I don't need you

How about I play him.

"Your going the wrong way." I sighed as Joe continued to ignore me as he drove down the street
"For the third time, no I'm not." he said glancing at me then back at the road
"Joe, I've lived here my whole life, you've been here less then a month I know the way to the bowling alley and it's in the other direction." I leant my head back on the seat and continued to stare at him
"Trust me I know where I'm going." as he turned the corner he slowed the car down realizing he reach a street with a dead end.
"Wow. The bowling alley's changed since I was a kid." I said with obvious sarcasm and smirked at Joe
"I missed the turning." he muttered as he looked back and started reversing
"You missed the turning 4 blocks ago." I whispered but loud enough for him to hear.

******

"Ok so what you want to do it aim to hit all the pins, just pu-"
"Joe I know how to bowl, this might come as a shock but I've done it before." I said looking at him and securing my grip on the ball.
"Joe just let here get on with it!" one of his friends shouted from their seat
I stepped forward lining myself up with the pins, taking a deep breath I drew my arm back and swung forward letting go of the ball. I watched the ball roll down the lane and slowly walked backwards, stumbling as I accidently reversed into Joe.
"I think you might be a little off." Joe said as he put his arm out keep me standing, not answering I kept my eye on the ball, I know for a fact my aim isn't off and that I am in fact a great bowler. As the last pin fell a smile spread across my face
"I think you'll find that's a strike." Patting his shoulder I walked back to my seat and started receiving praise from the rest of the group.
"Anyone for another drink?" Ryan, Joe's friend who had invited me asked as he stood up, looking around I noticed everyone stick up their hand "Erica, what about you?"
"Er, yea sure." I shrugged
"Joe you can help." he slightly raised his eyebrows at Joe who quickly turned round and looked at him slightly confused.
"Right.... sure why not." he answered sounding suspicious
"So you and Joe look cute together." I quickly looked at Rebecca, another one of Joe's friends and one of the school cheerleaders as she moved to the seat next to me.
"What do you mean?" I asked
"What do you think I mean, there's got to be something going on." she laughed "I mean your living in his house right?"
"You know about that?" dropping my head in embarrassment I can feel my cheeks burning up
"Oh I'm sorry. Joe mentioned it to Ryan who told me. Don't worry if you don't want anyone to know, i'll keep quiet." she tightly pressed he lips together and moved her hand over her mouth in a zipping motion.
"Could you excuse me for just one second." I muttered as I stood up.
I can't believe he told people that I was living in his house, it's not that I care if people know but what else has he told them? Has he mentioned Allen and everything else i've told him, now I think about it I'm glad he doesn't know everything. I need to find him and find out before anyone else surprises me.
"You can't up the stakes." Freezing in place when I heard Joe's voice by the corner of the food counter and staying hidden by the drink vending machine.
"Why are you scared?" Ryan teased
"I think it's pretty clear your the one who's scared, it's been less then a month and i've got her to talk to me, stay at my house and almost call me a friend."
Oh my god they're talking about me, hold on what does he mean up the stakes. Up the stakes of what?!
"Yea so making her fall in love with you shouldn't be a problem. If you think it's gonna be difficult you can keep the deadline of Prom night." Ryan continued, I moved a little closer so I could hear better but making sure they can't see me.
"Don't you think that this is getting a little too far? I mean being friends is one thing but breaking her heart is another."
"Dude you don't have to do it, if you want to back out that's fine."
"I'm not backing out. In fact I accept yo-"
Stepping away from the vending machine I ran towards the exit, I can't stand there and listen to him anymore. I can't believe I let him into my life, I started to-
"Excuse me!" I suddenly spun round when a hand landed on my arm "You have to give back the rental shoes." the bowling alley working said signaling to my feet, bending down I pulled the shoes off and followed him back to the counter so he could give me back my shoes.
I impatiently bounced my leg as I waited, I need to get of here before Joe realizes I've left.
"Thank you." I snatched my shoes from the workers hands and rushed out not stopping to put them on.

******

"I can't believe I trusted him." I angrily muttered to myself, slamming my foot on the dusty ground below me, pressing my forehead against my knees as I pulled them closer to me. Looking back up I rested my chin on my knees and looked out onto the ocean and night sky, the sound of the waves crashing against the bottom of the cliff helps to remind me why I come here. It's peaceful and it's simple, it doesn't pretend to be something that it's not. After I ran from the bowling alley I came straight here, I didn't even think about it, I didn't need to think about it. Just like I don't need to think about Joe, I don't need to but I can't help it. Even though I know I should be mad at him for what he's doing, I'm more angry at myself for letting it happen. I went against my gut instinct and trusted him, and let him into my life. I believed him when he said that he wouldn't let me down and that he wanted to help me, well he can shove it. I don't care anymore because in the long run all he's done is made me more aware to the fact that I can't trust anyone and that I'm better off alone.

My head snapped up at the sound of an approaching car on the dirt road, looking back I can clearly see Joe's car slowing down.
I can't believe he's already here, not that I'm completely surprised this is where I always go and he knows it. At least I have the chance to scream and shout without the worry that someone might hear.
Ok he's getting out the car I should really decide what i'm going to say now before I panic and ba-
"Erica, why did you take off?" He shouted as he walked towards me "Rebecca said you got up and left for no reason, what happened?"
I got up to my feet and dusted myself off "I didn't want to be there anymore." I snapped
"Is something wrong?" He asked stopping a few feet away from me
"Actual-" I quickly stopped myself from continuing, what if I don't tell him. Yes I could yell at him but where's the payback.
How about I beat him at his own game, he's playing me so how about I play him.
"Erica?!" he shouted again bringing me back from my thoughts
"No, nothings wrong. I just didn't feel well." I said quietly
"Well how are you feeling now?" Joe asked sounding more calm and concerned, you have to hand it to him he's a good actor. If I didn't know any better I'd think he actually cared.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been debating about wether or not to add this story line, it's been in the back of my mind for about 2 weeks now but I wanted to make sure I could keep the bases of the story going if I added it. If everything goes according to plan if should come out really well.