"Your Erica right?"
"Er yea."
"Can I ask you something?"
"I guess"
"Are you dating that new guy, Joe?"
"Joe? No" I answered quickly
"But you two are close? I mean I see you with him everyday."
"I wouldn't exactly say we were close."
"Do you like him? I mean do you have dibs."
"I'm not interesting in Joe."
"Awesome could you give him my number and ask him to call me." she quickly pulled out a piece of paper with her name and number on it and stuck it out in front of me. I slowly took it from her and nodded.
"Thanks" she smiled then turned and rushed out the door.
Wow, I've gone from having no friends to having guys asking me if I was normal again and now I've become Joe's pimp. Life just gets better and better.

As I reached the bottom of the steps Joe saw me and said bye to his friends
"Ready to go?" He smiled once he was close enough for me to hear
"Yea." I nodded "Oh before I forget this is for you." Pulling the paper from my coat pocket I handed it over
"Who's April?" furrowing his eyebrows he looked at me then back at the name and number
"I don't know, I don't care but she wants you to call her."
Joe shook his head and shoved it in his pocket "Anyway, I thought that instead of going out we could stay in an watch a movie."
"Sure" I shrugged
"Joe!" looking back I saw one of the guys that was in Joe's group of friends running towards us "Hey Erica" he smiled at me as he reached us.
Why do people keep doing that? A lot of people who normally just walk past me have started saying hi to me. Has there been some kind of secret meeting where it was decided that because of Joe people are gonna talk to me.
"Dude, I forgot to tell you a few of us are going bowling tonight and we wanted to know if you were coming."
"Can't. Me and Erica have plans." Joe said as he pulled his car keys out from his pocket
"She can come to."
"I don't know, Erica do you wanna go?" Joe asked me, shrugging my shoulders I pulled my coat tighter around me suddenly feeling colder.
"Well if you change your minds we're meeting up at 7."

*******

"You have so many nice stuff, why don't you ever wear them." Joe asked as he looked through the clothes I was throwing across the room
"Well I never really feel like I need to dress to impress. So I just stick to plain tops and a pair of jeans." I shrugged continuing to look through everything. Pulling out another top which I've brought but never wore I held it up to show Joe who was now sitting on the bed with his legs stretched out in front of him.
"Perfect!" he nodded
"I still can't believe your making me go bowling." I sighed pulling off my current t-shirt, only just realizing Joe was still staring at me, "Close your eyes!" I shouted throwing the t-shirt at him
"I've seen it before, don't forget I've helped you undress." he smirked as I quickly put my top on.
How long does he plan on using that against me? He's not even the slightest bit bothered by it, like me undressing in front of him is normal. I don't even want to go bowling with him and his friends, I would have preferred to stay in and watch a movie like he originally planned but no, apparently this is good socializing for me.
"Come on then, lets get this over and done with." I sighed grabbing my grey cardigan from the bed and leaving the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=16482996 Erica's outfit

Just to let you know it's going to be a while before I can update again, I'm going on a college trip and I'm not back till Saturday. I'll try and update as soon as I can when I'm back