I don't need you

I'll leave you alone then

"This isn't working" I mutter to myself continuing to try and cover my now fading bruise, I would stay home again but it's not really a good idea. If I don't go in the school will probably call to find out where I am and i'll have to come up with an excuse; and if I'm honest I don't want to stay here all day again.
Looking in the mirror and untying my hair letting it fall into it's long waves, I guess it helps a little, even though you can still see my face. Oh well I don't have much choice, I've done what I can and I'm already running late.
Grabbing my bag off my bed I headed out my room, rushed down the stairs and out the door. Reaching the bottom of the drive way my phone starts ringing, not stopping I rummaged through my bag trying to find it. Finally locating it I pulled it out stumbling forward and dropping it at the same time.
"Fucking hell!" I shout bending down to pick it up
"It's not the phone's fault." A voice from behind me laughed, looking back I frowned at the sight of Joe
"Stop stalking me!" I started walking away looking at the missed call on the screen, it's from Calvin.
"I'm not, this is my school route." Joe shrugged following me
"You drive to school, and you don't ever go this way." I said shoving my phone into my pocket
"I decided to get some fresh air and maybe I also decided to change route."
"And you just happen to be right here at the exact same time as me."
"Coincidence" he shrugged again
"Are you practicing your defense when I get a restraining order against you?" I looked down at my feet as I walked waiting for Joe to respond "Run out of your oh so clever remarks?" I said looking back at him
"Every time I say something you get annoyed with me so I'm gonna try talking less."
"Thank you." I actually mean that as well, I'm glad he's actually doing something I want.
"You did a good job with coving up the bruise, I almost didn't notice it." Joe said still walking next to me
"I thought you were staying quiet." I muttered
"I said i'd try."
"Well your failing."
Walking in silence for a few seconds Joe lightly taps my arm "Can I ask you something about Calvin?"
"I don't want to talk to you about him." I said shaking my head
"It's just one question. I promise."
"Joe your promises don't mean anything to me."
"Please, just one." he insisted
"Fine, if it'll get you off my back. What?" I groan stopping in place and facing him
"Can you honestly say that you feel one hundred percent comfortable around him? Don't you ever feel even just a little bit cautious?"
"I don't feel a hundred percent comfortable around anyone."
"You did around me."
"No I didn't, I didn't when we first met. I was beginning to when we really started hanging out together but then you ruined it when I found out about the bet. All the times that we were together after that I was always thinking about what you were doing to try and win, and then I'd try and think of a way to out play you. I could never relax around you."
"I'm sorry for that." he muttered
"You should be, but I think we both know it's not going to make a difference." I sighed then continue walking
"What do I have to do to make you trust me again?" he called out to me as he tries to keep up.
Stopping again I let out a sigh in frustration "Joe you can make me trust you, trust is earned. It's not as easy to gain as it is to destroy. Rather then interfering with my life and turning up on my door step uninvited, why don't you let me get on with what I have to do. If I'm making a mistake let me, I'm not gonna learn anything on my own if you keep pushing me into this protective bubble you've created for me. Give me space and when I'm ready to talk to you and give you another chance then I will, but the more you keep harassing me the more I'm going to resent you and push you away."
"So you want me to leave you alone?"
"Yes, it's what i've been saying this whole time if you just listened."
"Ok fine.... I'll leave you alone then."

******

Placing my college acceptance letter back into it's envelope I put it into my bag and place my bag into my locker. That's right I've been accepted and defiantly know I'll be leaving this town, I applied months ago and have now finally heard from them. It's all the way in New York but I don't care the further away I go the better, and in case you're wondering no one knows; most importantly Allen.

"Erica" Hearing my name being called I quickly look behind me to see Calvin
"Hey" I smile grabbing one of my books and closing my locker
"I just wanted to know if I could walk you to class?"
"Sure" I nod walking in the direction of the nearby math classroom, Calvin walking along side me.
"You looking forward to our date tonight?" he asked
"Of course" I smiled
"So I was thinking we see a movie then go back to mine."
"Sounds good" Slowing down as I reach the classroom I turn to face Calvin "Well I guess I'll see you later then." I sighed
"Pick you up at 6?" he winking before turning to leave
"Did I give you my address?" I asked quickly
"Yea" he nodded as he turned back to face me
"I'll see you at 6 then" I smile bitting my lip, I can't believe I'm getting giddy right now.
Calvin stepped forward planting a kiss on my cheek, oh god I think I'm blushing. "See ya" he smiled then headed down the hall.

Smiling to myself I go into the classroom taking my seat, unfortunately next to Joe.
"Hey" he said quietly as I sit down.
"Hi" I respond just a quiet my happy mood suddenly switching.
The lesson hasn't even started and I already know it's going to be torture.