I don't need you

You don't take dance.

Entering my room after brushing my teeth I stopped, seeing Joe sat on the bed "What are you doing Joe?" I asked as he looked up at me
"Come here for a second." he sighed patting the space on the mattress next to him
"Ok" Sitting next to him I crossed my legs and leant against the wall
"I didn't know you wore glasses" he said looking a little confused
"I don't wear them very often." I shrugged taking them off and putting them back on again
"Well anyway I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out and have lunch tomorrow?"
Is he asking me out on a date? I did not expect that, I can't say no, he sees me everyday, but I can't say yes either it would be too much right now. "So, what do you say?"
"Er... I- I can't." I said shaking my head
"Oh- Why not?"
"I'm busy."
"Ok...... well, maybe another time then." he stood up and walked towards the door as I sighed with relief he quickly turned back round. "Can I ask what your doing?"
I looked back up at him "What?"
"Tomorrow, what is it your doing?"
"Practice" I blurted out
"Practice?"
"Dance practice- yea..... dance practice." Mentally slapping myself I continue staring at Joe waiting for him to leave.
"You don't take dance." he said obviously not convinced
"How do you know, I could take dance."
"Do you?"
"Yes, yes I do. Why else would I be practicing."
"What school do you go to?"
"I don't, I teach myself."
"You've never mentioned it.... ever."
"I didn't think I had to. In case you hadn't noticed there's a lot about me you don't know."
"Ok. Well goodnight then." he half smiled and left the room closing the door behind him.

Dance practice? What the hell!! Ok I need to come up with better lies, maybe I didn't completely lie to him, I mean I did take dance but I quit like 2 years ago, how the hell am I supposed to get out of this? I could have just said that I had an extra shift at work or something, but no I had to say dance practice.
Grabbing my pillow I fell face first onto the mattress ignoring the fact my glasses are now digging into my face.

******

"Please let it be in here." I muttered to myself while digging through my clothes, I don't know what I actually brought with me I just grabbed what I could and shoved it in the bag. I swear to god if I don't find my old dance leotard I'm screwed, luckily I found my tights but I didn't have my old dance shoes but maybe I can get away without Joe notic- "Oh thank god" clutching the leotard to my chest I sighed with relief. Now I just need to make sure it still fits.

Joe is still skeptical about my excuse for not having lunch with him today, I know I can use lunch with him for my own advantage but I don't want to take things too far by going on a date, that's pretty much what lunch with him would be. Why else would he have asked the way he did.

Looking in the mirror I stretched the material of the leotard a bit, it's a little bit snugger then I remember but I'm sure i'll be fine. Hopefully he doesn't plan on 'stopping by' because otherwise I'll be forced to 'practice' what I still remember. If he just lets me leave I can roam around town for an hour and a half and come back.

"Are you ready?" I looked back to see Joe standing in the doorway, dressed and holding his car keys
"Where are you going?" I asked
"Dropping you off." he shrugged
"Why?"
"Do I need a reason? Come on let's go."
"2 minutes, I'm almost done."
"I'll be waiting downstairs."
Why does he have to take me everywhere! I bet this is his way of making sure I haven't lied to him. As if I'm the one that shouldn't be trusted. Slipping on an oversized t-shirt, jogging bottoms and converses. I grabbed the remainder of my stuff and threw them into my bag.

******

Waiting for Joe to drive away while watching from inside the dance studio's lobby, this is where I used to take classes so I just pointed him in this direction. As soon as he dropped my off I quickly said bye and jumped out the car before he could talk me into letting him come in. I've never been this panicked before, it's weird for me. By the looks of it he's gone, I think it's safe for me to leave, I told him I would call if I needed picking up but obviously I'm not going to.

Leaving the building and walking down the street I glanced behind me to make sure Joe's still not in the area. Suddenly feeling a slam against me I stopped in place looking at the person in front of me, shit!
"That was quick, is your class over already?" Joe said raising his eyebrows and folding his arms across his chest.
"Joe there you are! I just came out here to ask you if I left my phone in your car." I laughed nervously
"Un huh, of course you did. Why are you lying to me about having dance class?"
"I didn't." Trying to avoid looking him in the eyes I gave up dropping my arms to my side "Fine I lied. I didn't want to go to lunch with you ok."
"So why didn't you just say so?"
"I don't know. I guess I don't want to go on a date with you." I muttered, I feel like I'm at school being told off by a teacher. It doesn't help that Joe is taller then me.
"A date? It wasn't a date." he laughed
"Well it sounded like one."
"Have you ever thought maybe it could just be two friends having lunch?"
"But we're not friends."
Joe rolled his eyes looking slightly frustrated "Will you please stop with the whole we're not friends thing, we hang out, we talk and we have fun. That's what friends do, meaning we're friends."
"Ok well then as friends I think you should forgive me for lying about having dance practice."
"I'll forgive you on one condition."
"Depends what it is."
"You go to Ryan's brother's party on Saturday." he smirked
"Seriously?" I said my face dropping, did he not understand me saying that I didn't want to go.
"Yep."
Looking at the stupid grin on his face as let out a sigh of annoyance "Ok fine! But you have to buy me an outfit for it."
"Deal" he laughed slinging his arm around my shoulder and directing me down the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay in update, i'll post another chapter to make it up to you. =]