I don't need you

I don't want to go

Ok so this is the plan. I'm going to let Joe think that I don't know anything about his little wager with Ryan, if he thinks he can lie to me and treat me like I'm an idiot then he has another thing coming. I'm going to make him think I trust him and since he now needs to make me fall in love with him I'm going to bring out my inner actress and have him believe he's winning.

Stepping out my room wearing my pajamas I made my way to Joe's room, I figured I might as well continue my being nice and not completely ignoring him. Lightly knocking on his bedroom door I slowly pushed it open.
"Joe?" looking around the room and not seeing him, I know I shouldn't but I can't help but go in anyway. I might as well wait for him here I'm sure he wont be long; sitting on the bed I pushed a shoebox which slid towards me when I sat down. I let out a sigh as I looked around the room, glancing back at the box I cautiously lifted the lid and looked inside picking up a collection of polaroids.
While looking through them my eyes widened when I saw one of me, I wasn't even looking at the camera but I know it's me. I know it's me because of the surroundings, the cliff, the ocean in the distance. Why is he taking pictures of-
"Erica what are you doing in here?" I looked up at Joe as he stood by the door
"What is this?" I asked looking back down at the photos
"Nothing, just a hobby of mine."
"Why is there a picture of me?"
"I had my camera, the setting looked nice" he trailed off as he sat next to me
"I really hope there isn't a secret stash of these otherwise I might have to go back home." I joked
"Don't worry, that's the only one of you." he took the photos from my hands and put them back in the box "So what did you want to talk about?" he sighed putting the box on the ground
"What makes you think I wanted to talk about something?" making myself comfortable I crossed my legs and faced him
"Well your sitting in my room and your either just really bad at snooping or you were waiting for me to get back."
"Right, well...... I wanted to ask you something."
"Ok" he shifted his body so he was leaning on the headboard "Ask away."
"First of all, why do people keep talking to me all of a sudden?"
"What?" he laughed
"Ever since I started being around you people who used to ignore me now randomly come up to me and say hi, and asked how I'm doing."
"Maybe they're just starting to see what I see." he shrugged
"And what's that?"
"Well for starters you have your funny moments and even though you say you like being alone you actually like having me around to talk to." he smirked crossing his arms across his chest
"What gives you that idea?"
"Your living in my house, your hanging out with me at school-"
"Actually I'm staying in your parents house because you made me and I'm only around you when we're in the same class and in the car." I interrupted.
Time to step it up a notch, lets see how he copes with straight up lying to my face while I turn on the innocents.
"Joe can I trust you?" I said quietly, looking down at my hands then back up at him again
"Yea of course." he nodded "I'm here for you remember." as he reached out and lightly rubbed my arm I smiled weakly.
But if I'm honest with you I actually want to slap him, however if I want to have fun with this I can't...... I have to play along.
"Your probably gonna think this is a bit short notice but I was wondering it you wanted to go somewhere with me after I've finished work tomorrow."
"Like a date?" he smirked
"No" I laughed "You seem to be the one making all the plans so I want to take charge. Meet me outside the bookstore at 2"

*****

I'm glad I have girly clothes, even though I brought them convincing myself I would wear them but never did, I can now. So I woke up this morning decided that it would be the day I start to tease Joe, flirt with him while trying to maintain my attitude. I don't want to be too obvious after all.
Running my hand through my hair I shook my head to give it a little extra volume, grabbing my bag and sunglasses from the bed I made my way downstairs.
Reaching the bottom I went straight into the living room "I'm going to work. Don't forget 2 o'clock" I said to Joe, he looked at me from his seat on the sofa
"Aren't you dressed a little casual for work?" As he examined my denim knee length shorts, flip flops and striped top I shrugged my shoulders.
"I work in an independent bookstore the only dress code rule is don't dress like a slut."
"Is that really a rule?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows
"It's implied." Putting my sunglasses on and giving Joe a partial wave goodbye I left the room
"Do you want me to give you a ride?" Looking back Joe stepped out in a hurry
"It's only a 15 minute walk."
"Can I walk you then?"
"If you want." I shrugged.
Flirting is easier then I thought, that's if I'm doing it properly.......... there is a little voice in the back of my mind telling me that Joe is actually winning, but since I know what he's doing does that mean I'm winning. I don't know this is getting to complicated, I just have to focus on my plan.

"So" Joe sighed as he walked alongside me his hands shoved in his pockets
"So" I copied
"Ryan called me earlier and wanted to know if we were going to his brothers party next Saturday."
"Depends" I shrugged
"On what?"
"On you." I smiled "Joe we both know that it doesn't matter if I want to go or not."
"Sure it does." he smiled lightly elbowing me
"Really?" I said clearly not believing him "So if I said that I don't want to, your not gonna try and find someway to get me to go."
"Ok so maybe I would, but I wouldn't force you to be there if you really didn't want to."
I stopped walking and turned to face Joe, staring right into his eyes.
"I don't want to go, I really don't want to go."
"Really?" he asked raising his eyebrows
"Really." I nodded and continued walking
"Can I ask why?" he said quickly catching up
"Because I don't want to." I answered plainly
"Are you sure, I think you might-"
"There you go again!" I said in disbelief "If you want to go, then go. But when I say I don't want to, then I don't want to. Meaning don't try and change my mind by saying i'll have a great time, trust me. I won't."
♠ ♠ ♠
I was bored so I updating earlier then planned lol

http://tinyurl.com/yfpf38g Erica's work outfit